Will Seattle win this division?

CardsForever

Reaction score
I'm curious where you guys see this team finishing. The way the league has back-logged all of the division games it really leaves things wide open.

I think Seattle actually has a decent shot even at 11-5 IF they beat Arizona again. This is assuming that the Cards finish 2-3 down the stretch tying Seattle at 11-5. With the toughest schedule left in the NFL I see the Seahawks dropping at least 1 more.

The 49ers are surprisingly still alive as well. I just don't see this team winning the division given the fact they still have to play Seattle twice.

I really don't know what to think about the Cardinals at the moment. If they can manage to beat a struggling Falcons team this week and win their remaining home games (where they are currently 6-0) then they will get to 12 wins and wrap up the division. That's a big IF...those last two home games are against KC and Seattle. The best thing the Cardinals could do for themselves is get to 12-2 and not have to worry about the Seattle game being a must win. (The Cardinals should be am favored to win their next three: at Atlanta, KC at home, at St. Louis). We'll see what happens.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Can we win the division ? yup. Will we ? That's a tough one.

I'd honestly say, if our defense is back and stays healthy, I like our chances. We'll get our Center (Unger) back before the end of the year, so that will really help us.

It really depends on a couple of things:

If Seattle sweeps AZ
If Seattle sweeps the 49ers
If AZ runs the table outside of the division.

I see 4 lose able games for Arizona: Seattle, KC, @49ers, @ STL. I think you beat ATL, but the KC game isn't a gimme. They're a good team and their game translates well to the road. Alex Smith is also used to playing in AZ.

STL is a true wild card. You can spank the heck out of them one game, then they come back and dominate a Denver team, beat us by a couple of fluke ST plays, and squeak one out against the 49ers. If you get the Rams on a bad day, they can beat you and make you look bad. I still think AZ wins this one, but I'd put it at 50/50 in their house.

Seattle game, I honestly think we win down there again. We've won what, the last 2 down there ? So it's not the tough place for us to play than it is for a lot of teams.

SF. This one is tricky. They own AZ at their house (they own us as well). If we sweep them, I'm not sure they beat you as they won't have much to play for in that last game, and Harbaugh is likely gone. If we split with them, then we'll likely need you to beat them. The easiest way for us to win the division is for us to sweep them, sweep AZ, and have the Niners hang a loss on the Cards. That's a lot to hope for.

At this point, we need help to win the division. If we win out, we'd have 12 wins. You only need to go 3-2 to get to 12 wins. To win the division, we need to sweep you (that's 1 loss) and have you lose one more. Then we'd win a tie breaker. I honestly don't see us winning out.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Really depends on how Stanton does on the road in the coming weeks, let's say the Seahawks Win @SF then Arizona gets upset @ATL. It's still possible that the Cards finish 8-0 at home, beat the Seahawks in Week 16 but lose the division.

Seattle 11-5 (4-2 division)
@SF - Win
@Philly - Win
Vs. SF - Win
@Arizona - Loss
Vs. STL - Win

Arizona 11-5 (3-3 division)
@ATL - Loss
Vs. KC - Win
@STL - Loss
Vs. Seattle - Win
@SF - Loss

Stanton is 1-2 on the road this year, how he does in the next 3 road games will determine the Cards season. The same could be said for the Seahawks who have been in a lot of close road games, how both teams play away from their home stadiums will determine everything.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think NFC West odds right now are something like 40% Cards, 35% Hawks, 25% 49ers. Statistics would put the Cards odds much higher but would miss the huge difference between Palmer (6-0 with 63% completion) and Stanton (3-2 with 54% completion).

CardsForever":17q9bip7 said:
The best thing the Cardinals could do for themselves is get to 12-2 and not have to worry about the Seattle game being a must win. (The Cardinals should be am favored to win their next three: at Atlanta, KC at home, at St. Louis). We'll see what happens.
Not sure you are going to be favored vs. KC, let's see how the Falcons game goes first. I think the Chiefs D is good enough to shut down your offense and win a low scoring game.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks are never going to lose another game. Any other thought is for losers.

:p

RiverDog

Reaction score
Boy, I dunno. After watching Sunday's game, I think I might have over rated the Cards a tad. Stanton looked really bad, and I don't think his poor play can be rationalized by the play of our defense or the presence of the 12th man. He's a boom or bust quarterback and can be beat by taking the big play away from him. I don't think us winning the division will be dependent on us running the table as I can see the Cards going 3-3 or worse down the stretch even though their schedule appears pretty weak in comparison to ours.

