Pete's Friday Press Conference w/Synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-12-Friday-Press-Conference/6754304f-4a0b-4bed-8072-2c973f9a2570[/urltargetblank]

I missed the live version, so here's a link to the uploaded video and my synopsis

Good week of practice. Very tough team to prepare for.

Wagner will practice. Will have to wait and see if we limit reps.

Both centers are ready to go. They will let us know at game time who starts.

Said Lem was really sharp. On it and confident.

Carpenter was limited today. Will have to see come game time.

Lynch did fine today and is ready to go

Says that we have had a chance to win every game this year. We'll find out at the end of it all how those games affected us.

Burley will not play

League said that the league admitted mistakes officiating the KC game. Hopes they do a great job this week.

KPL will not be able to play due to his shoulder injury

Coyle is ready to go if needed

Dobbs is hobbled right now. He's doubtful

Robertson is going to be ready to play on Sunday. If he's activated he'll be ready to go.

Kam is the best he's been in awhile. Had his best week of prep coming off of a game.

On Lynch's future. Said if reporters had asked him he would have told them that they want him to be there. He's under contract and they would be thrilled to have him play next year. The story came from somewhere else and nobody asked him about it.

That's it for today. Sunday is game day.

ivotuk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2pj6v9dl said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-12-Friday-Press-Conference/6754304f-4a0b-4bed-8072-2c973f9a2570[/urltargetblank]

Thanks for the synopsis!

Robertson is going to be ready to play on Sunday. If he's activated he'll be ready to go.

I would love to see this, I think this guy could be a monster in the middle.

Kam is the best he's been in awhile. Had his best week of prep coming off of a game.

Good to hear, maybe he'll give Michael Floyd the Vernon Davis treatment.. :twisted:

On Lynch's future. Said if reporters had asked him he would have told them that they want him to be there.

He's under contract and they would be thrilled to have him play next year.

THIS IS THE BEST THING I"VE HEARD IN A WHILE!!! Woohooo!!!! .

:thirishdrinkers:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks again KidHawk. Regardless of truths or realities, I think it would be in the best interest of the team if Pete ended the next line of questioning regarding Lynch's future with an abrupt: "I've made it clear we want him back and would prefer you people stop trying to turn a non-story into a distraction". Even the most persistent of reporters hate being put on the spot like that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Agreed. Pull a Bellichik and just shut the guy down.

Hell, Arians, Harbaugh, or Rex Ryan would all get red assed on a reporter for repeated idiocy and just being annoying. I like Pete, but it would be awesome if he was sometimes a bit more like that to these drama seeking reporters.

Great news about Kam and Lem. If Lem can go, our run game will most likely look just as good as it did the last 2 weeks.

So, our CBs are Sherman, Maxwell, Lane, and Simon ? That's a hell of a good crew.

I wouldn't mind seeing Carpenter split reps with Bailey. I didn't see a lot of drop off when he was out, but when he's in, he can maul dudes. Rotating at that spot would keep both big guys fresh and really wear down that side of AZ's line.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":5cyscegf said:
Thanks again KidHawk. Regardless of truths or realities, I think it would be in the best interest of the team if Pete ended the next line of questioning regarding Lynch's future with an abrupt: "I've made it clear we want him back and would prefer you people stop trying to turn a non-story into a distraction". Even the most persistent of reporters hate being put on the spot like that.
Completely agree Wow. Don't understand why Pete doesn't just nip it in the bud. Must be a reason of some sort.

Good news that Kam is 'the best he's been in a while'.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":26hsawgb said:
HawkWow":26hsawgb said:
Completely agree Wow. Don't understand why Pete doesn't just nip it in the bud. Must be a reason of some sort.

To put this mildly with a snowfall of sarcasm...." the reporters would report that Pete was upset over the conversation and then spin it out to where his annoyance is predicated on the fact that they are moving away from Lynch and are moving in with Michael and looking for either a good draft or possibly bringing in a RB from another team...(AP)." :sarcasm_off:

Pete is doing just what he needs to and being upbeat about it. That way the spin moves are really really hard to work into his verbage. :thirishdrinkers:

Rainger

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2m97xf2l said:
HawkWow":2m97xf2l said:

Not his style.

