pehawk

Reaction score
No link, just trust me...Coyle's dinged up

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good, I liked that guy. It should help special teams too.

2_0_6

Reaction score
That guy was a BEAST during the preseason last year.

I like Coyle's story, but he seemed lost at times.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Is Hawk Strap banned?

"Coyle Sucks"

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Interesting. Was it because Coyle was truly that dinged up or they just felt it's time to move on?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Coyle is a rook and is playing behind arguably the best MLB in the NFL. At least he's lasted longer than John Lotulelei.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sc85sis":3oaol4nn said:
Apparently he's most recently been on the Browns practice squad.

Seahawks do a lot of poaching from Vikings and Browns practice squads....do JS/PC know that there are 29 other teams with players on PS?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bradford is a great athlete who has played RB and LB. I love this signing as he is night and day better than Coyle. Faster, more experienced, and has a great reputation where the guys will accept him immediately.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This should mean that KJ slides back over to MIke and........KPL gets all the reps at WLB pending Smith coming back. At this point, I'm a huge fan of KPL getting the start at WLB even if Smith is somewhat healthy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1wuv16bn said:
sc85sis":1wuv16bn said:
Apparently he's most recently been on the Browns practice squad.

Seahawks do a lot of poaching from Vikings and Browns practice squads....do JS/PC know that there are 29 other teams with players on PS?

I'd have to say it probably has more to do with Bradford's familiarity with our scheme than which PS he was residing on.

He looked better than Croyle when he was here, then he went to the Giants and was on the Brown's PS. Hopefully with his additional experience, along with his familiarity with our scheme, he can fill in pretty well.

kearly

Reaction score
IIRC, Coyle had a good SPARQ rating and 40 time. But he sure hasn't looked like it in a Seahawks uniform. Even in the preseason I thought he looked a step slow, and in real games he's looked two steps slow. And scared. Like Chris Maragos.

Doesn't mean that Coyle can't stick to an NFL roster or even the Seahawks roster, but I thought he was hurting us out there when he played.

I don't think Seattle should cut him yet, familiarity could be part of the explanation for his inability to close on runners in the open field, and for that reason it's worth having patience. But man has he looked slow out there at times.

IIRC, Bradford ran roughly a 4.60, basically the same kind of speed as Kam Chancellor. Glad to see Bradford back, but I wonder what happened behind the scenes that made teams quit on him.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bradford just lacks experience playing linebacker. When Carroll recruited him to SC he was one of the best MLB prospects in the country. Ultimately, Carroll moved him to RB and Bradford never played a snap on defense at SC.

He's a great special teams player who needs to improve in coverage to make a real impact on defense.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I though Bradford looked better than Lotulelei during their preseason battle a year ago. I was bummed that he got beat out by Lotu. Glad he's back.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Loved Bradford's game in preseason a couple years ago. Good to see him back with us.
This also says (bad) things about our depth this year compared to last, but honestly, he was such a tough cut to make last time. I think he's a great fit here in Seattle, a better fit than probably anywhere else. I gues what it says is that "next man up" is off the street half the time this season, with all the injuries and less depth than last year.

John's getting Pete the players, and Pete & Co are coaching them up. Say what you want about Marcus Burley, the dude has been money for us for the price and for the needs we had, with guys out. OBrien Schofield has done the job just enough, along with Tharald Simon. Draft pick KPL has looked solid in his reps. This could be the best job of coaching that Pete's had to do, taking guys off the scrap heap and getting major mileage out of them.

I agree it also means that Coyle isn't doing what they need, at this point. He might get Redshirted once Wagner gets back, if Bradford is better.