Pete's Wednesday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Feed is live now, shouldn't be too long now

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opens with how we are getting ready for a great opponent. This game kicks off the portion of our schedule against division opponents

Wagner will be limited but will practice today.

No real update on Unger. Said there has been some progress but they don't know anything long range.

on LJP. he has retained a lot mentally but they need to see how he does physically. He's open to Lem playing this week and seems to be in good football shape. They will see how it goes in practice...(still sounds like they are leaning towards him backing up but we'll know more friday)

Cardinals not allowing many rushing yards. Gives lots of props to their defense and says they are a committed run team who run the ball alot even when they aren't getting the yardage. They also are committed to throwing down the field to guys like Fitzgerald.

Says they tend to get the ball out quickly keeping their qb from collecting a lot of sacks.

Our Depth on DL concerns....he said maybe a little less now that we picked up another guy. Trying to maintain a good rotation to keep everyone fresh

Said our whole division is banged up and we are all dealing with it. Said it's about guys stepping up to the opportunity.

Admires what Bruce Arians has done. Says he has a great approach and mentality.

How Williams did at NT. Said he held his own. Said the ball was not at a place where it would be his responsibility a lot on Sunday

Evaluating the passing game....Said it's out style to play off the running game. They encourage Russell to create problems for the opponents. Emphasized that we rushed for over 500 yards the past 2 weeks.

Said we are better in the red zone than a lot of numbers show. Always trying to get better.

Asked if he'd rather Russell not be running at the pace he is......"ABSOLUTELY NOT" he's very proud of our overall running attack.

On Lynch and the wallet....called it another deed well done.

on last year's game against the cardinals. Said they adjusted well from the previous game. Said we had plenty of opportunities. Said they were persistent and ran the ball 47 times.

Challenges to defending Arians passing game....he understands principles and he keeps in constant motion with his schemes. Doesn't do the same thing all the time.

Carpenter will practice today

Coyle will practice today

Burley will not practice today

Lane was sore going into the game last week so they didn't play him on defense, only special teams

On team swagger...said they are still confident. They understand how crucial this game is

How the offense is playing right now. Not as consistent as they'd like. Been running the ball very well. Very confident in the roles the players are in. Said Doug does a great job inside. Kearse does a great job. The young guys are fitting in. Would like to see some more out of Lockette

On Lynch's fine....said he's aware of it.

Stanton has a big arm. Is confident. At times, just like Palmer. He's productive and tough enough to run when he has to.

Tukuafu will continue to play on both sides of the ball, though he only had a few snaps on defense last week.

Surpised at the level of defense after losing players? Said they haven't skipped a beat. They are playing excellent defensively. A big accomplishment to get past those injuries.

that's it for today. Next presser is Friday

Largent80

Reaction score
To me, it almost sounds like he is leaving it up to this weeks practices on Center.

I would think LJP would have the experience edge, but at least Lewis got game experience. Have to see how that pans out, but I am hoping LJP can get in there.

Please BW, heal and get into the Mike.

I didn't care for his responses of the passing game which even though better last Sunday, looks like an afterthought.

Please get Norwood involved more.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1hw9we6e said:
I listened and I'm amazed at how fast you type this up Kid... :lol:

Kudos bro !!!!!!

As you have probably noticed, Pete has a lot of static answers, so when he starts to answer a question, I often know pretty much what he's going to say in his first few words. One thing about Pete is he is very consistent in how he replies (and often not replies) to the questions.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2b22r23k said:
To me, it almost sounds like he is leaving it up to this weeks practices on Center.

I would think LJP would have the experience edge, but at least Lewis got game experience. Have to see how that pans out, but I am hoping LJP can get in there.

I didn't care for his responses of the passing game which even though better last Sunday, looks like an afterthought.

I look at his answers there as trying to accentuate the positives (ie the running game).

I would like to see some more of Norwood too, but what I'm curious about is what he meant on Lockette. Was he saying he wants coaches to get him more involved in the game plan or is he saying he wants to see Lockette improve his WR skills?

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like he is Higher on Lockette than everyone else, but Pete being Pete.

To me, it is up to these coaches to figure all of that out and get these players into positions to succeed. So far, not seeing the coaches do their part.

