What if Sherrman....

hawkpride

Reaction score
Checked in as eligible receiver on situational passing downs? Now before you blow me up think about it. He was a wide receiver before he changed position to a CB, we all know he can catch the rock from opposing QB's, why not Wilson. He likes physical play so he likely would be a good blocker if needed during the passing down, hell during some int's we've seen him blow up players when he was blocking. He has great speed to get down field quick and think if he lined up opposite from Prich one of the two surly could get open with their speed.
Remember I am only talking about specific passing plays, even as a decoy he could help the rest of the receivers get separation just being on the field.

What do you say?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
All kidding aside, I would love for him to be used as a RedZone/GoalLine WR some day. Dude, is one of the lengthiest players in the NFL who knows how to highpoint and attack a jumpball. If anything if he can't make the catch, he's skilled enough to prevent an interception.

4-6 TDs a year in Offensive packages would be a great way to also get bang for the buck out of his contract.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I really think we'd have seen it already but I wouldn't be adverse to it and it sure would be interesting to see him run a go-route if Kansas stack the box and go one on one.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawkpride":33libgzf said:
Checked in as eligible receiver on situational passing downs? Now before you blow me up think about it. He was a wide receiver before he changed position to a CB, we all know he can catch the rock from opposing QB's, why not Wilson. He likes physical play so he likely would be a good blocker if needed during the passing down, hell during some int's we've seen him blow up players when he was blocking. He has great speed to get down field quick and think if he lined up opposite from Prich one of the two surly could get open with their speed.
Remember I am only talking about specific passing plays, even as a decoy he could help the rest of the receivers get separation just being on the field.

What do you say?
Sherm doesn't have great speed. That was one of the knocks on him during the draft, and how we got him so low. He'd be good as a big, strong flanker fighting for jump balls along the sideline.

CANHawk

Reaction score
how_about_no_evil.jpg

firebee

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3kpd7d98 said:
HomerJHawk":3kpd7d98 said:
we need a TE. hmm....

Bruce Irvin.
Exactly what I've been thinking... We moved Sherman from WR to CB, Sweezy from DT to Guard. Why not try seeing if we can work Bruce Irvin in a little at TE. He has off the chart physical ability and prototype size for the position. If he can cover a WR like Odell Beckham on a chair route and stay with him, I think he could probably run a route and torch a defender. Question is... Does he have the hands and ball tracking skills to make the catches. If he does.... He'd become the ultimate weapon X in our offense.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Didn't they already do the whole WR decoy thing with #11? How'd that work out?

idahohawk

Reaction score
Why is this thread even still here? You lost me at Sherrman.

Do better.