Bill Simmons Thoughts on Thanksgiving Showdown

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
49ERS (-1) over Seahawks

Q: Please keep writing about the Seahawks not being the same team and how quiet the crowd at the Clink is. I cherish every word. The Seahawks control their own destiny, they’re rallying around each other, and they are still more talented, more hungry, and better coached than 90% of the league, and now they’re healthy. This bandwagon only has a few seats left. Don’t abandon us now Simmons, or, you are no longer welcome to our coffee, our future Sonics games, or the February victory parade after we trample your geriatric Patriots, 54-10.
—Kenny, Seattle

BS: How dare you! And after I gave you the Sixers AND posted the Stern/Sonics photo? HOW DARE YOU! To be fair — I wouldn’t have taken the Cards +6.5 in the Clink if I knew Larry Fitzgerald was out. But Arizona’s D beat up the Seahawks offense in that game; four days later, the Hawks have to battle San Francisco? And I’m giving less than three points with San Fran’s suddenly excellent defense in a do-or-die game? Yes, please.

Q: Over the course of a calendar year, Aldon Smith got a DUI, was charged with three felony counts of owning illegal assault weapons, was accused of firing a shotgun AT guests at his own party, and made a bomb threat directly to a TSA agent at an airport. His suspension was one less game than Josh Gordon’s suspension for smoking pot. God Bless America.
—Corry, South Portland, ME

BS: And he’s playing on Thursday night! Niners giving one! Sign me up! DOUBLE MY BET!

Q: Everyone keeps expecting Carlos Hyde to take Frank Gore’s job. Isn’t this exactly what Harbaugh does? Keeps things vanilla for the regular season, then busts it out for the playoffs? Cant you just see a Niners team busting it to the NFC title game on the legs of an uber fresh Carlos Hyde?
—Bill, Winston-Salem

BS: I think the Hyde Bandwagon takes a test run on Thursday night. (And I’m sitting in the third row.) By the way, can you remember a better “looking terrible for the first three and a half quarters while also making you believe that he’ll absolutely pull out the game-winning drive” QB than Colin Kaepernick? I mean, other than … well …

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-week-13-mailbag-giving-thanks-making-picks/

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I like Simmons a lot. With that said, he's a monkey placed there to dance for us and isn't to be taken seriously, so I'm fine with whatever he picks for our games.