Marshawn Lynch

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I would like to preface this post by stating that I believe beastmode should be back in a Seahawks uniform next year. He is currently under contract for 2015. This is a special RB that seems to be getting better. Aside from his back issues and inability (?) to go into the locker room at halftime Sunday, he looks like he might have a few more years left in him. I wouldn't complain one bit if he were given a two year extension and wasn't able to complete it.

The question I have for this board is, if the powers that be truly want to be rid of him next year, do they attempt to trade him in the off season or just cut him? The way he has been playing I would like to think that he has some trade value. And certainly more than what Percy Harvin brought. If they really are going to cut ties with him, what would it take for some team to trade for him? What is a 29 year old RB with his skill set worth?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Trade him for a conditional 8th round pick for sure.

seedhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks would probably be offered the equivalent of a crushed bag of Lays potato chips and a half consumed 16 oz bottle of flat Mt. Dew.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seedhawk":180sh4xx said:
The Hawks would probably be offered the equivalent of a crushed bag of Lays potato chips and a half consumed 16 oz bottle of flat Mt. Dew.

BBQ?? and can the Dew be re-bubbled with one of them soda dispensers?? Kinda want to know what we can get here. LOL :sarcasm_off: :twisted:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I was hoping we'd bring him back...but then I read this:

" time to move on from him. We are hearing a lot about his attitude... Where there is smoke there is fire".

Now I just want him gone as soon as possible.

Rob12

Reaction score
HawkWow":272yy9xk said:

" time to move on from him. We are hearing a lot about his attitude... Where there is smoke there is fire".

Where did you read this?

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
how quickly people turn on players like Harvin and Lynch for issues that shouldn't matter to them. I remember how Randy Moss was. How T.O. was. There are several players that I wouldn't want to be around outside football. But as long as they help the hawks win its stupid for me to care about their personal conduct. Unless they're doing crimes and things of that level. But smarting off and doing whatever, go ahead and long as you help the hawks win. Getting rid of key play makers for attitude will knock this team to mediocrity real quick if the front office isnt careful.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Assuming we can complete more than five passes per game next year. With a real NFL offense we wouldn't need an All-Pro running back. I believe it is time to get younger at the position.

I'm going to enjoy watching ML run for the remainder of the season. I think it will be his last.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Rob12":brhqax5m said:
HawkWow":brhqax5m said:

Where did you read this?

Yes, do tell. He's always had an "attitude", but it's never been a negative one. He does his own thing. He doesn't show up to early training camp. So? He still shows in better shape than 99% of the team. And I also saw that someone mentioned he didn't go in the locker room at halftime this last game. I also read the part where he was very sore and needed to stretch and Pete agreed it was best he stayed out there. This wasn't a Blount thing where he walked off the field and abandoned his team. The guy easily takes the most punishment of the team. If he says he needs to stay and stretch, you don't argue with it.

Look at it this way, would you rather have a guy who gets in trouble for not talking to the press or a guy that does drugs, beats women and children, and steals stuff. Lynch WAS headed down that road a few years ago and seems to have made dramatic strides towards not being that guy. So let him have his idiosyncracies and small moments of rebellion. We all hate the press anyway.

As for the original topic, I don't want to let him go and I don't think any team would give us what he's worth. If Trent Richardson is worth a first rounder, Lynch is too. I think he's got at least 2 more good seasons in his tank. We keep him. I want to see Lynch retire in a Seahawks uniform. I fully believe he's the best RB this team has ever had. I know Shaun's stats are far better, but what Lynch has done, with the line he's had, against the caliber of teams that he's faced, well, there's a reason every gameday I rock the #24.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He'll either be given the extension he wants to stay, or Pete and John will allow him to talk to other teams to get the extension.........and we'll get a crappy conditional pick based on his 2015 performance.

I hope he stays, but my gut feeling from seeing how this is all going down this year says Pete and John are ready to move on.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":1zoku8di said:

And where is this coming from? Understand I do think there's a good possibility that this is his last year here and if not 2015 definitely is. But to just want to cut bait on him without having the pieces to completely redefine/change the offense is more than a bit wierd.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":112ptpk6 said:
HawkWow":112ptpk6 said:

And where is this coming from? Understand I do think there's a good possibility that this is his last year here and if not 2015 definitely is. But to just want to cut bait on him without having the pieces to completely redefine/change the offense is more than a bit wierd.

