Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/537423826091401217[/tweet]

how do you respond to this?

Well...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BestGuyAround/status/537424358147641346[/tweet]

PYbNqfF

hawknation2014

Reaction score
That makes it even more questionable why the running game was so underutilized in three of our four losses.

Anthony!

Reaction score
The great run game is not just about Lynch, remember Wilson is like 15th in rushing yards and #1 in YPA. I dare say if Wilson gets 100 yards we win as well.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Just to be on the safe side lets get Lynch and Wilson over 100 tomorrow. Heck let CMike throw 100 up too.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Anthony!":9arhawz3 said:
The great run game is not just about Lynch, remember Wilson is like 15th in rushing yards and #1 in YPA. I dare say if Wilson gets 100 yards we win as well.

A hundred?....he don't need to run for no stinkin' hundred....50 would probably lock it up.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Anthony!":31nlrds1 said:

I'm pretty sure every time Wilson has rushed for 100 yards we have lost. Usually if he goes for 100 it means the rest of our offense is ineffective

Smellyman

Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":w3jvw6a8 said:
Anthony!":w3jvw6a8 said:

I'm pretty sure every time Wilson has rushed for 100 yards we have lost. Usually if he goes for 100 it means the rest of our offense is ineffective

2-1

beat Washington and the Giants, lost to the Rams. special teams lost to the rams.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Anthony!":jjotd5gw said:

Without either Willis or Bowman to spy him, expect that he does just that. Borland and Wilhoite have no chance against him.

Brahn

Reaction score
I wouldn't say no chance. But just having either Borland or Wilhoite only being able to go off game tape has to be a a slight advantage for Wilson. Some of the best LBs I have ever seen are on that Niner's squad, and even they have missed multiple tackles while knowing what to expect.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Atlanta Falcons led the league in rushing in 2004 and 2005, maybe we should hire those coaches! You know, Jim Mora and Greg Knapp!

Just because a team leads in rushing doesn't mean they have a great offensive line coach and O.C.

Without Russell Wilson's yards, we would be nowhere near the top rushing offense.

We have 1865 yards rushing, subtract Russell Wilson's 644 yards and that drops to a measly 1221.6 yards for the entire team.

Stats can be made to say a lot of things, just like pictures.

King Dog

Reaction score
ivotuk":2evaa5y4 said:
The Atlanta Falcons led the league in rushing in 2004 and 2005, maybe we should hire those coaches! You know, Jim Mora and Greg Knapp!

Just because a team leads in rushing doesn't mean they have a great offensive line coach and O.C.

Without Russell Wilson's yards, we would be nowhere near the top rushing offense.

We have 1865 yards rushing, subtract Russell Wilson's 644 yards and that drops to a measly 1221.6 yards for the entire team.

Stats can be made to say a lot of things, just like pictures.

Sorry. You can't just subtract Wilson's yards. Hell, let's subtract Beastmode and Turbin's yards too.....

kobebryant

Reaction score
Why in the world would you subtract Wilson's yards?

Wilson's ability to run (safely) is a valuable and often game changing dimension that not many teams have.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kobebryant":2e7l1f4w said:

Wilson's ability to run (safely) is a valuable and often game changing dimension that not many teams have.
Yes, but it's not indicative of a rushing team that their QB can scramble. Wilson is not a rushing QB. He's a passing QB who can scramble and pick up huge chunks. That's not a rushing attack. Heck, most of those yards come on pass plays.

When you are comparing to other rushing attacks of previous years, you're looking at apples and oranges in those examples except the 93 Niners, who had Steve Young running at QB.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Elway could run, Cunningham, Vick,RG3, Kap there have been many teams with dual threat QB's we just happen to have one of the best. I remember I used to hate getting Elway in third and long cause I knew somehow he was going to scramble.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3kb6izbm said:
kobebryant":3kb6izbm said:

Yes, but it's not indicative of a rushing team that their QB can scramble. Wilson is not a rushing QB. He's a passing QB who can scramble and pick up huge chunks. That's not a rushing attack. Heck, most of those yards come on pass plays.

When you are comparing to other rushing attacks of previous years, you're looking at apples and oranges in those examples except the 93 Niners, who had Steve Young running at QB.
To me its simple ..Your either a running QB or not..Whatever is needed or given by the defense..How a team gets their rushing yards isn't a big deal..The stat does not cherry pick..

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Wilson is on pace for almost 1000 rushing yards...Im sure that doesnt factor into it though :roll:

Our QB is 15th in the league in rushing with 644 yards. The next QB is Kaep with 336 yards which is 41st in the league and Newton has 293. Wilson has more yards than the next 2 QBs combined.