Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said it was a complete effort yesterday

Thought the twelves were also on their game

on Lynch and the short week.....Just going to go through the process. We'll take care of him. We'll expect that he'll be ready to go

Wagner looked "just normal" no rust and came out of the game looking great. Was in good condition/shape

On the players "attitude adjustment"....said the players made a real nice shift toward getting to where we want to get. Yesterday was a true team effort of guys playing for each other. We have to be sure to bring that same effort this week.

Said that it was a topic that he was on and then he was able to step back and the players took that message amongst themselves and said he won't get more into depth about it.

on protection....we had all kinds of problems. Beat 1 on 1, scheme issues, held the ball too long. This is a good defense that caused all kinds of problems. Said Russell did a good job of staying true and working through the adjustments they made during the game.

Difference between Unger and Lewis, is Lewis gets some help making calls where Unger takes command there. Lewis did a good job in his blocking yesterday.

on Carpenter...said he could have gone, but wasn't quite right and then wouldn't have been able to go on Thursday so they made the decision to hold him out one more game. (sounds like he'll be ready this week)

Helfet sprained his ankle. He's handled stuff well. We'll see what happens. (sounds like a game day decision)

Says the players really feed off of each other. Said Kam's play lifts the play of those around him with his physical style of play. Said it was the best he's felt in awhile. Added that Bobby coming back had a similar effect.

Said Thomas is having the time of this life. He's continuing to learn and grow and loves everything there is about football, from studying to practices to game day. He plays with an infectious manner and way. Everyday he's like that. A great demonstration of leadership.

Burly has a chance to get back this week.

KPL doesn't seem to be good. won't be back this week. Said there may be more news on that later this week. Asked if he's going to IR, pete said not yet, but it sounds like it's an option they are seriously considering, so don't be surprised if that happens. (If so, it's a shame, because I really like this guy)

All the games we've played in San Fran have been tight games.

Asked if anything tougher than playing Arizona and SanFran back to back, he said it's like this the rest of the year, back to back to back to back touch games.

on Lockette...loved the way he played yesterday. Seized every opportunity. A great part of a great field position day.

Moeaki is fitting in really well. Did a nice job. There's a lot of ways for him to continue to get better.

On officiating....Never griping about what they are calling on us. Said there is quite a gap between what's called on us and on the opponent. Didn't seem to want to get into it and I don't blame him with the way the league likes to penalize this type of thing. Said he thinks it's fascinating that when USC won a championship, their opponents were the least penalized as well.

Said playing on Thursday is a huge challenge for ever player, not just guys like Lynch. On the other side though they get the benefit of extra time.

says Norwood did well when given the chance. Said Peterson made a great play on the deep pass.

on Hyde. Says he's really good. They loved him in the draft. Good and strong with good speed. Great 1/2 punch with Gore.

Gave a pretty good speech to a reporter asking about Lynch's non responsive access to reporters yesterday. Said they really should respect the players for who they are. Some will give more responsive answers and some will be less, but they should respect the individuals and let them be themselves. (I couldn't type this up well enough to do it justice, but that was the basic gist of it)

That's it for today

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm with you on KPL kidhawk as are a lot of others here. Guy can play. A shame for sure if he's lost for the season.

Thanks as always for the summary.

pehawk

Reaction score
Pete always likes to knock Wagner down a peg or two when he can. When asked about his tackle numbers earlier in the year he said something like "well, he benefits from a system that gets the MLB a lot of tackles".

He just will never glow over Wagner.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Who was the smeghead reporter at the end that asked what Pete was going to do about guys that weren't giving good answers at press conferences?

I thought Pete gave a great answer, btw.

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":355oe0rf said:
Gave a pretty good speech to a reporter asking about Lynch's non responsive access to reporters yesterday. Said they really should respect the players for who they are. Some will give more responsive answers and some will be less, but they should respect the individuals and let them be themselves. (I couldn't type this up well enough to do it justice, but that was the basic gist of it)

Sounded like that guy was almost lecturing Pete for not getting on Marshawn. Even toward the end, even Pete didn't understand what the question was.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":1abwwacb said:
kidhawk":1abwwacb said:

Sounded like that guy was almost lecturing Pete for not getting on Marshawn. Even toward the end, even Pete didn't understand what the question was.

That's how I heard it from the reporter too, but it sounded to me like Pete turned it into a little lesson to the reporters. At least that's how I heard it

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-13-Monday-Press-Conference/73b9db78-c2ab-46e1-9762-59c9e36b0fb7[/urltargetblank]

Press Conference is uploaded for your viewing pleasure now

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2ki7dohf said:
Pete always likes to knock Wagner down a peg or two when he can. When asked about his tackle numbers earlier in the year he said something like "well, he benefits from a system that gets the MLB a lot of tackles".

He just will never glow over Wagner.

Funny, on Brock and Salk this morning he said he told Wagner after the game "I didn't know you were that important."

HansGruber

Reaction score
I love how Pete ended that interview.

We respect the hell out of Marshawn for who he is, and we really wish the media would too.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HansGruber":2dpuybvs said:
I love how Pete ended that interview.

We respect the hell out of Marshawn for who he is, and we really wish the media would too.

Pete stuck it to the man and provided a pretty intelligent response to a rather stupid question.

Your job revolves around prying information from people, regardless of if they want to talk or not. I somehow don't feel bad for you.

I work in sports info/media but I won't try to defend it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Man Pete is really slick. I love the way he put it out there that the officiating is really biased against us, but he went all NCAA on their ass and so it wasn't criticizing the NFL. Smooth.

Bummer about KPL, but if there's one spot on the roster we're ok with having an injury, it's LBer with Bobby back.

I hope Helfet can play. He had a big impact this last game and I can see him riding some confidence into SF. Quicker TE's have had good luck against the Niners, and from what I've seen, their LBers aren't as good in coverage as Bowman and Willis were. If Willson is healthy, he might have a good game as well.