Home game in Vancouver

TruHammer07

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the 10% of the 12th man is Canadian. How about a home game in Vancouver someday? BC place was renovated pretty nicely for the 2010 Olympics, 50,000 seat capacity.

Preseason seems like a no-brainer. Throw us Canadians a bone.

Obviously its not an attempt to move the team i.e. Buffalo > Toronto.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
won't happen but i was happy to see them in YYZ whip the bills. so they have thrown us a bone... ;-)

A

Anonymous

TruHammer07":1v8pcsfe said:
I read somewhere that the 10% of the 12th man is Canadian. How about a home game in Vancouver someday? BC place was renovated pretty nicely for the 2010 Olympics, 50,000 seat capacity.

Somebody correct me, but I believe the prerequisite is 60,000 seats.

Also, there has to be sufficient luxury box accommodations.

You have luxury boxes? Eh?

kobebryant

Reaction score
ugh. I hate BC Place.

Was there for the Canucks-Sens game; just a cavernous stadium with little atmosphere. No way would I want the Hawks to give away a game of home field advantage to play there. It won't happen, so no big deal.

Even when I was living in Vancouver for grad school, I would rather make the trip to see the Hawks in Seattle then go to BC Place.

That stadium shouldn't have even been renovated, it was waste of taxpayer money. Empire stadium was the perfect venue for the two lower league level teams that BC Place is home to (Lions, Whitecaps). And the new convention center is beautiful and perfect for trade shows.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
TruHammer07":2nbw486t said:

Buffalo should move Toronto, not that I would be a fan but the team would make a hell of a lot more money.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":aboc5qc2 said:
I think it would be cool to play a preseason game there.

This.

Maybe if you're the Jags or Raiders and need to expand your brand to help sell tickets, but not us. There's a waiting list + we have the best home field advantage in the league, so no reason to have games anywhere else.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":30gmjg6l said:
Largent80":30gmjg6l said:
Not Canadian but appreciate the bacon.

Who doesn't like bacon, but what the hell is Canadian bacon as we just call in bacon.

Canadian bacon as we call in it America is ham.

BaconUncooked

Ham on the left, bacon on the right.

OP
OP
T

TruHammer07

Reaction score
kobebryant":1f73qdv7 said:
ugh. I hate BC Place.

Was there for the Canucks-Sens game; just a cavernous stadium with little atmosphere. No way would I want the Hawks to give away a game of home field advantage to play there. It won't happen, so no big deal.

Even when I was living in Vancouver for grad school, I would rather make the trip to see the Hawks in Seattle then go to BC Place.

That stadium shouldn't have even been renovated, it was waste of taxpayer money. Empire stadium was the perfect venue for the two lower league level teams that BC Place is home to (Lions, Whitecaps). And the new convention center is beautiful and perfect for trade shows.

With all due respect what were you expecting with an ice rink in a stadium? The grey cup this year will be a rocking environment, not to suggest the average Vancouverite could ever summon that much enthusiasm about anything. I've heard the MLS games are pretty sick but soccers not my thing.

I'd put BC place on par with the Kingdome, similar concrete design with BC place far more attractive now. Empire stadium wasn't a permanent venue, just a group of circus tents.

I would never have thought any Seattle based fans would go for it its just something I'd like to see.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
TruHammer07":35s65903 said:

Will we ever get to see a Vancouver Hockey game in Seattle?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Bobblehead":15wimb3m said:
TruHammer07":15wimb3m said:

Will we ever get to see a Vancouver Hockey game in Seattle?

It's more of a priority to get a professional hockey team in Toronto first. :mrgreen:

DrDix

Reaction score
Definitely no. Pre-season maybe but not any time else.

Homefield at C-Link is too great.

OrFan

Reaction score
Probably too many Hawk fans that do not have passports. No reason to visit the empty space to the North when there is such a homefield advantage in Seattle.

CANHawk

Reaction score
God, I live here and even I don't want them to give up a home game at the Clink to play in our oversized duffle bag of a stadium...

peppersjap

Reaction score
I would be so pissed if they ever did that. I love that we have fans in BC but we also have a lot fans in Eastern Washington but we aren't moving games to Spokane. I would be surprised if we don't have more fans in Oregon than in BC but we aren't playing in Eugene! They are the Seattle Seahawks and that is where they should play. The thing Buffalo does with Toronto is ridiculous! And the thing the NFL is doing with England just pisses me off, it creates an unnecessary hardship on the teams that have to travel there and screws the season ticket holders. It is hard enough for us to have to go to the east coast, lets add another long flight onto that and see how screwed west coast teams would be. Goodell is a complete douche bag!