Rain City Redemption Update!

GawksAtHawks

Reaction score
For those interested... https://www.facebook.com/raincityseries

Don't know how to quote so copy paste job. Sorry guys.

The release for Episode XLVIII is getting extremely closer by the day. There is going to be a "rough-cut" screening held at Sports Radio 950 KJR next Monday (11/24) at 8:00 PM. Now, we only have two spots left. If you're interested in attending and getting a sneak peak, just send us an email at [email protected] describing your favorite/best Seahawks story. It can be about anything and the more detail the better! Now, normally I'm not big on stuff like this, but I feel it's the best way to give everyone an opportunity. I will be picking Wednesday night, so make sure to get them in soon! Also, there are going to be a couple more screenings local to Seattle following the release, so if you don't make this one, there will be more in the future. Looking forward to reading these!

I can't wait for this! :thirishdrinkers:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Ive been hearing this for months now. I'll believe it when its actually out.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dude's doing the lord's work for free...I can't wait til I can watch every episode in its entirety

Hawks46

Reaction score
They need to do a Rain City Redemption about this year.

You could open with a win against GB, then cut to a bunch of guys in hospital beds.

Then you end up with our incredible run to make the playoffs.

sturg78

Reaction score
Hawks46":36y80gi2 said:

You could open with a win against GB, then cut to a bunch of guys in hospital beds.

"Rain city revival"

Bam...nailed it. :0190l:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
HawkFan72":vfqd1rwi said:
If he could ever get the rights to sell these on DVD, he would make a lot of money.

Yea he will never get the rights. The NFL would want 99% of the profits. I think someone should contact him about making films like this cause the boy has talent. And he never used any of these programs until the first rain city one. Crazy

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
sturg78":22pyqyzh said:
Hawks46":22pyqyzh said:

"Rain city revival"

Bam...nailed it. :0190l:

Maimed City Recuperation?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
HawkinNY":1cjmh6jh said:
HawkFan72":1cjmh6jh said:
If he could ever get the rights to sell these on DVD, he would make a lot of money.

Yea he will never get the rights. The NFL would want 99% of the profits. I think someone should contact him about making films like this cause the boy has talent. And he never used any of these programs until the first rain city one. Crazy

Not just the NFL, but every network the clips are taken from would need to be paid as well which is at least ESPN, NFLN, ABC, NBC, FOX in the very least.

Then there would be the NFLPA.

Then there would be every NFL team name and logo that shows up anywhere. Remember they have their own owners. Being in the NFL is just a part of the club. the "Seahawks" could theoretically exist without the NFL.

Then there would be Nike

It goes on and on

This is why the only dvd releases you ever see come from the NFL itself, all those other things are managed along the way already so by the time it comes to reproducing any of it, they are the end of the line - but if a third party or other company were to use any of it they would need permission from every other entity involved.

jblaze

Reaction score
Can't wait for this to be released! They are epic and it was truly a magical run last year!

lsheldon

Reaction score
Anyone ever watch these on a big TV? If so, what is the image quality. Full screen on my 17" laptop they are pretty grainy. The native resolution of the videos themselves I downloaded from Vimeo are 640x480 for the first one and 640x360 for the rest. Wonder if there are any higher resolution copies floating around somewhere.

stizz19

Reaction score
lsheldon":t1rv9ngo said:
Anyone ever watch these on a big TV? If so, what is the image quality. Full screen on my 17" laptop they are pretty grainy. The native resolution of the videos themselves I downloaded from Vimeo are 640x480 for the first one and 640x360 for the rest. Wonder if there are any higher resolution copies floating around somewhere.

I watched all the other ones on my 55" and it was ok. He didn't use high def for a lot of the clips which is fine. Hopefully the new one has mostly HD, which it probably will. This guy needs to be hired by the NFL.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I'm sure this will be great when it is released, but I've given up on waiting.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I don't mind the wait. We will only have one first-time Super Bowl win, so I appreciate his ongoing efforts to make the documentary of it the best he possibly can.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":3nqh8gmt said:
I'm sure this will be great when it is released, but I've given up on waiting.

I'm not so sure this is true... maybe you've just moved from "active" waiting to a more passive sort of stance. :p

idahohawk

Reaction score
Rocket":svymy8cv said:
It takes a special person to bitch about obtaining a quality product for free...

I sure as heck hope you aren't talking about my post, because I'm not "bitching," far from it. I'm just not hitting my F5 key continually any more.