If you are Bevell, how do you run this offense?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We are obviously lacking in talent at receiver. Our best one is playing as a X receiver when clearly he belongs in the slot. Kearse is capable of hitting big plays down the field, but is often times drowned out for the whole game. He is more of a situational receiver, and the rest of our receivers are under-performing rookies, or career journeyman. We have a bare cupboard to work with, and a QB that is very unconventional. How would YOU personally structure this offense if you were given the opportunity?

Me personally I would go with the Shannahan style of attack. I think Jeremy Bates had it right when he was here. A lot of two tight end sets, and unbalanced lines, a lot of bootlegs to compensate for injuries and poor line play. I would make more use of the i-formation and traditional sets, especially since Patrick Lewis is an unexperienced center. It makes communication with him easier on Russell, especially in a hostile environment. I think the Seahawks need to feature the TEs more in the passing game, I think Helfet and Moeaki have some of the best hands on the team, and Willson can be used to attack the seams with his speed.

The read option would still be a prominent part of the offense, but I would tone things down a bit and get back to the basics.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
More 3 WR sets instead of 5 WR sets, more crossing routes, less screens.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Power run, play action. Screen to Lynch every so often.

Rinse repeat.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mojambo":38a30txj said:

Rinse repeat.

With Patrick Lewis at center and nobody at receiver able to beat jams off the line and get downfield quick? Hard to see Bevell calling plays that his personnel can't perform consistently.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The changes I'd make is starting Lockette in the X spot, moving Baldwin to the slot, and keeping Kearse where he's at. Lockette is a vet receiver and has speed to get vertical. He's more a threat than Richardson or Norwood is at this point. I'd also consider starting Moeaki over Willson. Moeaki showed the ability to get separation and has sure hands. That helped Wilson early on.

bandiger

Reaction score
Mojambo":189uwhwg said:

Rinse repeat.

This is ideal but unfortunately its not creative enough for Bevell, too much Lynch involved.