Would you? Rex Ryan Seahawks D coordinator...

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Quinn could very well be gone next year and Rex will get fired. Rex knows his stuff on the D side of the ball. Would you take him? Too big of a personality to coexist with Pete? Seems like this is still Pete's system and that big of a personality wouldn't work but...man if they could work together I see another Superbowl.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I will say absolutely!! He's known as a " players coach" and would fit in great with our team.

I was just having this discussion with my brother 2 nights ago

Ozzy

Reaction score
He loves to blitz and that doesn't fit Pete's philosophy but maybe they could co exist. I almost want to say yes just for the entertainment factor of seeing him on the sidelines each week.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't really care for Rex myself. I would prefer not. I doubt he would want to come here as a coordinator anyway. His ego is too big.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There will be a lot of HC jobs opening up so Rex Ryan would be a hot commodity for those. Maybe the Raiders pick him up. Possibly SF, Atlanta, Carolina, or Chicago should there be vacancies there.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Our defense has been the strongest part of this team for the last four years since Carroll's arrival. We're currently the number one defense and we're coming off a Super Bowl championship season. Why would anybody want to mess with that??? Quinn has done a great job IMO; better than Bradley. If we're going to get rid of a coordinator, jettison Bevel.

A

Anonymous

It would be a media distraction, IMO.

They'd probably send a few extra NY media people out west just to cover him.

marko358

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1s7472qa said:
Our defense has been the strongest part of this team for the last four years since Carroll's arrival. We're currently the number one defense and we're coming off a Super Bowl championship season. Why would anybody want to mess with that??? Quinn has done a great job IMO; better than Bradley. If we're going to get rid of a coordinator, jettison Bevel.

I was taking the hypothetical from a "what if Quinn became a head coach next year" perspective.

irocdave

Reaction score
If Quinn leaves for a HC job I would take Rex in a heartbeat. If Tom Cable takes a job I would fill the assistant head coaching spot with Rex also. When Idzick gets canned I bet JS brings him back.

davidonmi

Reaction score
It would be great. But if I were to bet, I would bet on him getting another HC job this offseason

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3cjpn7z8 said:
There will be a lot of HC jobs opening up so Rex Ryan would be a hot commodity for those. Maybe the Raiders pick him up. Possibly SF, Atlanta, Carolina, or Chicago should there be vacancies there.

Who the hell would hire him as he has done nothing but fail and shoot off his big mouth and never back it up. No way I want him anywhere near the Hawks.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Geez you all saying yes are crazy. He's taken a team that was a playoff contender and went to the AFC championship game and has turned them into a dumpster fire, all the while running his big mouth and causing controversies. Someone earlier said it best. He's a clown.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":2db08uz2 said:
Geez you all saying yes are crazy. He's taken a team that was a playoff contender and went to the AFC championship game and has turned them into a dumpster fire, all the while running his big mouth and causing controversies. Someone earlier said it best. He's a clown.

Kubiak's team fell apart too and yet it hasn't prevented him from continuing on by doing what he did well enough to get the head coaching job in the first place. Someone will snatch Rex up as a coordinator and more likely than not they're going to be happy with that decision.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":ufzr2m0h said:
SeaToTheHawks":ufzr2m0h said:

Kubiak's team fell apart too and yet it hasn't prevented him from continuing on by doing what he did well enough to get the head coaching job in the first place. Someone will snatch Rex up as a coordinator and more likely than not they're going to be happy with that decision.

Yea you are definitely right on Kubiak. Can't argue there. I just feel like Rex is such a clown and tries to make things about him instead of the team and would just be a distraction. He creates controversy out of nothing. We've had enough of that this year.