I'm so tired of bevell....

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
Everyone said we would lose this game, or a least most the people I spoke to. We should of won this game or at least had a good shot at it. If I could take the chances of the seahawks to have marshawn lynch 3 yards away from the endzone with 2 shots to get it, I would take that for every game of the season. Marshawn should of been given the ball on that 4th down on the 2. If he was we would all be celebrating. Is it just me? I am so sick and tired of coaching losing games ie. the rams game, the huskie Arizona game where if the dipshit coach wouldn't of called a time out huskies beat a 14 ranked team. Back on topic thought, any thoughts? It can't be just me that wants bevell to GET OUT of Seattle. He lost this game, we had an amazing performance on Lynch's back, and when it comes down to you on the goal line to win the game you go with the cutsie bullshit that got us in this 6 and 4 mess. I hate him as our OC..

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
At this moment in time I cannot disagree with this. Bevell was afraid of their red zone defense and it showed, in a total lack of faith and conviction. This was a winnable game that was coached into mediocrity.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
The 4th down playcalling in particular is head scratching because none of them were doing anything with high-percentage routes, getting a playmaker in space, or getting russ moving in space. And that last play to P-Rich...a 19 yard out route? That's a play you need a big body for, not the guy who weighs 190. That should have been Kearse, or Willson at least.

It amazes me that teams always seem to find a TE sneaking behind our LBers and sitting in space but our guys are never that open. And that I lay at Bevell's feet. We have the athletes, we just need to use them better.

And our O-Line is hot garbage. Okung played OK today, no false starts so there's that. Bailey did ok, and Unger was fine until he got hurt. Britt was waaaaay below average today, and whatever the hell Sweezy was doing out there...i don't know.

One of those 4th downs we ran it to Lynch and he got pushed into the backfield it looked like the entire line forgot they were supposed to be run blocking and instead sat back into pass pro. How are we supposed to get a yard if we get blown off the ball like that?????

rjdriver

Reaction score
I get the post, I'm frustrated too.

However, we gave the Beast the ball on fourth and one and they stopped us. We have no clue whether Beast would have scored on the 4th and Goal. I think it would have been a much, much better playcall, but there is a reason KC hasn't allowed a rushing TD all year

This loss would be a little less painful if we would have went to the Beast and he didn't get in.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
The things I hate most are the cutesy stuff like a fade on 4th down at KC's 2 feaking yard line to the shortest receiver we have!!????? Really??? That's the best play we could come up with after a time out?????

Running a bubble screen also to Baldwin at KC's 10 yard line when there is clearly not enough room to do anything due to the short field????? Really?????
We seriously need to stop with these stupid bubble screens. They simply don't work for us for whatever reason and it's so frustrating to see us keep trying and failing with it. Just stop!

I'm not saying to simply run Lynch up the middle all the time in goal line situations (although that's what I'd do, but I digress) but damn, a fade pass on 4th down at KC's 2 to our shortest receiver is just stupid in my humble opinion.

And yes, I know that pass interefence should or could have been called on that fade but it's still a stupid play call. Again, in my humble opinion.

Reaction score
rjdriver":2rr4vf6k said:

However, we gave the Beast the ball on fourth and one and they stopped us. We have no clue whether Beast would have scored on the 4th and Goal. I think it would have been a much, much better playcall, but there is a reason KC hasn't allowed a rushing TD all year

This loss would be a little less painful if we would have went to the Beast and he didn't get in.

I don't think anyone is saying for certain that Lynch would have scored on that 4th and goal from the 2....but I like the percentages of that happening vs running a timing route fade to the corner of the end zone in that situation. I think the Lynch run has more opportunity for success.

Also, where was the read option in our final drives? When we have needed to get going in a couple of previous games that Russell seemingly "took over" that has been our biggest opportunity for success....but I didn't see it in similar situations this week.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
He goes through a progression every single play.

Unfortunately it goes like this "He's not open...he's not open...he's no-oh shit I have to run!" and he can't really get anything going.

marko358

Reaction score
rjdriver":2080t46i said:

Would have helped if we used our 900 lb FB to create a gap to run through.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Must suck for Bevell when everyone hates him passing on 4th down AND running on 4th down.

Damn it Darrell, why don't you run when want you to run, but if it's not successful why didn't you pass!..............but only if we should have passed when we didn't run!.......but wait, if that doesn't work you need to run when you should have passed!

marko358

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pngh6gu said:
Must suck for Bevell when everyone hates him passing on 4th down AND running on 4th down.

Damn it Darrell, why don't you run when want you to run, but if it's not successful why didn't you pass!..............but only if we should have passed when we didn't run!.......but wait, if that doesn't work you need to run when you should have passed!

