Is Thursday another MUST WIN?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
It really is, is it not? gotta pretty much win out against division opponents to make the playoffs.
Who in the NFC is headed for a tailpipe job, as in choke of epic proportions? Lions? Cowpatties? Eagles? all of those look ripe for a collapse.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Win need to win out. Period.

The only exception IMO, would be if the Cards, now with the Hawk Hangover, implode.

Having said that, I have no clue about the mathematic possibilities.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
We would probably get in with an 11-5 record, but this week has to be considered another must-win in terms of the division race. The Cards are slightly favored on Sunday, and if we allow them to stretch their lead back out to three then we're probably out of the NFC West race.

A loss here wouldn't end our wildcard hopes though.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anyone know how it works if we were to finish tied with the niners and split with them in the regular season? Whats the second tiebreaker? I feel like we can lose one more game, maybe even two and make the playoffs, but this is not the one you want to lose.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly, and this is coming from a Niner fan....

....I think the loser on Thurs will miss the playoffs. If the Niners lose...I think it's worse because Seattle will still have the home game tho.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
getnasty":3hzja7hn said:
Anyone know how it works if we were to finish tied with the niners and split with them in the regular season? Whats the second tiebreaker? I feel like we can lose one more game, maybe even two and make the playoffs, but this is not the one you want to lose.
We pretty much need to also beat both the Cards and Rams giving us the division tie-breaker (4-2 to 3-3 in this case.) However, we would lose a tie-breaker if we both ended 3-3 in the division (Niners would have a better common games record.) Seeming though that we would be at best 10-6 in that case, not sure it would make much difference.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3959ibxs said:
m0ng0":3959ibxs said:
we gotta keep going 1-0 every week and see where the chips fall

Thank you Russell Wilson

How crappy does RW feel when he goes 0-1 in a week. He must want to quit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BlueTalons":885e59ky said:
getnasty":885e59ky said:
We pretty much need to also beat both the Cards and Rams giving us the division tie-breaker (4-2 to 3-3 in this case.) However, we would lose a tie-breaker if we both ended 3-3 in the division (Niners would have a better common games record.) Seeming though that we would be at best 10-6 in that case, not sure it would make much difference.

Correct...I believe Tie Breaker goes...

Head-to-Head
Division Record
Conference Record.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Close to a must win, but if we were to lose, we would still control our own destiny vs the niners on the tie-breaker by winning the last 4 games. In that case our record would be

Seahawks 11-5 (4-2 division)
49ers 11-5 (3-3 division)
Cards ?????????

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
No question. This week is a MUST win, as are all of the remaining games. We still have a shot at getting the number 1 seed if we win out. Green Bay losing to the Pats this week would also be very helpful.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Marvin49":229halgu said:
BlueTalons":229halgu said:
getnasty":229halgu said:

Head-to-Head
Division Record
Conference Record.
I thought so too, but it goes common games before conference record:

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more teams in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two teams
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the teams).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Cartire

Reaction score
So apparently its possible for us to win out, go 12-4 and still miss the playoffs. Its highly unlikely, but just the fact that thats a possibility means every game from here on out is a must win.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Seems like the odds are stacked against us. But it always seems that way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BlueTalons":nd9cx899 said:
Marvin49":nd9cx899 said:
BlueTalons":nd9cx899 said:
getnasty":nd9cx899 said:

Head-to-Head
Division Record
Conference Record.
I thought so too, but it goes common games before conference record:

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more teams in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two teams
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the teams).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Interesting.

I think it's still Head-to-head, Division Record, Conference Record tho in deciding Wild Card.