Who wants to see Russ rush for 1,000+?

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
I know in terms of ideal NFL QBs it's not "ideal" whatever that means, and it exposes Russ to risk, but he is smart about it, doesn't force it, and takes what is given to him in terms of running the ball. So with that said I would love to see him rush for 1,000 yards and he isn't that far off pace. He's averaging 58/game currently and needs to average about 72/game here on out to hit the mark.

It would put not only him in rare territory but him and Lynch combined. Only Michael Vick has rushed for 1,000 as a QB, and there have only been 6 times in history where 2 players on the same team have rushed for 1,000+ in the same season, so Russ and Lynch would be only the 7th pair.

I think that would be rad.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":256iyg01 said:
I know in terms of ideal NFL QBs it's not "ideal" whatever that means, and it exposes Russ to risk, but he is smart about it, doesn't force it, and takes what is given to him in terms of running the ball. So with that said I would love to see him rush for 1,000 yards and he isn't that far off pace. He's averaging 58/game currently and needs to average about 72/game here on out to hit the mark.

It would put not only him in rare territory but him and Lynch combined. Only Michael Vick has rushed for 1,000 as a QB, and there have only been 6 times in history where 2 players on the same team have rushed for 1,000+ in the same season, so Russ and Lynch would be only the 7th pair.

Dude! You said rad. Gnarly!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
With 644 yards rushing through 11 games, he's on pace for 937 yards rushing through 16 games.

Michael Vick eclipsed 1,000 yards rushing only once, and he threw for only 2,474 that season.

Wilson could be the first QB to throw for over 3,000 (on pace for 3,244 passing yards) AND to rush for over 1,000 yards.

But none of it matters unless the Seahawks keep winning. That's going to require WIlson to make plays through the air and on the ground.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3eu3hnh2 said:

He could have 3000+ passing and 1000+ rushing if he can continue his pace with a huge rushing game

He will most likely end up top 5 ALL TIME for rushing yards in a season if he keeps it up. I think VIck has the record just a few yards over 1000

Ozzy

Reaction score
I know people are going to say that if he rushes for 1,000 that we aren't doing something right but not sure thats true or not. If he gets 80+ yards a game from here on out I think we are in good shape. Regardless it would be pretty cool to see a 3,000/1,000 yard season. Only problem is that he faces SF twice and they seem to remove him as a running option or have in the past. Hasn't rushed for much against them historically so getting to a 1,000 will be tough to do.

GFang

Reaction score
austinslater25":3g0up5tb said:
I know people are going to say that if he rushes for 1,000 that we aren't doing something right but not sure thats true or not. If he gets 80+ yards a game from here on out I think we are in good shape. Regardless it would be pretty cool to see a 3,000/1,000 yard season. Only problem is that he faces SF twice and they seem to remove him as a running option or have in the past. Hasn't rushed for much against them historically so getting to a 1,000 will be tough to do.

True, but with Bowman and Willis out, I think Russ can do some huge damage on the ground this time around.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You might be right. Borland while playing great is slower so RW might be able to take advantage of it.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3hneqldh said:

How many SBs has Michael Vick won?

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
LymonHawk":xqyirgt7 said:
SeaToTheHawks":xqyirgt7 said:

Lol that's such a random non-relevant question. I'm not comparing the two at all, just simply saying it would be a rare feat and kinda neat. Quit trying to create a straw-man

LymonHawk

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":lgjc7boo said:
LymonHawk":lgjc7boo said:
SeaToTheHawks":lgjc7boo said:

Lol that's such a random non-relevant question. I'm not comparing the two at all, just simply saying it would be a rare feat and kinda neat. Quit trying to create a straw-man

It is not a non-relevant question. How many 'running QBs' have won a SB?

I'm old school and do not want to see my starting QB on IR because he runs so much. It only takes one hit...

SeaChase

Reaction score
I think I'm more worried about him passing for over 1000 yards this season... :stirthepot:

Seafan

Reaction score
I want TDs and wins. Don't care about records and awards. Playoffs! Super Bowl!

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
LymonHawk":31j7g08n said:
Seafan":31j7g08n said:
I want TDs and wins. Don't care about records and awards. Playoffs! Super Bowl!

Bingo!

Ok cliche fans. We all want that. Doesn't mean we can't talk about numbers at the same time.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":9vm23ohy said:
I'm old school and do not want to see my starting QB on IR because he runs so much. It only takes one hit...

Tell that to our offensive line...

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
LymonHawk":woglv37e said:
SeaToTheHawks":woglv37e said:
LymonHawk":woglv37e said:
SeaToTheHawks":woglv37e said:

It is not a non-relevant question. How many 'running QBs' have won a SB?

I never once said Russ was a running QB. I'm one of the few amongst my friends that defends him NOT being. He's absolutely not a running QB, he's a QB that can run. Big difference. But even with that said he can still put up some amazing rushing yards.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Russ thumbs his ass at defenses when he scampers around the edge (or even more so if he goes up the middle), breaks off a huge chunk of yards (and probably a first down (often on third (or even fourth) down)), then slips out of bounds (or (even moreso) slides), but that does not mean I want to see my homeboy RUNNING FOR A GRAND (thank you very much).

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1mvkdu05 said:
Russ thumbs his ass at defenses when he scampers around the edge (or even more so if he goes up the middle), breaks off a huge chunk of yards (and probably a first down (often on third (or even fourth) down)), then slips out of bounds (or (even moreso) slides), but that does not mean I want to see my homeboy RUNNING FOR A GRAND (thank you very much).

That's why it's amazing that he might...because he a magician about it and doesn't even seem like he has rushed for much until the 4th quarter and you see the stats and he has 65 yards.