But we'll see. Our Turkey Day game against the 49'ers will be a better gauge of our chances. If we win and look good in doing it, I can see us going 5-1 and winning the division. It's a whacky year, and this back loading of intra divisional games opens up a whole lot of possibilities. We could very realistically go anywhere from running the table and not only win the division but HFA as well to not even making the playoffs. The league has never had a situation where the division leader is three games below .500, but they do now.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I believe the Hawks will go 11-5. That means we probably won't win the division, so it's off to ATL or NO for us.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I think that if the Seahawks win the game in Glendale (I won't be as cocky about that one as I was about this home date) then they have a pretty decent chance to win the division. I do tend to think that the Cards land at 11-5 on the season, so I think it's very likely within Seattle's control to overtake them. With that said, these next two games are tough.

If we lose on Thursday then we allow Arizona a chance to go back up by three games, and if that happens with only four games left then probably forget it. If we win on Thursday we'll be breathing right down Arizona's necks. If this week sees a combo of Seattle win/Arizona loss, I'll absolutely believe that Seattle is winning the division.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Reaneypark":9sawszsv said:
I believe the Hawks will go 11-5. That means we probably won't win the division, so it's off to ATL or NO for us.
This is how I feel too, though if the D plays like we know they're capable of playing and like we saw Sun., 12-4 is possible. I think 12-4 wins the division.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":2xsyu070 said:
PM Aros, see if he will ask the 8 Ball, that's the only way to know, for sure.
:{)

Psst...we retired that 8-ball. Bad mojo to bring it out of retirement for just a paltry game. Need a new fully charged 8-ball to see this season thru. 8)

BullHawk33

Reaction score
At the beginning of the season, I thought we'd win 10 games. The schedule was tough and it has been just like it looked. Sitting at 7-4, I think we will still make it to 10 wins, but there is a lot of football to play left and we're in a good position to make a run. I'm going to assume that we win the remaining games at home (9-4). Given how the teams are playing, I think we finally win in San Francisco (finally! 10-4), which means we only have the Eagles and Cardinals. I would expect to split those games, leaving us at 11-5.

Either way, the last 2 games will matter, making this a fun season.

OP
OP
C

CardsForever

Reaction score
RiverDog":1a5ur7wo said:
Boy, I dunno. After watching Sunday's game, I think I might have over rated the Cards a tad. Stanton looked really bad, and I don't think his poor play can be rationalized by the play of our defense or the presence of the 12th man. He's a boom or bust quarterback and can be beat by taking the big play away from him. I don't think us winning the division will be dependent on us running the table as I can see the Cards going 3-3 or worse down the stretch even though their schedule appears pretty weak in comparison to ours.

But we'll see. Our Turkey Day game against the 49'ers will be a better gauge of our chances. If we win and look good in doing it, I can see us going 5-1 and winning the division. It's a whacky year, and this back loading of intra divisional games opens up a whole lot of possibilities. We could very realistically go anywhere from running the table and not only win the division but HFA as well to not even making the playoffs. The league has never had a situation where the division leader is three games below .500, but they do now.

Yeah this was Arizona's worst game of the season...I'm really curious to see how they respond this weekend against a hungry Falcons team. I think their result against Atlanta will say a lot about what kind of team they are.

OP
OP
C

CardsForever

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1xbtdd61 said:
I think that if the Seahawks win the game in Glendale (I won't be as cocky about that one as I was about this home date) then they have a pretty decent chance to win the division. I do tend to think that the Cards land at 11-5 on the season, so I think it's very likely within Seattle's control to overtake them. With that said, these next two games are tough.

If we lose on Thursday then we allow Arizona a chance to go back up by three games, and if that happens with only four games left then probably forget it. If we win on Thursday we'll be breathing right down Arizona's necks. If this week sees a combo of Seattle win/Arizona loss, I'll absolutely believe that Seattle is winning the division.

A Seattle win combined with an Arizona loss would in my opinion give the Seahawks the edge on winning this division. Seattle would still be a game back but given the fact they play each other again with the division on the line you have to like Seattle's chances. Combine that with the fact that if they lose to the Falcons the wheels will have officially fallen off. I don't know if they'll be able to recover from that loss. I think it's a must win game for Arizona this week to maintain their two game lead on either Seattle or San Fran.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd say right now our chances are around 10-20% to win the division.

But if we win Thursday, I could see that jumping up to 40-50% because I really do think Arizona's going to drop a couple more games.......which means that second to last game in Arizona could be for the division title. I like our chances if this scenario plays out.