Lynch appeals fine/ back pain prevented media interview

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/marshawn-lynch-to-appeal-100000-fine/related/

Lynch, according to Hendrickson, then realized he had skipped out (as he usually does) without talking to reporters. So Lynch immediately called Hendrickson. Here’s the conversation, as recounted by Hendrickson.

“Dude, I screwed up,” Lynch told Hendrickson, referring to the failure to talk to reporters before leaving the locker room.

“Go back in,” Hendrickson replied.

“I can’t even move,” Lynch said. “My back’s killing me.”

Lynch then suggested talking to Mike Silver and Michael Robinson of NFL Media as an alternative to returning to the locker room.

In the end, Lynch’s interview with Silver was far more meaningful than any perfunctory remarks he would have made while trying to get out of the locker room and to the bus. That point surely will be made during the appeal.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Maybe players should start levying counter fines on the NFL. $100,000 for extreme idiocy sounds about right to me.

sturg78

Reaction score
Lying to media about recieving a video of rice knocking his wife out should warrent at least 500k

Cartire

Reaction score
sturg78":3b1jjank said:
Lying to media about recieving a video of rice knocking his wife out should warrent at least 500k

Pocket change on a 46 million a year salary.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hope he wins the appeal.
Anybody remember last season when he was going to get that $50,000 fine that the 12th man was offering to pay the fine for him? Any chance we see something like that again if he doesn't win this appeal?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":x0flsyzh said:
Anybody remember last season when he was going to get that $50,000 fine that the 12th man was offering to pay the fine for him? Any chance we see something like that again if he doesn't win this appeal?

Unlikely, as Lynch said he appreciated the sentiment but it wasn't necessary last year and that any monies received would just be sent to charity.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":39vcgfxi said:
Jerhawk":39vcgfxi said:

Unlikely, as Lynch said he appreciated the sentiment but it wasn't necessary last year and that any monies received would just be sent to charity.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I hope he wins the appeal but who knows with the NFL. Maybe if this was the first time but since this is kinda the second time he's had the NFL on his back about this...idk.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if he played for Santa Clara, Dallas, New England, Pitts etc. this all would magically be a non factor. :roll:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If Lynch spoke to the media on a regular, normal basis like most players this wouldn't be an issue.

Just get up to the mic, say 5 generic statements about football and how they are a team and thank God or whomever and leave.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
All Lynch ever had to say was, "I'm just about that action."

Which he did.

Boss.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
oes anyone know the writ of the rule, I mean, is there a time limit e.g. 15minutes minimum. And does it have to coherent/relevant verbage? i.e. Can he just repeat "I love skittles" to EVERY question and get away with it?

Just curious

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I know it's blasphemy as a Seahawk fan, but I'm not siding with Marshawn on this one.

We all like to point to Goddell's stuff as reasons why Marshawn should not be fined.

Okay so if I entered into some weird job that required me to work Saturdays otherwise I suffered a deduction on my paycheck, and the president of my company decided who usually works saturdays too, but decided for a month not to work saturdays. That means I should not be deducted right? no, that's BS.

As for the fine. I'm sorry this isn't a first time fine, it's a second, possible third. And last year they did not fine him provided he was better with the media this time around.

That's like a judge taking away my speeding ticket and putting me on probation for a year, and then I start driving 5 mph (instead of 10) over the speed limit the remainder of the year. Get caught by some cop, get a ticket, thus both tickets, and then I complain about it and try to appeal.

If he has anxiety or whatever, get a doctor's note, find a way to work with the NFL so it's a win win for everyone. or hell just do the 1 word answers Belichick does.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1jriwulr said:
oes anyone know the writ of the rule, I mean, is there a time limit e.g. 15minutes minimum. And does it have to coherent/relevant verbage? i.e. Can he just repeat "I love skittles" to EVERY question and get away with it?

Just curious

Look at Belichick he does exactly what's required, stand there for the time period and answer the questions. You're not required to go in depth, not required to be happy, not required to joke, not even required to give more than a one word answer.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
mikeak":23yulg3u said:
His history doesn't help his case

My thoughts too.

It's easy to side with Lynch because he's pretty enjoyable as a character (I love the guy) and the rule is easy to make fun of, but the reason for its existence is pretty obvious, and access to them by the media, at least indirectly, is one of the reasons everyone gets paid as much as they do.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Bitter":2awaf2hr said:
Maybe players should start levying counter fines on the NFL. $100,000 for extreme idiocy sounds about right to me.

That would lead to teams fining the NFL for poor officiating calls that cost them a game. Wait....whoops !