The "Let's not penalize Seattle's opponents" trend continues

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
KC only called for 3 penalties for 6 yds. Two of those were back to back false starts that can't be ignored. The other was the penalty that kept a Hawk drive going in the 1st Qtr.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Well, according to "nflpenalties.com" (which sounds phony, but looks accurate, at least at a glance", KC is one of the least penalized teams in the league at 4.67 per game. So, a bit under their average, but still a pretty clean team overall. The same site has the Hawks as being the beneficiary of the fewest calls, as well as being sixth overall in terms of penalties committed.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You can't be the beneficiary of the fewest calls and still the 6th most penalized team. What you're calling "beneficiary" of the fewest calls is actually the stat that shows Seahawk OPPONENTS are the beneficiaries of the fewest calls.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I noticed a couple of block in the backs that KC committed that were not called. Lockette was hit in the back out of bounds after the play was over (that was the same incident that they ejected Lockette for). A ref was right there to see it. A penalty could have and should have been called on both players. Penalties didn't cost the Seahawks the game...inablilty to score tds in the redzone (recurring theme each game) and bad run defense were the culprits.

Hawks46

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1byummha said:
Well, according to "nflpenalties.com" (which sounds phony, but looks accurate, at least at a glance", KC is one of the least penalized teams in the league at 4.67 per game. So, a bit under their average, but still a pretty clean team overall. The same site has the Hawks as being the beneficiary of the fewest calls, as well as being sixth overall in terms of penalties committed.

Makes sense. Andy Reid teams are usually disciplined like the Holmgren teams were. Usually towards the top of the league in terms of fewest penalties.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I didn't see any blatant calls missed or borderline calls enforced that changed the game. That was not PI on baldwin. As I said in another thread along the same lines, I would much rather see a game decided by players than decided by the refs. We missed some opportunities, called inadequate plays in the redzone, and dropped some key receptions. They beat us fair and square.

firebee

Reaction score
I'm not gonna complain about officiating... I like that Leavy's crew didn't throw many flags and let the guys play the game. Our guys got away with some holding calls and borderline PI calls too. I'd rather see non-calls than see ticky-tack flag football type calls determining the outcome of a game. IMHO... Leavy's crew did a great job today. They just let the guys play the game for the most part, unless their was a blatantly bad penalty that needed a flag.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":a4ic56ti said:
You can't be the beneficiary of the fewest calls and still the 6th most penalized team. What you're calling "beneficiary" of the fewest calls is actually the stat that shows Seahawk OPPONENTS are the beneficiaries of the fewest calls.
I'm not totally sure what you are saying here, but what I said -- or tried to say -- was accurate. (Presuming the numbers on the mentioned website are accurate.)

The Seahawks have been flagged for 73 penalties, sixth most in the league. Their opponents have been flagged for 42 penalties. No team has had fewer penalties called on its opponents. Whether this number is meaningful is up for debate, but Seattle's foes are drawing flags at a lower rate than any other team's foes.