Britt and the Screen.

Cartire

Reaction score
I know I know, Team Sarlacc.

But honestly, rewatch the game. Britt twice blocked the same guy sweezy had and let a free runner right by him. It was attroshis, and he finally showed his rookie flaws.

3 Screen were not bevells fault. They were entirely on Wilson taking way to long to throw the ball. You cant hold the ball that long on a blitzing card defense. IF you're going to throw screen (which would have countered a lot of the blitz), you have to do it right away. Wilson waited way to long and it was on him.

Other than that, let the Bevell blame begin.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Uhhh no, all sacks were on Russel (his line was NOT at fault). Haven't you been reading the posts here? Montanahawk will be along shortly to correct you.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Natethegreat":35x1ly6p said:
Uhhh no, all sacks were on Russel (his line was NOT at fault). Haven't you been reading the posts here? Montanahawk will be along shortly to correct you.

I know youre being sarcastic, but there were a few on Russell today. The screen sacks in particular. However, most were on the line, and it was blatant. Britt was the biggest offender. Straight shots on him.

pehawk

Reaction score
Even though I would never criticize an OC against a blitztastic team like the Cards, couldn't an argument be made the OC is responsible for insuring the team even knows HOW to run a screen? I mean, you could say that the screens today set back football a good 38 years, they we're that bad. Not just Britt, but ALL of it. It looked like a bunch of monkeys dry-humping strokevictims.

The screens we're not well drawn, not well coached, not well executed, not well blocked, not well thrown, nothing.

Or, it's the RT's fault?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
We scored our touchdown on a screen. We also got a big first down from Lynch on a screen as well. When our guys actually execute their blocks they work.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Britt got pushed into Wilson's screen-throwing lane early in the game, and the pass got batted down. That's happened three or four times the last two weeks. He's also whiffed in pass protection. I'm a lot more willing to criticize Britt, because I see a lot more individual mistakes from him than anybody else.

Of course, it matters on what you do with the criticism. If you're pointing out individual flaws on one rookie and suggesting we've got a temporary problem while he develops, I can see that. If you're suggesting that we fire the rookie and replace him (and everyone else) in the draft, you're probably misapplying your criticism.

Natethegreat":1mz32tm4 said:

If you're going to throw a tantrum every time somebody points out some detail on a play that you didn't notice, your blood pressure will suffer over the long run.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
pehawk":n3b8gifa said:
Even though I would never criticize an OC against a blitztastic team like the Cards, couldn't an argument be made the OC is responsible for insuring the team even knows HOW to run a screen? I mean, you could say that the screens today set back football a good 38 years, they we're that bad. Not just Britt, but ALL of it. It looked like a bunch of monkeys dry-humping strokevictims.

The screens we're not well drawn, not well coached, not well executed, not well blocked, not well thrown, nothing.

Or, it's the RT's fault?

Sure, variables variables variables. But 3 of wilsons sacks were him holding the ball for almost 3-4 seconds on a screen play. Thats ridiculous. 2 seconds top. Otherwise youre sacked. Which is what happened.

pehawk

Reaction score
Cartire":pebdcpjd said:
pehawk":pebdcpjd said:

Or, it's the RT's fault?

Sure, variables variables variables. But 3 of wilsons sacks were him holding the ball for almost 3-4 seconds on a screen play. Thats ridiculous. 2 seconds top. Otherwise youre sacked. Which is what happened.

No, on a screen you ACTUALLY WANT to hold the ball as long as possible. You do it against blitz happy teams, point is to try and let them get up field as far as possible. The longer you hold your mud, the better. Wilson's a teachers pet, of course he's going to try and REALLY be a "Gallant" on that play.

They shouldn't of ran it, because they suck at it. That's not just on Britt or Wilson.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
pehawk":10ml2cw8 said:
Cartire":10ml2cw8 said:
pehawk":10ml2cw8 said:

Or, it's the RT's fault?

No, on a screen you ACTUALLY WANT to hold the ball as long as possible. You do it against blitz happy teams, point is to try and let them get up field as far as possible. The longer you hold your mud, the better. Wilson's a teachers pet, of course he's going to try and REALLY be a "Gallant" on that play.

They shouldn't of ran it, because they suck at it. That's not just on Britt or Wilson.

You hold it long enough to allow the line to move into their positions to block. Sure, as long as you can. 3-4 seconds on a screen is to long. Thus why he was sacked 3 times on screen plays. As long as you can on a screen is roughly 2 seconds. Always has been.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hmm, you want to hold the ball at a maximum two seconds on a screen...sounds legit. You swayed me!

pehawk

Reaction score
It's spelled "Aloysius", like Patrick Ewing's middle name (anyone remember the year he came to the PNW to scare campers?). AND, a screen is about the quick throw.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
pehawk":22olb5bh said:

Or, it's the RT's fault?

Hey Pee. Care to share your experience. I can't relate.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cartire":1t2xp01b said:

But honestly, rewatch the game. Britt twice blocked the same guy sweezy had and let a free runner right by him. It was attroshis, and he finally showed his rookie flaws.

3 Screen were not bevells fault. They were entirely on Wilson taking way to long to throw the ball. You cant hold the ball that long on a blitzing card defense. IF you're going to throw screen (which would have countered a lot of the blitz), you have to do it right away. Wilson waited way to long and it was on him.

'Attroshis?' At least use a word you can come close to spelling. [emoji33]

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Cartire":p5upsxc5 said:
Russ Willstrong":p5upsxc5 said:
peachesenregalia":p5upsxc5 said:
Cartire":p5upsxc5 said:
It was attroshis

Good God.

That's just hillarus dude. It's spelt altrocious...

Im drinking and typeing to fast. But ill admit I didnt know how to spell it anyway.

Dude. You're problem isn't so much drinking but that you are typing to fast. Granmar and spelling has a speed limit you know.
When I types with all my fingers and thumbs it gets all screwed ub so I use only two at a time and alternate them so they don't get too tireds or feel left out.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2jrjg45a said:
Cartire":2jrjg45a said:

'Attroshis?' At use a word you can come close to spelling. [emoji33]

Making fun of my spelling while drunk, at the same time using horrible grammar. I love it. "At us a word you can..."

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cartire":7ja4yn6s said:
Natethegreat":7ja4yn6s said:

I know youre being sarcastic, but there were a few on Russell today. The screen sacks in particular. However, most were on the line, and it was blatant. Britt was the biggest offender. Straight shots on him.
Yeah, not sure what option he was waiting for, but at least he didn't try to pump it and stick with the screen.