Also the more you attack the media the more they find ways to twist words to make you look bad.

Right now Pete is not an enemy of the Media and I think he knows he does not want to be one. He just has to put up with their sh*t and wait till they get tired of it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
You guys ^^^^ make a lot of sense. But it still would be nice to see him tell them to go eff themselves for a change. Selfish on my part, but hey what can I say?

I knew as champs we'd have a huge bulls eye on our backs with our opponents this year but suppose after 3 1/2 decades of being largely ignored by the media (or worse yet, at times scorned) I wasn't prepared for the bullshit they've directed toward the Hawks like I should've been.

firebee

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that the only way these media maggots will stop talking about Lynch playing here next year is if JS gets him to agree to a 2 or 3 year extension. That, pretty much, kills the media talk about Lynch not playing here next year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
firebee":3ks8u3ef said:
I've come to the conclusion that the only way these media maggots will stop talking about Lynch playing here next year is if JS gets him to agree to a 2 or 3 year extension. That, pretty much, kills the media talk about Lynch not playing here next year.
Another way would be for us to win 6 in a row. Winning cures everything the media included.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2e6bwca6 said:
You guys ^^^^ make a lot of sense. But it still would be nice to see him tell them to go eff themselves for a change. Selfish on my part, but hey what can I say?

I knew as champs we'd have a huge bulls eye on our backs with our opponents this year but suppose after 3 1/2 decades of being largely ignored by the media (or worse yet, at times scorned) I wasn't prepared for the bullshit they've directed toward the Hawks like I should've been.

Agreed SD1. And the fact it's not in Pete's demeanor to do such a thing is why it would be impactful and likely successful. Over the years I've worked with literally hundreds of reporters and have been in that spot numerous times as well. Everyone has some insecurity or another, as thick skinned as most reporters pretend to be, that is usually not the case.

A reporter only feels like he's someone when someone is showing interest in his questions. And believe me, it is a HUGE feeling of power. When that someone puts you in your place, even by raising an eyebrow, you feel very, very small. it can be devastating. This happened to me by (punkass) Evander Holyfield. He was playing in the Pro-Am at the Grand Slam with Tiger Woods. I had an interview with Woods scheduled but didn't know Holy would be with him. I'm a HUGE boxing fan and Holy a huge dick. It got ugly and ugly really fast. Ending with my press pass being pulled and pee running down my leg (lol).

But I asked Tiger a question the day before and the dialogue ended up on...wait for it...duh duh.. duh duh duh. Yep...Sportscenter. ; ) I had been speaking with his mom and she told me he was staving off a cold. In the tent, with cameras rolling, I asked if he was finding enough rest with the hectic pace / schedule. He replied "yep...last night, thanks to Nyquil" . I quipped, " And you'll rest well tonight knowing Nyquil now owes you a million bucks". He laughed and said "I'll take it".

I felt I asked many questions better than that one (lol)...but it was the only time I ever got anything on ESPN. ; )

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":2mcs0103 said:
Not his style.

Also the more you attack the media the more they find ways to twist words to make you look bad.

Right now Pete is not an enemy of the Media and I think he knows he does not want to be one. He just has to put up with their sh*t and wait till they get tired of it.

Yep. The media is essentially a non-violent mafia. Past industry notions of professionalism are largely out the door, and now their coverage of a story will be heavily influenced by should-be irrelevant factors such as how much they like the person they're covering.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3jdsooya said:
HawkWow":3jdsooya said:

He knows Lynch is likely to hold out again. I don't think he wanted to give Lynch any more leverage than he already has by bringing up the subject himself. He was finally asked the question so his hand was forced.

Hopefully, they agree to a short-term extension on a reasonable deal. Keep the beast happy by solidifying our commitment to him, and lock him up for the next couple years. No matter what we offer, I bet he holds out through the first week of training camp.