Niner fans here: How's the crowd at the new stadium?

byau

Reaction score
Hey Niners fans here

Per this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101710

I'm just curious to here your thoughts of what you've seen now at the 49ers games this year?

The 49ers are still the team I am most scared of this season, I think both 49ers and Seahawks have the best potential of all teams in the NFC (and it's a shame both teams seem to have gotten to a slower start and hampered by injuries) and 49ers seem to have the Seahawks number when it comes to when they host the Seahawks.

So curious how you feel about the new stadium and the buzz about hosting the Seahawks? Big time game this past Sunday you guys squeaked out the win and AZ on a possible downtick

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Regardless of how their crowd has been all year. I'm pretty sure their fan base will wake up for the Seahawk game.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1yqrz5cl said:
Regardless of how their crowd has been all year. I'm pretty sure their fan base will wake up for the Seahawk game.

Good call, yes I don't doubt that. Similar to how many are echo-ing that the crowd woke up for the AZ game this year.

But it definitely seemed like there was a huge buzz and build up to the game, even shadowed here on this forum that people (me included) were really starting to feel that desparation.

So curious not just about the stadium but also about the buzz.

The 49ers have to be really happy to still be step in step with the Seahawks with a possible downtick with AZ. This game could potentially decide who will get boosted to the NFC West title.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I was there yesterday.

How was the crowd? Fairly quiet for most of the game. For the most part it was kinda the "I think something bad is about to happen because it seems to have happened all year in this place" kinda dull roar for most of the game. It was like the entire crowd was on the edge of their seat because....once again....they were playing down to the level of their opponent and were letting a bad team hang around all day.

Once they scored that go ahead touchdown at the end tho...it got LOUD. That final Redskins series was deafening.

I can't put it in Clink territory because I've never been there (I don't think it's close), but it was the loudest I've heard it at Levis.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":m8spjclq said:

Maybe. But I could also see a big chunk of Niner season ticket holders not wanting to travel to Santa Clara on Thanksgiving when they got their ticket package before the season started.........and thus seeing a LOT of Hawks fans at this game (or not a full house like some of these home games have looked like).

Don't get me wrong, the Niners are still a good team. But there seems to be this negative pall over the organization with Harbaugh's drama, not a lot of faith in Kaeperstink and some of the other player grumblings we've heard this year.

So I think that's what we're seeing in the stands, kind of a "prove it first before we commit to getting all crazy over this team" attitude from the Niner fanbase.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39sj80r3 said:
ZagHawk":39sj80r3 said:

Maybe. But I could also see a big chunk of Niner season ticket holders not wanting to travel to Santa Clara on Thanksgiving when they got their ticket package before the season started.........and thus seeing a LOT of Hawks fans at this game (or not a full house like some of these home games have looked like).

Don't get me wrong, the Niners are still a good team. But there seems to be this negative pall over the organization with Harbaugh's drama, not a lot of faith in Kaeperstink and some of the other player grumblings we've heard this year.

So I think that's what we're seeing in the stands, kind of a "prove it first before we commit to getting all crazy over this team" attitude from the Niner fanbase.

Just to comment on that first part...

Most of the Season Ticket Holders don't have to "travel" to Santa Clara on Thanksgiving.

Over 50% (the largest block of fans) of the Season Ticket Holders AT CANDLESTICK were from the South Bay, NOT SF. SF residents only made up like 15% of the Season Ticket Holders.

IE, in moving to Santa Clara, the 49ers moved CLOSER to their fanbase, not farther away.

As for whom sold their tickets or didn't...no idea how it will work out...but I don't think being in Santa Clara over SF will make any difference at all.

EDIT: Also "Not a full house"....

Niners have sold out the entire season. When you are seeing are the club sections on the Visitor sideline that early in the year were hot as hell. Those peeps have access to the expensive AIR CONDITIONED clubs...so vacated their seats to cool off.

Kinda sucks the way it looks on TV and takes away form the noise, but that's what you are seeing particularly right after halftime. Was much better yesterday as it was only about 65 degrees.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":oresm8pp said:

Most of the Season Ticket Holders don't have to "travel" to Santa Clara on Thanksgiving.

Over 50% (the largest block of fans) of the Season Ticket Holders AT CANDLESTICK were from the South Bay, NOT SF. SF residents only made up like 15% of the Season Ticket Holders.

IE, in moving to Santa Clara, the 49ers moved CLOSER to their fanbase, not farther away.

As for whom sold their tickets or didn't...no idea how it will work out...but I don't think being in Santa Clara over SF will make any difference at all.

I said a big chunk, so even 20% of fans selling their tickets or not showing up makes huge difference in having a good home field advantage.........and you can say whatever you want, the Niners have not had the same HFA this year as they had at Candlestick. Not even close.

Niners have sold out the entire season. When you are seeing are the club sections on the Visitor sideline that early in the year were hot as hell. Those peeps have access to the expensive AIR CONDITIONED clubs...so vacated their seats to cool off.

Kinda sucks the way it looks on TV and takes away form the noise, but that's what you are seeing particularly right after halftime. Was much better yesterday as it was only about 65 degrees.

This was better yesterday? 1:29 left in the game my friend, not early in year or right after halftime. Which btw are both lame excuses anyway. Either your fans are passionate about getting their asses in their seats and screaming or they're not, and this year the Niner fans are not.

1510484_10205106067074237_3157978067193588338_n.jpg

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":268rrafb said:
Marvin49":268rrafb said:

I said a big chunk, so even 20% of fans selling their tickets or not showing up makes huge difference in having a good home field advantage.........and you can say whatever you want, the Niners have not had the same HFA this year as they had at Candlestick. Not even close.

