Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Unger - High ankle sprain and knee was twisted as well. Said it looks like a 3-4 week deal

Wouldn't comment anymore than to say the league commented on the FBI visit

Said they weren't as precise on the fits and that's why some of the big runs took off. Said the rotations weren't as sharp as they'd like. Said it wasn't just the line.

Wouldn't comment on what they were doing to replace Unger.

Wagner should practice on Wednesday. Has a chance to play this week.

On the non-call PI to Baldwin in the end zone. Said it wasn't a major hit, but it was enough to keep him from getting to the ball but he doesn't know what the league will say about it. Called it unfortunate.

Evaluating the passing game. Said it was close to a satisfactory game. Had a couple of shots down close to the endzone. Called it a resourceful game. Said Russell made the most of his opportunities and were almost 50% on third downs which is their goal.

Carpenter may be able to practice Wednesday.

Said Burley has a chance this week too.

Called Lynch Banged up. Said they will take care of him as they do.

On Staying out at half time. Said he had an episode where it tightened up so he stayed out there. Said Lynch knows how to deal with it. Said he had a fantastic football game.

Asked if Unger could be season ending, he said he doesn't know. They have to see how he responds.

Called Malcolm rusty. Said he wasn't as sharp as he could be. Expects him to play better next week.

On possibly re-signing LJP....only said he knows he's out there...added everybody is an option (I believe league rules don't allow us to sign him until after week 12)

Any second guessing....said he would have liked to have converted on them, but said he liked the decision to go for it at the goal line because it gives them two great shots.

On Moeaki. Said he ran a great route on the td and Russell put it right where he had to. Said they are excited about him.

On Baldwin returning kicks. Said we'll see. They will compete for it this week.

That's it for today. Next press conference is Wednesday

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Wagner will practice Wednesday and has a chance to play this week if it goes well. :th2thumbs:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1cnbgw5a said:
Wagner will practice Wednesday and has a chance to play this week if it goes well. :th2thumbs:

Yeah it will be awesome to get him back. Surprised not much comment about the Mebane replacements.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
How come he didn't say anything about Bevell needing to be better at calling plays? For such a major issue he doesn't seem to be doing much about it.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3m61wu02 said:
How come he didn't say anything about Bevell needing to be better at calling plays? For such a major issue he doesn't seem to be doing much about it.

He doesn't seem to have a problem with it. He was asked if he had any regrets on the 4th down plays and seemed to be quite happy. Earlier today he explained that they had one play called before the timeout then changed to the pass to Baldwin during the timeout. He was using words like we and us, so he seems to have not only known about the call, but was for it at the time.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":219cg3f5 said:

Can't throw his OC under the bus, not Carroll's style.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well play calling is obviously one of our most glaring controllable weaknesses and I for one will not stand by silently if he refuses to do something about it. He needs to be held accountable.

pehawk

Reaction score
I loved going for it on 4th. This team needs those calls.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1rrr52gd said:
Well play calling is obviously one of our most glaring controllable weaknesses and I for one will not stand by silently if he refuses to do something about it. He needs to be held accountable.

If something changes with the play calling, it will happen quietly behind the scenes. Though Carroll has been pretty outspoken about the need to run the ball more, he never explicitly blamed that on Bevell.

pehawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2bavbahm said:

So, we shouldn't bring it up? I brought it up with clear examples what and why things didn't make sense. That's certainly more thought than anyone who disagrees has provided.

Largent80

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1pcbzpxv said:

You sir are a Golden God.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I get that everybody's pissed off and wants everything solved next week but they're dealing with a lot of personnel issues this season. The drop off in special teams alone is a clear indication of just how thin we are.

Play calling is a real issue but it's just one of many. How many guys have been brought in and played in a game within a week or two of joining the team this year? It's a freaking mess.

My advice is to adjust your expectations and hope we get really hot to finish the season out (but I wouldn't expect it by any stretch). Bevell isn't going anywhere mid-season. He's still going to call bone-headed plays and we're still going to be pissed off about it. Just hope that our guys can execute on even the bad plays and find a way to win each week.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pehawk":e9dwovg8 said:
Zebulon Dak":e9dwovg8 said:

So, we shouldn't bring it up? I brought it up with clear examples what and why things didn't make sense. That's certainly more thought than anyone who disagrees has provided.

No I'm saying I'm on board. You guys have given me sufficient evidence that Bevell is not good enough and if Pete won't do something about it then I want him held accountable.

pehawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2m3k0gb4 said:
pehawk":2m3k0gb4 said:
Zebulon Dak":2m3k0gb4 said:

No I'm saying I'm on board. You guys have given me sufficient evidence that Bevell is not good enough and if Pete won't do something about it then I want him held accountable.

Don't reverse psychology me, I'm grown.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pehawk":1pdzyqd2 said:
Zebulon Dak":1pdzyqd2 said:
pehawk":1pdzyqd2 said:
Zebulon Dak":1pdzyqd2 said:

Don't reverse psychology me, I'm grown.

I'm seriously not joking. You guys are right.

pehawk

Reaction score
Team iRo is invite only. The committee may frown upon your occupation and hatred of babies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Saying malcom was rusty and had a couple bad run fits is about as close as Pete gets to throwing a guy under the bus. Malcom had 3 good plays, but him, Schofield, and Irvin were run targets of the Chiefs.