It was a thread started by a forever insightful poster yesterday, it got derailed/sabotaged by Pehawk. Him and Peaches do this whenever they see a thread they don't like. Pathetic, childish and completely hilarious.

dunceface

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":21yzg6yc said:
Rob12":21yzg6yc said:
HawkWow":21yzg6yc said:

Where did you read this?

ImTheScientist wrote it on here yesterday. My sources have confirmed this.

I heard from my sources that your "sources" is really just your scarf...

ManBunts

Reaction score
dunceface":1p3r21vz said:
peachesenregalia":1p3r21vz said:
Rob12":1p3r21vz said:
HawkWow":1p3r21vz said:

Where did you read this?

In defense, I hear their scarf is still more reliable than Fox News

HawkWow

Reaction score
ManBunts":1d4lz5d2 said:
Rob12":1d4lz5d2 said:
HawkWow":1d4lz5d2 said:

Where did you read this?

Yes, do tell. He's always had an "attitude", but it's never been a negative one. He does his own thing. He doesn't show up to early training camp. So? He still shows in better shape than 99% of the team. And I also saw that someone mentioned he didn't go in the locker room at halftime this last game. I also read the part where he was very sore and needed to stretch and Pete agreed it was best he stayed out there. This wasn't a Blount thing where he walked off the field and abandoned his team. The guy easily takes the most punishment of the team. If he says he needs to stay and stretch, you don't argue with it.

Look at it this way, would you rather have a guy who gets in trouble for not talking to the press or a guy that does drugs, beats women and children, and steals stuff. Lynch WAS headed down that road a few years ago and seems to have made dramatic strides towards not being that guy. So let him have his idiosyncracies and small moments of rebellion. We all hate the press anyway.

As for the original topic, I don't want to let him go and I don't think any team would give us what he's worth. If Trent Richardson is worth a first rounder, Lynch is too. I think he's got at least 2 more good seasons in his tank. We keep him. I want to see Lynch retire in a Seahawks uniform. I fully believe he's the best RB this team has ever had. I know Shaun's stats are far better, but what Lynch has done, with the line he's had, against the caliber of teams that he's faced, well, there's a reason every gameday I rock the #24.

You missed my point entirely. It's not the 'tude that concerns me, it's the smoke and fire. Scary stuff.

Did I really need an emoticon, Mr. Bunts?

HawkWow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":25ixqb6w said:
HawkWow":25ixqb6w said:

It was a joke mi sistah. ; )

There's few threads here that I'm not clamoring for the return of my favorite NFL player / borderline all time favorite Hawk.

But I am constantly concerned about fire. We have a fire extinguisher in every room of the house. That would be OK if they came in Hawk blue or Husky purple. But no...they are available only in 9er red. Not joking.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33evh3n7 said:
He'll either be given the extension he wants to stay, or Pete and John will allow him to talk to other teams to get the extension.........and we'll get a crappy conditional pick based on his 2015 performance.

I hope he stays, but my gut feeling from seeing how this is all going down this year says Pete and John are ready to move on.

I'm afraid I am in total agreement with your belief. Not because of any report from any talking heads, but because Lynch's own words alarmed me (like a fire alarm!!) . If there is no substance to any of this, how hard would it be for Pete to call Lynch in for a starbucks and a pack of chewing gum to discuss the matter?

When the best player on your team expresses uncertainty about his future with the team, there needs to be immediate dialogue. If not with the player, with the player's reps. It's (imo) not a healthy environment and the only reason I can think such an environment, in the middle of the season, would be allowed is because the FO feels no desire to discuss the matter. And that (imo) can't be a good thing. An old wise man once said "where there's smoke there's (eeeeeeek) fire".

For whatever reason, I still have a bit of trust left in this front office of ours. IF they let Lynch go and plan B sucks, causing us to struggle because of that decision, I will have lost that last (tiny) bit of trust and will cut up my Nordstrom card and throw it at the store's entrance. No, that won't have the same impact it once had, but it may be worth a shot anyway.

dunceface

Reaction score
^^^^ I can't take this guy seriously

you only have a "bit" of trust in this front office??
like overall or just on this Lynch situation?

*rolls eyes as hard as humanly possible*

Largent80

Reaction score
dunceface":3rzxiv0n said:
peachesenregalia":3rzxiv0n said:
Rob12":3rzxiv0n said:
HawkWow":3rzxiv0n said:

Where did you read this?

The "scientist" and scarf have melded into "I'm the Scarf"......Do NOT question it.