With Brandon Mebane we win this game

ivotuk

Reaction score
It was obvious yesterday how much we missed him.

And is Kam Chancellor still hurt and hurting this team by playing?

I wonder if KC knew our play calls or tendencies? They appeared to go all out up the middle to stop Marshawn on 4th and 1 and 3rd and 1. It looked like there was room on the outside for Russell to run or for a pass.

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":up2piagw said:
I said this exact thing to HoustonHawk on our way out of the stadium. No doubt in my mind.

Will you quit name dropping? You're worse than Montana.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2qfg51bb said:

I wonder if KC knew our play calls or tendencies? They appeared to go all out up the middle to stop Marshawn on 4th and 1 and 3rd and 1. It looked like there was room on the outside for Russell to run or for a pass.

Yes Kam is killing this team. IR him and have him ready for next year. Jeron Johnson has played VERY well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":3eo6c694 said:

Hard to say that. This same rush defense got gashed at times last year with Red Bryant, Wagner and Mebane all in the lineup.

I think a bigger problem yesterday was tackling. Lots of missed tackles, especially on the big run that led to the go-ahead TD in the 2H.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Tackling was a issue at times, no doubt, but I still saw a lot of fight in the D, even on those two drives where KC scored immediately after we did, practically at will. I just don't think we have enough horses in the middle. Kam is just not right (and Jeron barely holds a candle to him when he is), we've nobody to capably and consistently fill the space left by Mebane, and we miss Wagner.

So if we're to make it to the playoffs, we need what guys who can get healthy to do it soon and STAY healthy. We need to refocus on tackling, which I think we will. We also just have to make some choices about who should go on IR and who we can get to help out for the rest of the season. NO team can sustain this many injuries and play at a high level. We need some healthy bodies.