Why did Lockette throw a punch?

The Battle #83

Reaction score
Didnt get to see the game =(, why did he throw the punch? Was he sticking up for someone, getting cheapshotted, shoving match?

Thanks in advance

JustTheTip

Reaction score
The Battle #83":62j2zf0d said:
Didnt get to see the game =(, why did he throw the punch? Was he sticking up for someone, getting cheapshotted, shoving match?

Thanks in advance

He got shoved into the ground out of bounds after the play was over. He definitely deserved the ejection but the penalty should have been offsetting.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
He was fighting at the gunner spot for position and it was tough, then after all that, he wrapped up the tackle with another player. Then as he was getting up from the tackle, one of the dudes he was playing against on gunner went up to him and gave him a slight push in which he reacted with a punch. It's the second guy who always gets caught.

Rob12

Reaction score
He got frustrated and acted out. He was given bait, and he took it.

CHawK247

Reaction score
Am I the only one wondering where he's been on the offensive side of things? Seems like the first few weeks he would be one of our leading WRs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Battle #83":b6rp6a21 said:
Thanks for the responses!

Wow, that sucks.

On the replay, it was a taunting type of situation, but Lockette got baited and did the stupid thing. Just not smart at all.
It was one of their gunner-hit-squad guys who came and pushed Lockette in the back, a calculated cheap shot. Suckered Lockette into stupidity.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Steve and Warren indicated he got hit low (probably should have been penalized) and then another guy gave him a late shove. Probably was ticked after the first and lost it after the second. Still, he needed to keep his cool there. Throwing a punch is never acceptable.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I only saw the last replay, but it looked like he hit the guys helmet?

I thought that was pretty dumb, could have broke his hand.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Rob12":3erehpg9 said:
He got frustrated and acted out. He was given bait, and he took it.
This sums it up the best. Man he reacted furiously. This post brought up frustration. Wonder if there is more going on with him.

Smellyman

Reaction score
olyfan63":hqz5px6h said:
The Battle #83":hqz5px6h said:
Thanks for the responses!

Wow, that sucks.

On the replay, it was a taunting type of situation, but Lockette got baited and did the stupid thing. Just not smart at all.
It was one of their gunner-hit-squad guys who came and pushed Lockette in the back, a calculated cheap shot. Suckered Lockette into stupidity.

definitely some taunting going on he had quite a few words for Lock as we was pushing him to the ground.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I saw a vid somewhere showing KJ doing the same thing at Lockette.
I couldnt believe he didn't get ejected as well.
Probably was just a case of the refs not seeing it after the play ended.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It was pretty blatant to me.

Lockette got doubled-teamed as one of the gunners on a punt.

He got owned several times during the play and when he could retaliate, he did. The whistle had already blown and he semi-punched/slapped the helmet of one of the guys that owned him on the play.

He really doesn't have it... to be a solid NFL player that consistently helps his teammates.

He's a knucklehead and it wouldn't surprise me to see him cut.

The Whiners can have him back... if they want.

gulliver

Reaction score
Never understood why you would throw a punch in game--these guys are head to toe in protective pads and helmets.

You're really gonna get yourself booted in exchange for doing exactly NO damage to this guy you suddenly hate?

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":3quf7cz5 said:
Steve and Warren indicated he got hit low (probably should have been penalized) and then another guy gave him a late shove. Probably was ticked after the first and lost it after the second. Still, he needed to keep his cool there. Throwing a punch is never acceptable.

This is what I heard them comment on also during the broadcast. I missed the play but Warren indicated that he got cut at the knees to begin with, and that you just can't do that in this league anymore and it should have been flagged. Then the late shoving after the play and he came up swinging.