Why do we not max protect more?

kmedic

Reaction score
Our best pass play today was off of Max protect to Willson who was wide open off the scramble. Granted it initially limits us to only 2 receivers but the key IMO is that max protect gives RW plenty of time to scramble and improvise. It's hard to see him getting hurried or sacked everytime he drops back to pass.

getnasty

Reaction score
Because if we max protect your basically asking Kearse and Baldwin to win a 2 on 1 matchup. The problem with that is Baldwin and Kearse cant win a 1 on 1 match up. Today more then ever we needed a big play WR and we just dont have that.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
I just hope Bevell gets fired after this year. Sometimes you you need a down year to get rid of trash.

Then get O-line help and Wr's and Defense

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kmedic":1h5efgkw said:
Our best pass play today was off of Max protect to Willson who was wide open off the scramble. Granted it initially limits us to only 2 receivers but the key IMO is that max protect gives RW plenty of time to scramble and improvise. It's hard to see him getting hurried or sacked everytime he drops back to pass.

We should see more of this . . . the empty sets have been garbage.

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
getnasty":watl8ill said:
Because if we max protect your basically asking Kearse and Baldwin to win a 2 on 1 matchup. The problem with that is Baldwin and Kearse cant win a 1 on 1 match up. Today more then ever we needed a big play WR and we just dont have that.

I understand that our initial routes might be covered but it's the scrambles and 'free plays' where I think max protect can help Russell buy more time. Justin Britt and JR Sweezy are getting creamed on third and longs. Let's throw in a couple of TEs and an extra lineman to help the right side of the line out. Our best pass play today was off max protection, RW had all day to throw against a top tier pass rushing defense.