The Seahawks Win If...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks Win Tomorrow If...

...they bring that physicality and punishing-style of play that was so evident last year. Call it swag, call it what you want, but it has not been seen this year since the opening game against the Packers. If they don't bring that back tomorrow, we lose.

What's yours?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Yep. Don't get out-coached. The Hawks are fighting for their playoff lives here. If they can't get it up for this one, it's onto next year and the draft IMO unless some monumental blowups happen in the NFC. GO HAWKS!!!

hawkpride

Reaction score
Yep I agree with Aros.
The physical style of play has been missing this year. Look at Cam, (whom I love) have we seen him blow up opponents like last year?
Now I know he is injured but this comment is for the whole defense, they have been lacking that swag.
Bring it tomorrow Hawks, I believe......

Cartire

Reaction score
Its not raining.

Something that I used to think was to our advantage, but am starting to think effects us more then the other team.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":jyitwis3 said:
Its not raining.

Something that I used to think was to our advantage, but am starting to think effects us more then the other team.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Heavy rain only seems to have the ball squirting out of our guys hands like a wet bar of soap, not the other team's. And Russell can't throw for crap in the rain.

The Seahawks win if...they get at least 2 turnovers.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Making Drew Stanton uncomfortable, some pass pressure will certainly help

firebee

Reaction score
Establish the run and USE play-action to create shots down the field. That means no more of this sissy empty backfield spread bullcrap and cutesy bubble screens or slip screens. Run it down their throats and when they start stacking, take shots down the field. When we take our shots, let's try to avoid having all of our receivers running to the same damn area of the field. Spread the field, split the coverage and give Wilson some options for easy deepball throws. Essentially... We need Bevell to pull his head out of his ass and start running this offense like it's meant to be ran. Harvin isn't here anymore... Leave the cutesy gimmicky bullcrap in the trashcan where it belongs.

Our defense needs to control the gaps and establish a controlled pass rush that doesn't create running lanes. No more shooting gaps... Control the gaps and close the pocket. If you can't get to the QB, get your hands up and knock some balls down. The backside of our defense needs to set the edge and shut down runs or short passes to the outside. Keep the receivers and backs in front of our defense and don't let them get outside or downfield. Our defense created the turnover opportunities they did last year because they forced opponents to methodically move the ball downfield against us by not giving up big chunks of yards and keeping the offense in front of them. the more plays an offense has to run to get downfield, the more opportunities our defense has to create a turnover. Keep the offense in front and don't give up the big plays.

Let's get back to playing Seahawk Football.

irocdave

Reaction score
Get home with the pressure. Been getting "pressure" all season but not getting home. That changes tomorrow. 3 - 5 sacks at the most opportunistic times...a couple of picks also.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Aros":1kevc7qi said:

...they bring that physicality and punishing-style of play that was so evident last year. Call it swag, call it what you want, but it has not been seen this year since the opening game against the Packers. If they don't bring that back tomorrow, we lose.

What's yours?

This^^^^^^^^
Just bring it Kick a@@ take no crap and beat them. Show that we are tough and have a mean streak.

I will know within the first 5 mins If we have a chance. If not I will turn off the game and drink. If it is a win I will be happy but make no mistake if we lose it is over. I love this team and have for a long time. I just don't need to punish myself and watch a game where we are losing because for whatever reason players OC,DC or coach wants to hold back.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Aros":1xgsu6zu said:

What's yours?

That "physically punishing style of play" is long gone with the last years squad and I surely dont expect it to magically reappear any time soon... the team chemistry just isnt there this year

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
dutchman063":1jrab0ck said:
Aros":1jrab0ck said:

What's yours?

That "physically punishing style of play" is long gone with the last years squad and I surely dont expect it to magically reappear any time soon... the team chemistry just isnt there this year

I think it's still there; or they're at least still capable of it. Especially hurts that Kam is obviously not himself.
So I'll say: Hawks win if Kam totally blows up a Cards' receiver sometime in the first half, even if he gets penalized for it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A big part of it is injuries and complacency IMO. While NFL players can't use injuries as an excuse, fans certainly can.

We've lost some key players on both sides to free agency, we've lost key players to injuries, AND we are SB champs which tells me as human beings, there's going to be some level of "Aaaaaaah, we made it. Why work so hard now?"

It's not a slam on us personally, I really believe it happens to every SB champ the following year. It's just a matter of to what degree.

drdiags

Reaction score
According to our non-Cardinals beiievers, the team just has to make it to the stadium. So with that air of confidence, I am going to say "Make it out of bed safely"

Latest posts