You're right. Some amazing play calls in key situations, utilizing our strengths.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yo5ewyn said:

I see nothing wrong with running Lynch on 4th and 1. As I see it, Lynch churns out that First Down 4/5 times that play is run.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ge0ko352 said:

God knows HOW we try to do those things plays no role in it. :roll:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2pprky83 said:
Sgt. Largent":2pprky83 said:

I see nothing wrong with running Lynch on 4th and 1. As I see it, Lynch churns out that First Down 4/5 times that play is run.
The problem with that run was the play call. We were running the ball out of shotgun up the gut against a defense that was stacking the box up the gut. We should have done it out of the I formation instead of out of the shotgun, IMO.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Ravens fired Cam Cameron and went on to win the Super Bowl.

The Seahawks didn't fire Bevell and went on to win the Super Bowl.

I think either way, this team is winning a Super Bowl.

Super Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":17qcng9v said:
hawknation2014":17qcng9v said:
Sgt. Largent":17qcng9v said:

The problem with that run was the play call. We were running the ball out of shotgun up the gut against a defense that was stacking the box up the gut. We should have done it out of the I formation instead of out of the shotgun, IMO.

It's worked both ways for us. The problem on the 4th and 1 when Lynch got stuffed was Sweezy got blown back three yards into the backfield.

See that's the thing with play calling people, it doesn't matter if you're freaking Bill Walsh, you still need your players to make plays.

Hate Bevell all you want, but our players did not make the 2-3 key plays to win the game yesterday. Got out worked and out hustled.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It's almost always easier to be cynical. I imagine we've all been there before and will be there time and time again. Sure, we have frustrations about the offense and the expression of that frustration is therapeutic but if we want our words to go beyond just something that looks like self-serving noise, I'd suggest we start offering up ideas for his replacement. Surely there's a QB coach or two out there that could do the trick for this team.

White Devil

Reaction score
The problem is the way they ran the ball in those situations. If we line up Lynch behind a FB and power run, I think he makes the plays on both of those 4th down disasters. To say they ran the ball and were stopped is true, but the formation the play was run out of was idiotic. Look at how well the power look play action TD pass to Moeaki worked...THAT was what defined this team last year.

It's the new look of the offense that has been going on all season. The basic power run/ play action pass offense has been replaced with a finesse style spread with multiple bubble screens, and that is what has people scratching their heads. It's a hit or miss style of offense, and not what the team did successfully last year. Last year, was last year, and it's understood this isn't the same team...but I think that's what making most of us scratch our heads.

Bevell gets inside the 20 yard line and starts to systematically outthink himself. As the scoring percentage on those occasions has dropped, it almost seems as if he panics and pulls plays out of the back of the playbook. I'd rather see Lynch get the ball 4 times inside the 10 yard line and be able to say they went with who they are, but the Chiefs were better. You can't do that with the stupid crap Bevell called in this game. He was horrible. He let the Chiefs defense dictate what they did on offense...instead of forcing their will on the Chiefs.

That is the difference between the 2013 Hawks and the 2014 Hawks.

Last year, we were the one's who knock.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
White Devil":aovhf7jd said:
The problem is the way they ran the ball in those situations. If we line up Lynch behind a FB and power run, I think he makes the plays on both of those 4th down disasters. To say they ran the ball and were stopped is true, but the formation the play was run out of was idiotic. Look at how well the power look play action TD pass to Moeaki worked...THAT was what defined this team last year.

It's the new look of the offense that has been going on all season. The basic power run/ play action pass offense has been replaced with a finesse style spread with multiple bubble screens, and that is what has people scratching their heads. It's a hit or miss style of offense, and not what the team did successfully last year. Last year, was last year, and it's understood this isn't the same team...but I think that's what making most of us scratch our heads.

Bevell gets inside the 20 yard line and starts to systematically outthink himself. As the scoring percentage on those occasions has dropped, it almost seems as if he panics and pulls plays out of the back of the playbook. I'd rather see Lynch get the ball 4 times inside the 10 yard line and be able to say they went with who they are, but the Chiefs were better. You can't do that with the stupid crap Bevell called in this game. He was horrible. He let the Chiefs defense dictate what they did on offense...instead of forcing their will on the Chiefs.

I thought that Russell improvising and getting a TD, then a trick pass to the TE, were the worst thing that could happen to Bevell. Like the shite basketball chukker who hits his first 2 three pointers, it would be all clever shit inside the 10 after taht.

pehawk

Reaction score
White Devil":lnzj7xq1 said:

A lot of corny posters":lnzj7xq1 said:
Pfft, typical. That's all reactionary hindsight. The players didn't execute.

Seriously though, good post.