Largent80

Reaction score
KJ Wright has been one of the biggest failures of this year defense. He had better get it together in a contract year I would say, his stock has dropped.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Thanks Kidhawk. Just an assumption but I believe moving KJ Wright to the middle was one of the factors why Chiefs ran up close to 200 yards rushing on the Seahawks. He's ineffective against shifty runners plus slow to boot. I'd rather see Irvin at MLB than Wright. Of course if Wagner is back this week then questions at MLB will no longer be pertinent. Problem solved. If Wagner was there, Charles wouldn't have had the day he did. Wagner is much faster than Wright and more of a sure tackler too.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete_Carroll_Week_12_Wednesday_Press_Conference/3172be48-eec2-455a-bc73-4bf61b66198c[/urltargetblank]

Video of the conference is up on .com for those who want to watch/listen

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1k9v8igv said:
Thanks Kidhawk. Just an assumption but I believe moving KJ Wright to the middle was one of the factors why Chiefs ran up close to 200 yards rushing on the Seahawks. He's ineffective against shifty runners plus slow to boot. I'd rather see Irvin at MLB than Wright. Of course if Wagner is back this week then questions at MLB will no longer be pertinent. Problem solved. If Wagner was there, Charles wouldn't have had the day he did. Wagner is much faster than Wright and more of a sure tackler too.

Yeh, that was certainly part of the issue but it starts with the D-line, they were getting destroyed. Chiefs' O-linemen were getting to the second level and blowing our guys up, it was really ugly on a couple of runs.

byau

Reaction score
kidhawk":2in10ewq said:
Largent80":2in10ewq said:

Kudos bro !!!!!!

As you have probably noticed, Pete has a lot of static answers, so when he starts to answer a question, I often know pretty much what he's going to say in his first few words. One thing about Pete is he is very consistent in how he replies (and often not replies) to the questions.

Ha, never thought about that. I was wondering how you get everything typed up so fast

Anyway, thanks again, great summary and thanks for keeping us posted with links too!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
byau":20ys55ry said:
kidhawk":20ys55ry said:
Largent80":20ys55ry said:

Kudos bro !!!!!!

Ha, never thought about that. I was wondering how you get everything typed up so fast

Anyway, thanks again, great summary and thanks for keeping us posted with links too!

sometimes it comes back to bite me in the butt and I'll have to edit so I may miss something, but generally it works out pretty well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks for doing these threads, KidHawk. Soon you will be so acclimated to Pete-speak, you will have the ability to write these before he even speaks. lol.

Quite the change of heart for Mr. Pete. In '12 and '13 he was bent on keeping RW behind the LOS. Now it's as though he's encouraging RW to use his wheels. Certainly to hide the inefficiencies of the offense and to me, his new found exuberance screams cop-out. Someone will take that comment deeper than it is meant. I'm OK with RW running the ball because he's smart and because we have so few weapons. Unless Pete has concerns about Wilson's passing ability, I'm sure he feels the same. I'd just prefer it if he came out and admitted as much as opposed to acting like Wilson playing running back was always part of the plan. . But that's just me.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkWow":1cgpv7v5 said:
I'd just prefer it if he came out and admitted as much as opposed to acting like Wilson playing running back was always part of the plan. . But that's just me.

You know that he really can't do that, don't you? He must keep the opponents guessing as much as possible.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Unsure if you're being serious.

When RW is averaging 200 (+/-) ypg through the air, and his primaries are a 3 and a 4, the opposition likely knows we will be running the ball and it's now painfully obvious our FQB will be doing much of that running. I wasn't chastising Pete. It just sounds funny considering it wasn't so long ago he didn't want RW to run anymore than absolutely necessary. The RO was going to be little more than a let's catch them with their pants down, then move onto something less threatening before they start teeing off on the franchise.

I have no problem with Pete-speak, Big Pumpkin. It's art.

A

Anonymous

kidhawk":ft15hvkj said:
Largent80":ft15hvkj said:

I look at his answers there as trying to accentuate the positives (ie the running game).

I would like to see some more of Norwood too, but what I'm curious about is what he meant on Lockette. Was he saying he wants coaches to get him more involved in the game plan or is he saying he wants to see Lockette improve his WR skills?

Yes.

:mrgreen:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2xxcqe8t said:
kidhawk":2xxcqe8t said:
Largent80":2xxcqe8t said:

Yes.

:mrgreen:

I see you have Pete speak down too