Losing Unger is a death blow

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
For the game, and probably the season. Losing Mebane put us in critical condition, losing Unger finished it off.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
I truly wonder what the critical mass of injuries is for any given team. Carpenter, Unger, Mebane, Wagner, Miller, et al...just thinking at some point we might not be able to overcome them all.

gubernaculum

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":ty0hbh77 said:
For the game, and probably the season. Losing Mebane put us in critical condition, losing Unger finished it off.
Agree totally. Would be nice to resign lem

brimsalabim

Reaction score
gubernaculum":1fy5o2uy said:
ChrisB Bacon":1fy5o2uy said:
I thought Lem was injured ?

gubernaculum

Reaction score
brimsalabim":qeuxc4hc said:
gubernaculum":qeuxc4hc said:
ChrisB Bacon":qeuxc4hc said:

Eligible to return to us Tuesday.

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
High ankle sprain for Unger according to Pete. Well, that's better than I assumed considering the cart and all. Still likely out for an extended period.

JGreen79

Reaction score
gubernaculum":3obzdtyh said:
brimsalabim":3obzdtyh said:
gubernaculum":3obzdtyh said:
ChrisB Bacon":3obzdtyh said:

He was placed on IR on Sept 3rd. He can't come back until next year.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I think we win the game with him and Mebane out there. The bodies replacing Mebane were awful today and we could get no OL push without Unger on short yardage.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Yep it's over losing after losing Unger, if you recall once he came back last week we rolled with the run. Now no run and/or no gun we s..k.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JGreen79":17pjtfnz said:
gubernaculum":17pjtfnz said:
brimsalabim":17pjtfnz said:
gubernaculum":17pjtfnz said:
Would be nice to resign lem

He was placed on IR on Sept 3rd. He can't come back until next year.

He was given an injury settlement by the team after the 3rd. He's eligible to be resigned by the team this upcoming week.

kearly

Reaction score
Chiefs caught a huge break on that 4th and goal non-call for PI / contact, but regardless, that call probably isn't made in the huddle with a healthy Unger. Additionally, the failed 4th down attempt on the previous drive was a run up the middle.

The Unger injury isn't just going to hurt Seattle the rest of the season, it very well might have cost Seattle a win today as well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
High ankle sprain? Sounds like Unger's out for the rest of the season for sure.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2h37t1qn said:
High ankle sprain? Sounds like Unger's out for the rest of the season for sure.

Plagued Okung for much of last season correct or was that the year before? If it's as severe as Okung's, we won't see him until next year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How could you have confidence in Unger's reliability next year? As important as he is we have to have a better back up plan... Or make Unger the back up plan?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
We really need some solid swing G/C types. This dumpster diving is getting old. Unger and Okung seem to getting injured a lot as they age. Maybe time to look to FA and replacing them

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We've needed Oline for years. The Seahawks just don't draft for need. There's no reason to think they'll change in the next draft. They build a SB team drafting BPA. Britt was BPA.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It's a high ankle sprain with no serious knee damage. Assuming he keeps his weight off it, he could be back before the playoffs (if we make the playoffs). He'll be gimpy for a while, but he can probably play on it.

hawk45

Reaction score
I was pleased the game was as close as it was at 10am on the road at Arrowhead. Wasn't going to be super down after a loss. Didn't know WTF we were going to do to shore up the gaping hole Mebane left, but was hopeful.

When Unger went down felt like all the air got let out of my balloon. Total death blow. Run blocking different, pass pro different.

I expect us to still be able to run somewhat but our already anemic passing attack was mortally wounded.