Beast Mode: Good Samaritan

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lynch is my favorite Seahawk.*

It was pointed out by someone in another comment that Lynch just has a different value system. He didn't go to the White House and he took a lot of heat for that, but he went to the Kid's Choice Awards and willfully jumped into a vat of slime for the kiddies.

If I found a wallet, I would return it - but I wouldn't go through the trouble of driving out to someone's house at night to do it. I would probably try to mail it to them.

That he would go out of his way, as busy as you know he is, to deliver a wallet to someone? Speaks volumes about his value system. The same system that assures that as upset as he is with the FO, he isn't going to play any less hard. How many stars how you seen for this team or others that get upset with the FO and their production goes into the toilet because they quit trying? We never worry about that with Lynch.

It really sucks that this guy cannot retire here because he is loved by every Seahawk fan I know. Hell, half the 49ers fans I know love the guy.

I won't say the guy is perfect or a saint, but he clearly sticks to his value system. More than most people I know. The wallet thing is just another example of it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Weird thing about this story is he said the neighbor said Marshawn dropped it off for him

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":clz4o0ai said:
Maybe they should be reporting stuff like THIS.....

Crazy! So I'm at the shell station in Marysville. I'm getting in my car when I see a giant Mercedez van pull up playing music super loud. Marshawn Lynch jumps out and walks into the store. I thought about asking for a picture but was in my work clothes and decided not to bother him. I leave to go pick up Junior.... What I didn't know was that I dropped my wallet. When I got home about 10 minutes later my neighbor knocks on door. She told me I would never guess who brought this to her.... I had no clue, but when she said Marshawn Lynch I was shocked ! I guess I was so distracted by the van pulling up I dropped my wallet. My neighbor said Marshawn, Ricardo Lockette and a cameraman were headed to Marysville Pilchuck and decided to bring it to me on the way there. My neighbor tried asking for a pic but they politely refused and their only concern was that I got my wallet back. I can't thank them guys enough for bringing it back and for making my neighbor a very happy lady for getting to a chance to meet them.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... gh-school/

http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynch-drove-to-a-guys-house-to-return-his-wall-1660572288

Zr4i4blcggbg8hml4kqt

Poster JustinJump summates this story quite nicely:
No assumptions needed, Marshawn Lynch is just that dude. He hates the media, he keeps to himself. He snubbed the President of the United States of America and then willfully went to the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, to willfully leap into a vat of slime. To the delight of the children.

Marshawn is that dude.

byau

Reaction score
Great story and you can see it in him. He fights for the little guys and the community and for family. Maybe not so much for authority, but for sure he would be a person to fight for the oppressed so to speak or just anyone who needs a helping hand

Endearing

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't care if he doesn't talk to the media, he does all of his communicating on the field, with his foundation, and for the kids. That's all he needs to do.

Really lost respect for John Clayton when he pushed that fine at the Superbowl last year and he's at it again. When asked if Lynch would get a fine for not talking to the press Clayton said "I hope so." What a selfish piece of crap.

The fans have Marshawn's back, this whole issue is about the media acting like children because they can't get some juicy story out of a very popular player. When was the last time one of them wrote an in-depth article about his charity, or the other charitable work he does?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Snubbed the President? I had heard he was attending a funeral that day.

jblaze

Reaction score
A little self-promotion doesn't hurt either. This all came to light because the guy with the wallet tweeted Marshawn and he retweeted it thus garnering the attention.

It is nice that the national media picked it up though and is running with it. Great to get our guys,and Marshawn specifically, some positive publicity.

The guy is definitely mercurial, but he has shown he cares about the little guy and will go out of his way to show love. Gotta love Lynch!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
now that the guy has his wallet back, he should buy a legit jersey with the money he did not loose... ;-0) [i am assuming its not since it don't look like my elite lynch or other ones i have seen]

i love lynch also.

dunceface

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ix29esr said:
I don't care if he doesn't talk to the media, he does all of his communicating on the field, with his foundation, and for the kids. That's all he needs to do.

Really lost respect for John Clayton when he pushed that fine at the Superbowl last year and he's at it again. When asked if Lynch would get a fine for not talking to the press Clayton said "I hope so." What a selfish piece of crap.

The fans have Marshawn's back, this whole issue is about the media acting like children because they can't get some juicy story out of a very popular player. When was the last time one of them wrote an in-depth article about his charity, or the other charitable work he does?

+1 on Clayton

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1rztkwqt said:

It was pointed out by someone in another comment that Lynch just has a different value system. He didn't go to the White House and he took a lot of heat for that, but he went to the Kid's Choice Awards and willfully jumped into a vat of slime for the kiddies.

[youtube]Q7da8ZTXxy4[/youtube]

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1gjqzw3t said:
TwistedHusky":1gjqzw3t said:

[youtube]Q7da8ZTXxy4[/youtube]

Ha, I've never seen that, hilarious! :th2thumbs:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MPHS_DECA/status/534826590346022913[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lindseyee3/status/534835321016684546[/tweet]