Was the game vs Cards the loudest the Clink was all year?

seabowl

Reaction score
Just watching the game on TV it seemed like yesterday's crowd was the loudest all year. Can anyone who has been to all the games please respond and confirm or deny?

BTW I think it was John Lynch who said on the broadcast that no matter what the Guiness record says that the Clink is the loudest stadium in the league.

Chawks1

Reaction score
It was pretty obvious to us at home how much louder our fans were during the game than the KC fans were last week. I'm sure Arrowhead gets loud when prompted. But our fans stay loud whenever the other QB is on the field. Gotta love the 12's.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Confirmed. Definitely loudest game all year. It's not even so much the peak, its the sustained sound throughout defense. Although waiting for calls/reviews definitely throws the crowd out of whack. But the main difference is noticing how much quicker the crowd gets going in a division game i.e. As the opponent is about to huddle up vs when they already line up about to snap.

Fans are human too, just like this was a must-win game for the players, the fans felt the stress to do everything we could to help too. I'll admit I probably went a little harder compared to earlier games this season myself.

One thing to also note:

-This is the game with the LEAST amount of opposing fans all year. I mean I saw 6 maybe 8 total Arizona fans the entire day. Lets think about earlier teams this season Broncos, Packers, Cowboys and Raiders. ALL have very large national and/or travelling fanbases.

MB12

Reaction score
Chawks1":l84ur1a9 said:
It was pretty obvious to us at home how much louder our fans were during the game than the KC fans were last week. I'm sure Arrowhead gets loud when prompted. But our fans stay loud whenever the other QB is on the field. Gotta love the 12's.
I loved Lynch saying that the CLINK was definitely the loudest stadium, despite Arrowhead's official record

NINEster

Reaction score
MB12":1xd779ud said:
Chawks1":1xd779ud said:
I loved Lynch saying that the CLINK was definitely the loudest stadium, despite Arrowhead's official record

Psychoacoustics.

Arrowhead probably does have higher SPL based on the measurements, but at the same time the Link probably "feels" louder.

Both can be correct.

Sound perception is not a simple thing. It could very well be that the Link is amplified in the more hard to hear frequencies, making the difference.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Without a doubt.. Yesterday the buzz in the building was fantastic.. Felt like a playoff game.

gulliver

Reaction score
I was at the KC game and they really wanted to rub our nose in the noise thing when we came to town.

I saw signage (electronic, and permanent) all over the stadium saying "Welcome to the NFL's Loudest Stadium" and all sorts of tributes to the # that they hit. At the tailgate, they would venture over and brag about how loud their stadium was. There were several other incidences of them hanging their hat on the superior noise, including many that were clearly up especially for the Seahawks game for our fans to see.

In the game though, I was sat with a bunch of Chiefs fans and--not even trying to be a homer here--was not impressed by the noise. The sustained noise is like an above average NFL team, but not even Top 5.

What's special about the Clink is that we weren't TRYING to break decibel records for the sake of breaking decibel records. Beastquake was a spontaneous reaction. The noise at our rivalry games was spontaneous. The Chiefs wanted our scalp (no pun intended) SO BADLY--they sang the Tomahawk ditty for 45 minutes in the streets after they beat us--and yet they completely failed to impress with what must have been above average noise for KC.

Their decibel record was the result of an official Chiefs campaign where the reader boards asked drunk fans in the moment to scream specifically to set a record, and showed them the decibel meter ongoing. This is vastly more official and organized than anything I know at the Clink, which was unofficial and not a focus of the game. What's more, talking to Chiefs fans at the game, they couldn't process that it's easier to make noise when you have nearly 20% more people.

In so many words, their "record" had nothing to do with the Chiefs or their fans. It's basically a formula of "find anywhere 80k drunks are gathered and have the organization officially ask them to scream for 5 seconds to set a record."

I'm glad to see we're letting that sleeping dog lie, as 67k people will fundamentally never be able to top 80k when the contest has become more about the record than the team or the fan base.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I only went to Oakland and this weekends AZ game. It was louder than the Oakland game, but it was louder than the Denver and Green Bay?

BTW, there were hardly ANY Arizona fans there at all.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3qswabxl said:

My brother and were talking about the same thing yesterday. It seemed like the Hawk to Cards fan ratio was 200:1.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":wqqyckdn said:
ZorntoLargent":wqqyckdn said:

My brother and were talking about the same thing yesterday. It seemed like the Hawk to Cards fan ratio was 200:1.

Yeah, in the 2 hours BEFORE I went into the stadium, I saw maybe 20 Cardinal fans.
The Raiders game? I saw a thousand easily.

Hawks46

Reaction score
gulliver":2ie3vyb7 said:
I was at the KC game and they really wanted to rub our nose in the noise thing when we came to town.

I saw signage (electronic, and permanent) all over the stadium saying "Welcome to the NFL's Loudest Stadium" and all sorts of tributes to the # that they hit. At the tailgate, they would venture over and brag about how loud their stadium was. There were several other incidences of them hanging their hat on the superior noise, including many that were clearly up especially for the Seahawks game for our fans to see.

