Tackling was amazing tonight

mistaowen

Reaction score
49ers had hard enough time even running or passing the ball but if they did manage to catch it, they were tackled instantly.

Defense is flying around the way they were at the end of last year. Lots of talking, lots of hard hitting, lots of big plays. I love it.

White Devil

Reaction score
With Bobby & Kam back these guys were laying wood and made a statement from the opening kickoff.

It's business time for these guys right now. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
White Devil":omh5cbn4 said:
With Bobby & Kam back these guys were laying wood and made a statement from the opening kickoff.

Kam and Earl made some vicious hits tonight. I love watching the play at full speed when you can't see any defenders down field and out of no where Earl spears the ball carrier at 400 mph.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
mistaowen":1evcyh1p said:
White Devil":1evcyh1p said:

Kam and Earl made some vicious hits tonight. I love watching the play at full speed when you can't see any defenders down field and out of no where Earl spears the ball carrier at 400 mph.

Those are pretty sweet.

KJ had a couple noticeable whiffs on ballcarriers, other than that tackling was very good.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
We held them to 164 yards tonight.....164!!! I mean seriously, they laid the wood on the 49ers. Total dominance, made even better by the fact that I watched this with family down here in California rooting for the 49ers. Oh ya, it was sweet.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":162m75qr said:
We held them to 164 yards tonight.....164!!! I mean seriously, they laid the wood on the 49ers. Total dominance, made even better by the fact that I watched this with family down here in California rooting for the 49ers. Oh ya, it was sweet.

And if you think about it, they got a handful of junk yards to end the game. I haven't looked but it had to be an extra 30-35 freebies.

Also, awesome game to force 49er family to sit through.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Earl Thomas was absolutely flying around out there. Amazing player, defense is back baby!

nepahawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":3nwjsbgr said:
Jazzhawk":3nwjsbgr said:

And if you think about it, they got a handful of junk yards to end the game. I haven't looked but it had to be an extra 30-35 freebies.

Exactly, junk yards at the end of the first half and the end of the game.
Fantastic defensive effort, got their swag back!

kf3339

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2t6fvygh said:

^ Ditto! :thirishdrinkers:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
With Wagz back we have continuity in communication between the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense now. Kam and Wagz set everything up every play. That has been missing with Wagner out. Also, lighting up WRs with uber explosive LB play has been out for a while. This D looks healthy and dominant even with Bane being out. Major kudos to Wagz, Kam and Earl. CB play is a luxury. Sherm and Max, the rest of the LOB are also dominant. This D is absolutely back. ENORMOUSLY BACK!

Word.

253hawk

Reaction score
Throw out the garbage drives at the end of the half and game and they've barely got over 100 yards. Amazing.

Also, Sherman was Kap's #2 receiver with 35 yards. Figure in the YAC on the returns and he's #1.

Hawks46

Reaction score
mistaowen":2l1n3n5b said:
Jazzhawk":2l1n3n5b said:

They got some garbage yards at the end of both halves. They had 45 yards that really "mattered" as in we didn't concede them before they got a few easy ones we let them have at half.

I'd bet that they had around 100 total yards against us that were contested.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":2g1ien0m said:
Throw out the garbage drives at the end of the half and game and they've barely got over 100 yards. Amazing.

Also, Sherman was Kap's #2 receiver with 35 yards. Figure in the YAC on the returns and he's #1.

Sherm had two pics for 6 total yds. But I hear ya. Two pic 6's sounds better.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Props to the DEFENSE for my 1,000th post!

P.S. Russell Wilson is the greatest QB Seattle has ever had. Period. PAY THE MAN!

:49ersmall: :229031_victory: :229031_thewave: :icon_new: :kool-aid: :fam: :tardssmall: :thRocks:

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Screenshot2013 07 14at120240AM

The Bash Brothers make a difference. You can feel the presence of both Wagner and Chancellor when they're on the field. Just a great effort by the defense today. They were flying around.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2cgr9d1h said:
253hawk":2cgr9d1h said:

Sherm had two pics for 6 total yds. But I hear ya. Two pic 6's sounds better.

I think 253 is referring to yards downfield when the ints were made. 35 air yards + 6 return yards beats Hyde's 38 yards as the top 9er receiver.

Latest posts