This was better yesterday? 1:29 left in the game my friend, not early in year or right after halftime. Which btw are both lame excuses anyway. Either your fans are passionate about getting their asses in their seats and screaming or they're not, and this year the Niner fans are not.

There is a lot to do and see at the new stadium all while you can still watch the game from anyone of the huge monitors posted all over the stadium. We have never needed a loud stadium to win games therefore our fans are free to move about the stadium without fear of criticism from fellow fans for not sitting in their seats yelling there heads off. If that's your fan's thing great, to each his own.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Wow. That's lame. A game that tight, and that many people have left?

Contrast with the Seahawks game yesterday where it took me over 10 minutes just to get to the aisle from my seat, when the game ended, because no one had left...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3jx4upox said:
There is a lot to do and see at the new stadium all while you can still watch the game from anyone of the huge monitors posted all over the stadium. We have never needed a loud stadium to win games therefore our fans are free to move about the stadium without fear of criticism from fellow fans for not sitting in their seats yelling there heads off. If that's your fan's thing great, to each his own.

That's interesting. Watching the game on a big monitor? Seems like you could do that from home, I dunno, and wouldn't have to pay for a ticket.

:stirthepot:

I'm not buying it. These people have left because they are lame non-fans. They are trying to get to their cars to start out of the parking lot before the mass of fans leaves. It's ridiculous and stupid.

2_0_6

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":24fp1i49 said:
Sgt. Largent":24fp1i49 said:
Marvin49":24fp1i49 said:

Wow, I don't know what I'm more shocked by. Your lame duck excuse for the fans not being in their seats, how you mention that you don't need crowd noise to help with winning, or how empty that stadium actually was with less than 2 minutes to go in the 4th.

Maybe the crowd noise one especially, since there have been several online videos in regards to your new stadium in SANTA CLARA on how it was designed to reflect crowd noise off the structures back to the field. You might not think its important, but apparently your front office does. Maybe they will send out another "how to cheer" letter in a group email. :49ersmall:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1iwp983u said:
lvnginhwktwn":1iwp983u said:

That's interesting. Watching the game on a big monitor? Seems like you could do that from home, I dunno, and wouldn't have to pay for a ticket.

:stirthepot:

I'm not buying it. These people have left because they are lame non-fans. They are trying to get to their cars to start out of the parking lot before the mass of fans leaves. It's ridiculous and stupid.

Just saying its not imperative that as a fan you remain in your seat, you can enjoy the environment of being at an actual game, see the sites and still watch the game.

And i'm sure the 49er fans and organisation could care less whether you're buying it.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":wmsqcnbb said:
lvnginhwktwn":wmsqcnbb said:
Sgt. Largent":wmsqcnbb said:
Marvin49":wmsqcnbb said:

Wow, I don't know what I'm more shocked by. Your lame duck excuse for the fans not being in their seats, how you mention that you don't need crowd noise to help with winning, or how empty that stadium actually was with less than 2 minutes to go in the 4th.

Maybe the crowd noise one especially, since there have been several online videos in regards to your new stadium in SANTA CLARA on how it was designed to reflect crowd noise off the structures back to the field. You might not think its important, but apparently your front office does. Maybe they will send out another "how to cheer" letter in a group email. :49ersmall:

You need to reread the article, it talks about the designs purpose is to keep noise levels down on the surrounding areas outside the stadium, not reflect noise back on to the field.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3j5r5nfw said:

That's laughable to me that'd you'd be OK with this many fans just hanging out in the concourse watching the last two minutes of a close game and not being in their seats cheering.

I guess that's a microcosm of why we have the best HFA in the league, and the Niners are just another run of the mill fan base.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Because Im a nice guy, I will not only post the link but also the paragraph Im referring to.

Marathe said the “small footprint” of the stadium means fans will be closer to the action and their voices will be heard louder. Also, the suite tower on the west side of the stadium has just 35 rows of lower-level seats in front of it. With most of the fans located on the east side, the sound from behind the visiting sideline is expected to hit the suite tower and reverberate back to the playing field.

:49ersmall:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/levis-s ... andlestick

carry on

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3jbhycih said:
Because Im a nice guy, I will not only post the link but also the paragraph Im referring to.

Marathe said the “small footprint” of the stadium means fans will be closer to the action and their voices will be heard louder. Also, the suite tower on the west side of the stadium has just 35 rows of lower-level seats in front of it. With most of the fans located on the east side, the sound from behind the visiting sideline is expected to hit the suite tower and reverberate back to the playing field.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/levis-s ... andlestick

carry on

So are you trying to say that Levi is designed specifically to increase the noise level and the Clink is not?

And again, we don't need to be as loud as your stadium to win. Obviously your fan base feels they need to be loud to win or there wouldn't be so many post about fans not yelling, sitting in the seats playing with phones, etc. Don't try to say you don't need loud to win and then cry and criticize your fellow fans because are not up to par when it comes to making noise.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I never said the CLink wasn't. We just have smarter guys up here designing buildings fully within the rules. My point was maybe YOU don't think crowd noise makes a difference or is unimportant, but your front office and ownership group does.

Chawks1

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1ubjvp1t said:
Sgt. Largent":1ubjvp1t said:
Marvin49":1ubjvp1t said:

^^^^Thus no home field advantage....your fans and record at Levis speak for itself.....fans not willing to sit down and cheer their team to provide support because they'd rather walk around and watch the game on TV's in the stadium.? Sounds like fans with more $$$ than interest in the team. Sad.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":6ltu86fj said:
I never said the CLink wasn't. We just have smarter guys up here designing buildings fully within the rules. My point was maybe YOU don't think crowd noise makes a difference or is unimportant, but your front office and ownership group does.

That's them, obviously the fans which is to whom the criticism is being made dosen't.