I dont understand Bevell...

pehawk

Reaction score
On Wilson's TD to Baldwin, Bevell called 3 WR's to the corner...short side...basically causing a hail mary pile...? Huh, what?

4th and goal at the 1...they run a timing pattern with Russell Wilson at QB? So, he chose the absolute worst thing they do offensively over the best thing...Wilson in space?

4th and 1 in the 4th...you have a 4th string center and you run behind him vs Poe? Really?

Last drive. Again, they go rhythm, prototypical passing game the absolute WEAKNESS of this team. They never, ever attempt a boot to give Russ a shot to get easy yards. No attempt, none.

The run game was there all game, but look up titles, Cable's the run game coordinator. That's to his credit. Bevell calls the worst games, situationally, I've seen in a long, long time. Nothing fits this teams strengths or heaven forbid what the defense is giving them.

I'm sick to my stomach.

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
I totally agree, I'm still stuck up on Bevell not giving lynch the ball on 4th down or even just giving him all 4 tries at it instead of 2. I really think there should be a campaign for Bevell's head. The one good thing if we don't make the playoffs is that some team MAY be stupid enough to hire this idiot.

SaskHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1ui70ypi said:
On Wilson's TD to Baldwin, Bevell called 3 WR's to the corner...short side...basically causing a hail mary pile...? Huh, what?

4th and goal at the 1...they run a timing pattern with Russell Wilson at QB? So, he chose the absolute worst thing they do offensively over the best thing...Wilson in space?

4th and 1 in the 4th...you have a 4th string center and you run behind him vs Poe? Really?

Last drive. Again, they go rhythm, prototypical passing game the absolute WEAKNESS of this team. They never, ever attempt a boot to give Russ a shot to get easy yards. No attempt, none.

The run game was there all game, but look up titles, Cable's the run game coordinator. That's to his credit. Bevell calls the worst games, situationally, I've seen in a long, long time. Nothing fits this teams strengths or heaven forbid what the defense is giving them.

I'm sick to my stomach.

Fully agree, those 4th down calls were bad! Wilson was making things happen outside which of course would open up the run, so why not keep with it? We played to KC's strength today imo.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
SaskHawk":3ciwv7r0 said:
pehawk":3ciwv7r0 said:

I'm sick to my stomach.

Fully agree, those 4th down calls were bad! Wilson was making things happen outside which of course would open up the run, so why not keep with it? We played to KC's strength today imo.

Absolutely lousy abysmal play calling in those situations. I was screaming the same things at the TV. SMH...

hoxrox

Reaction score
No play action after building up capital with lynch.. :?

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
It feels like we don't play smart football anymore. Why take out any chance of RW magic with a timing toss to the corner

rastahawk

Reaction score
Bevell is a recurring theme on losses. Getting so damned tired of it. Not saying it for the sake of looking for a scapegoat. Just calling it because its screaming at me on the TV. Apparently we can't design goal line offensive plays. Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson are the only reason why this guy is still employed here. Run this crap anywhere else and we have at most two wins.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Wasn't before but I'm now in favor of bringing in a new OC after this season.

summesm

Reaction score
I agree we all complain about our major weaknesses like injury's offensive line play, bad officiating ect well bevell and his play calling formations is a major weakness that also needs taken care of this off season

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
rastahawk":20bu9ax7 said:
Bevell is a recurring theme on losses. Getting so damned tired of it. Not saying it for the sake of looking for a scapegoat. Just calling it because its screaming at me on the TV. Apparently we can't design goal line offensive plays. Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson are the only reason why this guy is still employed here. Run this crap anywhere else and we have at most two wins.

That's exactly it. The Bevell Fluffers will come in pointing at yards (without an understanding of who designs the rushing attack). But, my most legit and biggest complaint is what Bevell calls based on circumstances.

In the SD and Dallas games, he never ONCE attempted to give a wiped out defense a breather, even though they've been on the filed for ever. It's like that never happened.

And then today, what I said above, in the times Seattle needs something the most, I'll be damned if we don't do the opposite of their strength. And, straight drops with a C signed off the street? Really?

Largent80

Reaction score
We are short SO many players, that there comes a time that blaming coaches is rather ridiculous.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3f9266r5 said:
We are short SO many players, that there comes a time that blaming coaches is rather ridiculous.

Not really.

vonstout

Reaction score
Chicago talk radio is fed up with Trestman and talk about Bevell as a possible option next year. I'm already praying for it! It would kill 2 birds... I hate the Bears . As bad as the fade call was, I don't know how there wasn't a flag for illegal contact or PI. Baldwin faked inside and turned to the corner and got bumped off his route. How was that not a penalty?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
We ran on 4th and failed, we passed on 4th and failed. KC played great D when they needed to. Would the outcomes have been different if it was the other way around? Who knows. Impossible to tell.

And that 4th string center actually got ok push on that run. He definitely wasn't the reason we didn't convert, at least from what I saw.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea the one benefit of not making the playoffs is having him shopped around, I just can't understand the play calling anymore.

A FADE ON 4TH AND 1?

Thats not good enough.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
vonstout":1dzunfa1 said:
Chicago talk radio is fed up with Trestman and talk about Bevell as a possible option next year. I'm already praying for it! It would kill 2 birds... I hate the Bears . As bad as the fade call was, I don't know how there wasn't a flag for illegal contact or PI. Baldwin faked inside and turned to the corner and got bumped off his route. How was that not a penalty?
Probably because adb was crying before he even got hit practically

Largent80

Reaction score
So blame the coaches. It was a hard fought game that we lost, why is that on anyone? We came up short only 4 points?

Because YOU would have run this play here or there?

Sorry, but I'll trust the coaches. Ultimately the players need to make the plays.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I give all the credit in the world to KC. They're great. But, in key situations today the calls went away from strength's. As I said, even that TD to Baldwin, was an abysmal call. It got bailed out.

I'd feel a lot better if the Hawks had gone down with Wilson outside the pockelt on that last drive. WTH was a delayed handoff in the endzone, LOL?