In the game though, I was sat with a bunch of Chiefs fans and--not even trying to be a homer here--was not impressed by the noise. The sustained noise is like an above average NFL team, but not even Top 5.

What's special about the Clink is that we weren't TRYING to break decibel records for the sake of breaking decibel records. Beastquake was a spontaneous reaction. The noise at our rivalry games was spontaneous. The Chiefs wanted our scalp (no pun intended) SO BADLY--they sang the Tomahawk ditty for 45 minutes in the streets after they beat us--and yet they completely failed to impress with what must have been above average noise for KC.

Their decibel record was the result of an official Chiefs campaign where the reader boards asked drunk fans in the moment to scream specifically to set a record, and showed them the decibel meter ongoing. This is vastly more official and organized than anything I know at the Clink, which was unofficial and not a focus of the game. What's more, talking to Chiefs fans at the game, they couldn't process that it's easier to make noise when you have nearly 20% more people.

In so many words, their "record" had nothing to do with the Chiefs or their fans. It's basically a formula of "find anywhere 80k drunks are gathered and have the organization officially ask them to scream for 5 seconds to set a record."

I'm glad to see we're letting that sleeping dog lie, as 67k people will fundamentally never be able to top 80k when the contest has become more about the record than the team or the fan base.

You could tell the organization and players threw EVERYTHING they had at beating the Seahawks. That was their Superbowl (until the play Denver again). The proof ? They were all up to beat us, then came out flat and lost to the Raiders.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
gulliver":2qeiqam6 said:

I was also at the KC game and I concur. They got loud a couple of times but Seahawks fans at the CLink are consistently louder. And the constant reminders about their record, the pre-game "loudest stadium in the world" presentation, and the random Chiefs fans coming up to me out of the blue to say, "we're louder" just got pathetic after a while. If they are so desperate to have the noise record, let them have it. Lynch is right, though: the CLink is louder.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":30xyc05g said:
Hawk_Nation":30xyc05g said:
ZorntoLargent":30xyc05g said:

Yeah, in the 2 hours BEFORE I went into the stadium, I saw maybe 20 Cardinal fans.
The Raiders game? I saw a thousand easily.

I think we counted 6. We saw two heading into stadium walking around, 2 in our area, and 2 leaving. Amazing.

Nice turnout Card fans! :lol:

Greenhell

Reaction score
Even watching the game on TV, one could tell how much louder it was yesterday than in previous home games. RIGHT ON 12s!!! Keep that ish up!

titan3131

Reaction score
Me and my wife attended yeaterday. And I'm still coping with how at least 25% of hawks fans never even yell.

I'm over hear screaming my head off and this punk kid with the gayest small mohawk, pervy facial hair,in front of me is talking to this chick and dissing her friends half the game. I almost said something...

Being my first game I tried to get people screaming right before the huddle. It worked but obviously had a delay. I really felt apart of thw game though. On thise big 3rd downs the 12s had a great performance.

I truly believe the lack sound is from the bandwagoners. Its "cool" to have a jersey, coool to go to the game.

I want to win so just as my team gives it all on the field.

SO DO I!!!

IF YOU'RE NOT LOUD YOU AIN'T PROUD.

2_0_6

Reaction score
titan3131":erd0brwz said:
Me and my wife attended yeaterday. And I'm still coping with how at least 25% of hawks fans never even yell.

I'm over hear screaming my head off and this punk kid with the gayest small mohawk, pervy facial hair,in front of me is talking to this chick and dissing her friends half the game. I almost said something...

Being my first game I tried to get people screaming right before the huddle. It worked but obviously had a delay. I really felt apart of thw game though. On thise big 3rd downs the 12s had a great performance.

I truly believe the lack sound is from the bandwagoners. Its "cool" to have a jersey, coool to go to the game.

I want to win so just as my team gives it all on the field.

SO DO I!!!

IF YOU'RE NOT LOUD YOU AIN'T PROUD.

Watch what you say, I created a thread about this and seemed to throw gas on an open fire. It pissed off people that I wasn't intending to.. :lol:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3j2y4r4h said:
Watch what you say, I created a thread about this and seemed to throw gas on an open fire. It pissed off people that I wasn't intending to.. :lol:

No, your thread wasn't about this. It was about season ticket holders, and it was offensive.

The comment in this thread is a bit useless -- anyone who cares enough about the Seahawks to be on this board isn't going to the games and standing around playing with their cellphone or talking to friends all game -- but it's not an offensive comment.

Calling out people on this board, specifically, or calling out season ticket holders, THAT is offensive.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Re-read my posts on there, it was directed at the ones who are keeping their season ticket spot strictly for profit and selling. That's their right obviously, but shameful at the same time. Nothing was mentioned about the seasoned fans that go and cheer their asses off like most of us.

The fans in my section I was referring to showed up this week. Surprise surprise.