Tough loss

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
This one hurts. We had chances to win and let it slip. Makes the rest of the season an ever more uphill battle.

Losing Unger was huge and the loss of Mebane was felt.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Playcalling? This game was lost on run D and special teams. All there is to it. Chiefs played a good game and won in the trenches and on specials. Our offense actually functioned better than I expected.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Arrowhead is a tough place to play. A few feet more on a few plays and we have the win. No Wagner, Mebane or Unger during the end. I'm proud of this team.

SaskHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely, why not mix it up a little, Wilson was making things work with the outside run, call that a few more times and it would help keep the defense honest. They plugged up the middle on the 4th downs, why not try the outside there. The thing is we have become too predictable which was one thing that seperated us last year imo.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1phbvzxj said:
Playcalling? This game was lost on run D and special teams. All there is to it. Chiefs played a good game and won in the trenches and on specials. Our offense actually functioned better than I expected.

You liked that playcalling? Really? It's HORRENDOUS situationally, HORRENDOUS.

Rat

Reaction score
Having no WRs didn't help. I don't care who Percy was pissing off, he should not have been traded away.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pehawk":36pivnu7 said:
DavidSeven":36pivnu7 said:

Didn't like the fade to Baldwin, but there was RZ pass that Wilson clearly audibled to. Other than that, we mixed the run in well. Not sure what else there is to complain about besides hindsight stuff. Defense and special teams were the clear liabilities in this game.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I only counted one read option where Russell kept it. (I'm sure there were more). Should have gone to this more.

edogg23

Reaction score
This team is killing me. We miss Golden Tate. At no point did I feel like we even remotely presented a downfield threat. Last year we converted on a bunch. Also I think this team left their manhood in SanAsiago.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2hgz57rk said:
pehawk":2hgz57rk said:
DavidSeven":2hgz57rk said:

Didn't like the fade to Baldwin, but there was RZ pass that Wilson clearly audibled to. Other than that, we mixed the run in well. Not sure what else there is to complain about besides hindsight stuff. Defense and special teams were the clear liabilities in this game.

There's plenty to complain about.

Even on Baldwin's TD that was a HORRENDOUS play call. Basically a hail mary in the backcorner of the end zone, short side. And, when the game's on the line, I want this team to play to it's strength's, which is not designated drop and quick throws.

Yet, around the goal line that's what they do. Last drive that's what they do.

Look at the opening drive...two throws. That was a drive, WASTED, because KC couldn't stop the Hawks run game. Couldn't stop it at all. So, he throws two times, punt.

None of that's hindsight. He calls a HORRENDOUS game that's covered up by Cable's run game and Wilson's broken plays.

The Hawks ran at will, got two turnovers, but you think he called a good game.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":60yasb07 said:
pehawk":60yasb07 said:
DavidSeven":60yasb07 said:

No, that 4th and 1 on the goalline wasn't an audible.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Rat":2r334h19 said:
Having no WRs didn't help. I don't care who Percy was pissing off, he should not have been traded away.
Percy would not make a difference. Bevell isn't smart enough to use him correctly, we saw that when he was here. Instead of treating him as a complementary weapon he tried to make Harvin the focal point of the offense and it failed.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rat":xjytxtjc said:
You would be a good brain double for Daniel Snider.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pehawk":33or29ml said:
DavidSeven":33or29ml said:
pehawk":33or29ml said:
DavidSeven":33or29ml said:

No, that 4th and 1 on the goalline wasn't an audible.

Was referring to two different plays.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
edogg23":3fs9if8e said:
This team is killing me. We miss Golden Tate. At no point did I feel like we even remotely presented a downfield threat. Last year we converted on a bunch. Also I think this team left their manhood in SanAsiago.

Can't wish for things we can't have at this point. We need to march on.
We have a strong ground game but we just need to CONVERT WHEN IT MATTERS on short yardage situations! Receivers need to know where they should be as well. Helfet ran inside when he had the corner of the endzone open--result was a horrible looking pass called as intentional grounding. Wilson having to show Moeaki where to line up/block. Receivers taking too long to open then not coming back on scramble plays.
Defense (linebackers) over-pursuing or just out of position on Charles long runs. Had we stopped Charles on any of those early drives or had we converted the last red zone visit we win this game.

firebee

Reaction score
Bevell needs to go. He's an idiot... I'll just keep saying that until he's no longer with the team. We could point fingers at our receivers and o-line, but I honestly believe you could give Bevell a pro-bowl caliber line with 3 pro bowl caliber WRs like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green and Julio Jones; and we'd still get the same results from our passing game. His passing plays suck. The design of the routes, the intent of the routes, the progression... Everything about his passing plays suck. That's not even getting into his playcalling... repetitive screen plays ran against a defense that's notorious for recognizing the screen and blowing them up. Calling a pass to the left out or left corner after the offense already telegraphed that play right before a timeout was called by a defense. Hey though.... Let's run it again because it might catch them off guard right after we showed them our intent was to pass left to an out or corner route the play before. Empty backfield looks with a team that's noted for poor pass protection and a poor passing game. I guess Bevell likes to see opposing defenses pin their ears back and blow up plays. Calling a run up the middle behind your backup Center going against Poe on 4th down. Not running a single run play with 2:45 left in the game to catch the defense off guard and try picking up a nice chunk of yards. God forbid we run 37 Power like we did against New Orleans in the playoffs on one of the plays of our final drive. Bevell's an idiot. I can't take anymore of him.