Lynch Fined for not speaking to the media

kidhawk

Reaction score
NFL Fined Lynch $50,000 for not speaking to the media after the KC game, and added on the $50,000 as agreed to from last season for his previous violation.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/535165031957397505[/tweet]

pmedic920

Reaction score
10c36dc0a17de71fb9c28088673838aa.jpg

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... m%2F%22%7D

Hawknballs

Reaction score
So dumb.

Especially when guys like bill bellichik give token answers over and over again and somehow that qualifies as fine. I would rather a guy just not talk. Maybe he should just sulk and pout embarrassingly like RG3 in front of the cameras?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't he speak to the media? Isn't that what that article was? Or is it specifically not talking at the podium that they're mad about?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wow - how is Michael Silver taking the news that he does not qualify as media?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
an interview doesn't qualify as being available to the media at large. Silver is a cal guy so they are close.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In terms of seriousness this ranks as serious as dropping an F bomb or worse.

Better to go rip someone's head off b/c the fine for that would be $8750

More BS discipline from the league. "It's all about the money, Boss.

Total crap!!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm sure Rapoport gleefully posted that tweet. He's determined to get under Lynch's skin.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Just talk to the media, bro, it's not that hard.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
It's Marshawn's money to waste as he pleases, but I can't help but think how much good that much $$ could have done in the world. Now it's going into the NFL coffers for things like Goodell's paycheck and various legal consultants.

I don't blame him, though. The media tries very hard to make what he says scandalous. And it's straight up painful to watch him sit at a table or stand at a podium with 30 idiotic reporters asking him earth-shattering questions such as "How much do you like Skittles?" just so they can get their stupid soundbites.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":tiuy3u80 said:
It's Marshawn's money to waste as he pleases, but I can't help but think how much good that much $$ could have done in the world. Now it's going into the NFL coffers for things like Goodell's paycheck and various legal consultants.

I don't blame him, though. The media tries very hard to make what he says scandalous. And it's straight up painful to watch him sit at a table or stand at a podium with 30 idiotic reporters asking him earth-shattering questions such as "How much do you like Skittles?" just so they can get their stupid soundbites.

Fines don't go to NFL coffers. Fines are donated to charities

HawkinNY

Reaction score
He should just give yes or no answers from now on. I think it's pathetic that they fine someone 50,000 for not speaking to the media. But you can kill someone on the field and get a small fine. I really hope the NFL implodes.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
HawkinNY":eikngi4o said:
I really hope the NFL implodes.

So what do you plan to do with your Sundays if your wish comes true?

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I really don't get how the NFL makes up their fines and I'm not sure anyone will ever understand it.

On the other side, it's Lynch's money to spend and if he wants to avoid the press and pay fines, he's free to do so. If I was him I would just give the vague yes, no or no comment answers for 5 minutes (or for whatever the "mandatory" time the NFL agrees to in his contract) after the game and move along with my day if I wanted nothing to do the press.

I guess this is something the players association should bring up in the next contract negotiations with the NFL. Until then, it's part of the contract they sign when the players want the privilege of working for the NFL corporation (just like any other business when you sign a contract to work for them).