NFL allegedly threatens to fine Lynch 100k

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Round 2. :smiley_boxin:

Per a league source, the NFL has threatened to fine Lynch $100,000 if he fails to speak to the media after Sunday’s game against the Chiefs.

The amount comes from the $50,000 fine that was imposed then suspended last year for failing to speak to the media. When the NFL lifted the fine, it also warned Lynch that future failure to cooperate would result in reinstatement of the fine, plus another $50,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... gure-fine/

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. It's a load of ish, IMO.

If he has to do it though, I'd get up there and my only responses would be yes, no, or sometimes.

Then just be all like, "What? I spoke to 'em? Phfsh...."

mikeak

Reaction score
Players are paid millions to be a part of this league. Lynch held out to make sure he got his share.

The salary comes with responsibilities negotiated by the players union. Things such as dress in game day, participate in training sessions and oh yeah be available to the media. Let's face it - take media out of the NFL and players won't make the money they make.

Now you can be quiet, do the Belicheck thing etc but you have to be available. They get paid to for this

Rob12

Reaction score
These are the types of things that will make Lynch retire if he prematurely chooses that route.

The man does not want to speak. Leave him alone.

Rob12

Reaction score
mikeak":137epn5d said:
Players are paid millions to be a part of this league. Lynch held out to make sure he got his share.

The salary comes with responsibilities negotiated by the players union. Things such as dress in game day, participate in training sessions and oh yeah be available to the media. Let's face it - take media out of the NFL and players won't make the money they make.

Now you can be quiet, do the Belicheck thing etc but you have to be available. They get paid to for this

I get all that, but if the man has a fear of speaking then how can be forced to do it? I remember during the SB week last year, and how uncomfortable he looked as he tried to find his exit. I just think it's BS. I get all the contractual stuff but it doesn't make it right.

Rob12

Reaction score
Basically, if you're really good at your job, you must speak or face heavy fines.

When was the last time Mike Morgan spoke to the media?

I know it's turned into a cliche at this point, but when Beast said he was just all about that action, he meant it - and to me, that's one of the things I respect the most about him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rog and his goons have their priorities out of wack. SMH!
Not talking to the media is a worse crime in the NFL's eyes than cheap shots or cheating! Good gawd how I hate Rog Goodell!

mikeak

Reaction score
Rob12":14d0vs6m said:
mikeak":14d0vs6m said:

I get all that, but if the man has a fear of speaking then how can be forced to do it? I remember during the SB week last year, and how uncomfortable he looked as he tried to find his exit. I just think it's BS. I get all the contractual stuff but it doesn't make it right.

So they can come up with compromises such as smaller sessions with reporters etc. if it truly is something "medical" then he should be smart and get a doctor to confirm it then claim right not to hold interviews under disability act

You can't just give him a pass. The next Tom Brady or Manning may not want to speak and suddenly the league don't get their biggest profiles in front of the cameras. That is a real issue for the league

Rob12

Reaction score
mikeak":2nizju85 said:
Rob12":2nizju85 said:
mikeak":2nizju85 said:

So they can come up with compromises such as smaller sessions with reporters etc. if it truly is something "medical" then he should be smart and get a doctor to confirm it then claim right not to hold interviews under disability act

You can't just give him a pass. The next Tom Brady or Manning may not want to speak and suddenly the league don't get their biggest profiles in front of the cameras. That is a real issue for the league

But it's what the above poster said (Hernia) that I have the issue with. The NFL's scale of justice when it comes to behavior is an absolute joke. Lynch is getting fined more money for not getting in front of a camera than someone who is head hunting on the field (Rafael Bush on Percy last year, for example).

It's stupid.

And I can absolutely give him a pass on this because I don't agree with it. I contend to leave the man alone. When he does speak, and drops an F-bomb or says something Roger doesn't like, are they going to fine him for that, too?

Seems like a witch hunt to me at this point. Lynch is a very different type of dude, and it just so happens that he is also a superstar. Roger wants to make an example out of him and I just think it's weak.

Agree to disagree.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
after re-watching episode 1 of rain city redemption i was reminded not only how open to the media marshawn was but how good he was in those interviews. such a drastic change in his stance on media and interviews.

el capitan

Reaction score
Julius Thomas' fine for an illegal chop block on Calais Campbell that led to Campbell missing half a dozen games - $8,268
Terrell Suggs' fine for a blatantly dirty hit on LeGarrette Blount's legs - $8,268
Bills WR Mike Williams' fine for wearing the wrong color socks - $11,025
Now Lynch is being threatened with a fine of $100,000 for not talking to the media, and the NFL wants us to believe it's obsessed with player safety. BS.

minormillikin

Reaction score
This is all ridiculous. Particularly when you compare it to piddly fines the NFL gives for things that actually hurt people. (see El capitan's post above)

Sorry Marshawn... You're hurting the World Wrestling Football League by not doing interviews.

Do they not realize it's actually a better TV show when certain characters remain a mystery?

mikeak

Reaction score
el capitan":162e4b0n said:
Julius Thomas' fine for an illegal chop block on Calais Campbell that led to Campbell missing half a dozen games - $8,268
Terrell Suggs' fine for a blatantly dirty hit on LeGarrette Blount's legs - $8,268
Bills WR Mike Williams' fine for wearing the wrong color socks - $11,025
Now Lynch is being threatened with a fine of $100,000 for not talking to the media, and the NFL wants us to believe it's obsessed with player safety. BS.

16 games not talking

endzorn

Reaction score
I expect nothing short of an eloquent soliloquy reflecting on his career, charity and philosophical outlook which the media can then bastardized and make him sound like a thug.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I would love to see him step up to the lectern, look around the room, crack that wry little smile of his, look into the camera, say "Awww F@@@ man," and walk off stage.

Your move Roger.

Hey, he can afford it. Why not?

-bsd