I think we win next week

seabowl

Reaction score
Knowing this team I think we come out strong and take it to the Turds next week and win it going away. If we can do this and ride a streak of 4 wins in the last 5 we have played I can see us making another run. I still don't buy the Turds being that good of a team. One game at a time is the saying but next week rebuilds this teams confidence.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yup, we very likely win this one. Arizona is the lesser team, playing in our house, so we would have to underwhelm pretty badly to drop this game.

oasis

Reaction score
I would have predicted a win with Unger in there. Lewis is not going to call the right audibles, line adjustments, etc. Now I doubt we can move the ball against anything above an average D.

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
Me three. AZ only put up 14 points today at home and I refuse to believe they finish the season without 3-4 losses, especially with Stanton at the helm.

The question is how many in a row the Hawks can reel off now.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
oasis":3745j5p2 said:
I would have predicted a win with Unger in there. Lewis is not going to call the right audibles, line adjustments, etc. Now I doubt we can move the ball against anything above an average D.

Difference today with and without Unger was remarkable- more noticeable when you compare consecutive plays/series rather than games. Wow.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I would think our defense would be able to exploit Stanton, but after watching the defense this week I'm not all that sure

firebee

Reaction score
I can only hope that the crappy plays and crappy schemes we saw against Kansas City today were implemented to deceive Arizona and San Francisco, so they can't come up with a good gameplan to use against us. That would explain the big rotten egg laid by our playcalling in Kansas City.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We will win but the the two games after Arizona tells the story. If we beat SF on Turkey Day and Philadelphia then we have a really good shot at the division and should secure a Wildcard. At worst we need to win next week and against Philadelphia for a shot at the playoffs.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3tu29m0e said:
We will win but the the two games after Arizona tells the story. If we beat SF on Turkey Day and Philadelphia then we have a really good shot at the division and should secure a Wildcard. At worst we need to win next week and against Philadelphia for a shot at the playoffs.

Yep I agree with this. Need at least 2 of the next 3, and if we lose next week we aren't at all likely to go rattling off two straight tough road wins afterward, so we need to hold serve on this next one.

endzorn

Reaction score
If we win the rest of our games I think we could finish 12-4.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":10hxnm5f said:
oasis":10hxnm5f said:

Difference today with and without Unger was remarkable- more noticeable when you compare consecutive plays/series rather than games. Wow.

It's why he's a pro bowler, the evidence of his play is obvious to even a common fan.

Unger's loss could ultimately be the death of this team.

Bigger loss than Mebane too in my estimates, unless Lemure JeanPierre comes back.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":bk0kbm30 said:
Yup, we very likely win this one. Arizona is the lesser team, playing in our house, so we would have to underwhelm pretty badly to drop this game.

care to explain why you think arizona is the lesser team?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
sedrohawk":30r8qnuu said:
care to explain why you think arizona is the lesser team?

Sure.

Inpredictable (betting market analytics): Seahawks rated as 3.1 points better on a neutral field coming into today. That was coming into today and thus doesn't count today's results if they would cause significant market shifts, but it's consistent with the betting spread coming out as Seahawks -6.5 at home this coming week. A line that opened at -6 has actually been bet in the Seahawks' direction by half a point, so the gamblers obviously prefer us by a fair bit.

Football Outsiders DVOA: Seahawks ranked 4th in the league, Cardinals ranked 15th. Again that's subject to change after today's performances, but very unlikely they would close an 11-spot gap.

Advanced NFL Analytics Efficiency Ratings: Seahawks ranked 4th in the league, Cardinals ranked 19th. (Ditto for the DVOA disclaimer except an even wider gap here.)

The Cardinals are a good team with an inflated record. I'm not attempting to say that they're not good; they're just not great, and every reasonable analytic ranking system says that we're somewhat significantly better than they are, particularly the betting market, where 3 points on a neutral field is a pretty wide gap between two squads.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":252o0dv7 said:

"Lesser" team or not, they're playing better, even with a backup QB. They have a ton of momentum, and confidence...not only in a very long win streak, but also in winning the last time they came up here.

The one consolation I have is that they are significantly worse against the run this year than they were last year, and the run game is pretty much all we got.

I think we win this game because we HAVE to win this game. We lose this game, and it's pretty much over for us.

GB has what, 8 wins ? Philly has 7 wins. Dallas has 7 wins, and owns the tie breaker against us. Detroit has 7 wins. The Niners are tied with us, and have an easier schedule. It's to the point right now where we can't afford to lose, no matter to whom. And we really need to start hanging losses on the Cards, or we won't catch them, period.

So, if the Cards lose....meh. They still have a 2 game lead on us. If we lose, say goodnight, Gracie. The pressure is all on us. We need to perform.