The Crowd and Motivation were on our side against AZ...

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Can we win a game where the opposite is true?

Santa Clara is going to be rockin' with the homeless and future inmates drunk on a Thursday afternoon. SC has come off an UGLY win against a god-awful Washington team.

How do the Seahawks respond to being the bullies again?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Um. Everything I've heard is that the new Santa Clara stadium is a mess. A lot of long team season ticket holders were priced out of the new stadium. It's also too expensive for the middle class fans, or for families. As a result they've got a lot of white wine drinking late to the seats sort of folks in there, and quite a few opposing fans. Thanksgiving at 5:30 local time isn't exactly what most people want... when you factor in travel time, you're going to give up the entire Thanksgiving day experience for a football game. So, I question what kind of energy and enthusiasm they'll get.

It also sounds like the stadium itself is poorly designed, with badly organized parking, narrow aisles, inadequate bathrooms, and so forth. There's been a lot of bitching in the SF media about all of this as in "sure, you can order beer from your seat, but good luck getting to the bathroom and back during halftime".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1he0a6ea said:
Santa Clara is going to be rockin' with the homeless and future inmates drunk on a Thursday afternoon. SC has come off an UGLY win against a god-awful Washington team.

Levi Stadium has yet to be rockin' this year, in fact it's been a disaster of a home field advantage.

Not sure, but if I had to bet I bet there's going to be a LOT of Hawks fans traveling down for this game who bought tix from the lame ass Niner fans who apparently don't like traveling to Santa Clara.

This pic is from my Niner's buddy on Facebook yesterday. 1:29 left in the game with the game still in doubt

1510484_10205106067074237_3157978067193588338_n.jpg

Pathetic.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
D needs to play like did yesterday. Special teams and Offense need to get us to 20. I think thats the winning number this game.

Would love if we could score on D somehow. Malcolm Smith is due a little magic right?

dunceface

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3ijkal3z said:
D needs to play like did yesterday. Special teams and Offense need to get us to 20. I think thats the winning number this game.

Would love if we could score on D somehow. Malcolm Smith is due a little magic right?

Yeah

With Wagner back it really allows him to play that support role he exceeded in last year

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Santa Clara fans were loud when they were on the road in Dallas.

But at home? Not so much...

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'm in San Francisco for business on a regular basis, and attend the Seahawks game there every season. Haven't seen a 49er fan since last season in the city. Lots of Giants fans, no 49er fans. It's back to normal for that team. Most fairweather fanbase in the NFL.

They've always had poor support, poor crowds, low-energy home games, etc. Especially when you compare to places like Cleveland and Buffalo where the teams suck, but the fans are passionate and loyal and show up to every game. In San Francisco, the local teams only get support when they're good, probably due to having so many pro sports teams in the area, and when they do get support it's just not like what you see here and in other markets where the local football team is the premier attraction.

I'm not surprised to see Levi's Stadium empty. Especially late in the game. The fans in SF are not the kind you see in KC and Seattle.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":z2zsygrj said:
Can we win a game where the opposite is true?

How do the Seahawks respond to being the bullies again?

The 49ers have strung together 3 by-the-skin-of-their-teeth wins now, with an OT game against the now 4-7 Saints, taking advantage of 5 Giants turnovers to win by a score of 16-10, and then at home against Washington where they were trailing in the 4th quarter and only won by 4.

The pessimist in me thinks that the 49ers will get up in a way for the Seahawks that they haven't been able to in these other games. The optimist in me thinks that the 49ers have been playing crap football for a month and a half now, and that our D should destroy the 49ers. The realist in me thinks that each game is about matchups, and every road game is difficult, especially against a solid defense. I think Seattle should win this game. I don't think it's going to be easy.