Philly is very beatable

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Looking at their schedule and all the points they've racked up, they did it against bottom half defenses. Only one game did they score a lot vs a semi decent defense and that was week 1 vs Jax. And that's Jax. Vs SF and AZ, the only top 10 defenses they've played, they were held to 21 and 20.

And now Mark Sanchez is their QB.

I think this game is very winnable.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":12cvatyg said:
Looking at their schedule and all the points they've racked up, they did it against bottom half defenses. Only one game did they score a lot vs a semi decent defense and that was week 1 vs Jax. And that's Jax. Vs SF and AZ, the only top 10 defenses they've played, they were held to 21 and 20.

I want a butt fumble 2.0 by Sanchez that game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Regardless of what top ten D's have held them to, I sure hope we can clean up the sloppiness enough to muster up more offensive production than 20pts.

hawk45

Reaction score
All of a sudden the D is in 2013 form where we can beat any team in any house, only requiring the O to make a few key plays. So yeah, Philly is beatable for sure, everyone is beatable if the D keeps it up.

Just saying Sanchez vs LOB sounds like an extinction level disaster I don't care how genius Chip Kelly is. The way our linebackers are playing right now the lateral plays don't have me afeared as much as they would have 2 weeks ago. Just try Irvin out there, be my guest. Or Wagz in the middle. Dat closing speed.

Seafan

Reaction score
Instead of playing two of the best defenses like we have the last two weeks we'll get to play a bottom dweller. We'll have time to rest and get ready for this important road game. Hopefully Lane and Helfet will be back. The Hawks and Eagles are polar opposites. It will be an interesting game for sure.

mikeak

Reaction score
:|
hawk45":2wkq14cn said:
All of a sudden the D is in 2013 form where we can beat any team in any house, only requiring the O to make a few key plays. So yeah, Philly is beatable for sure, everyone is beatable if the D keeps it up.

Just saying Sanchez vs LOB sounds like an extinction level disaster I don't care how genius Chip Kelly is. The way our linebackers are playing right now the lateral plays don't have me afeared as much as they would have 2 weeks ago. Just try Irvin out there, be my guest. Or Wagz in the middle. Dat closing speed.

I would rather play Kaepernick than Alex Smith in the right system. My point is Sanchez knows who he is and Chip Kelly is one heck of a coach.

Eagles scares me but this team is clicking now

rjdriver

Reaction score
We have to curtail the penalties. If we do, we will win.

We just can't give up a 100 yards in penalties to that team.

Sanchez will make mistakes, we can't give him second chances with penalties.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Great news is that the game is at 1:30PM Pacific, 4:30 ET.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Everyone is scared of Philly after beating a terrible Tennesee team, and a seasonally slumping Cowboys team...

Does anyone remember Sanchez against GB? They got absolutely blown out. If we can get up early, Sanchez will start making bad decisions.

chet380

Reaction score
The Philly coaching staff figured out a way to stall the best OL in the league -- don't under-estimate these guys.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1dxt4zp7 said:

Funny thing, I was just looking at the exact same thing you were and came to the same conclusion. Here is a brief look at the Eagles schedule thus far (and I've included their opponents' Pts/Game Allowed as well. I've highlighted top 10 defenses that the Eagles have faced this year) ...

2014 Philadelphia Eagles Schedule ...

Week 1 – Home vs. Jaguars (Win 34-17) … Jaguars (32nd in Pts Allowed [27.7/Game])
Week 2 – at Colts (Win 30-27) … Colts (17th in Pts Allowed [23.3/Game])
Week 3 – Home vs. Redskins (Win 37-34) … Redskins (20th in Pts. Allowed [24.8/Game])
Week 4 – at 49ers (Loss 26-21) … 49ers (T 10th in Pts. Allowed [20.5 Pts./Game])
Week 5 – Home vs. Rams (Win 34-28) … Rams (T 23rd in Pts. Allowed [25.9 Pts/Game])
Week 6 – Home vs. Giants (Win 27-0) … Giants (27th in Pts. Allowed [26.7 Pts/Game])
Week 7 – BYE
Week 8 – at Cardinals (Loss 24-20) … Cardinals (T 2nd in Pts. Allowed [17.7 Pts/Game])
Week 9 – at Texans (Win 31-21) … Texans (T 10th in Pts. Allowed [20.5 Pts./Game])
Week 10 – Home vs. Panthers (Win 45-21) … Panthers (T 28th in Pts. Allowed [27.3 Pts/Game])
Week 11 – at Packers (Loss 53-20) … Packers (16th in Pts. Allowed [22.4 Pts/Game])
Week 12 – Home vs. Titans (Win 43-24) … Titans (26th in Pts. Allowed [26.6 Pts/Game])
Week 13 – at Cowboys (Win 33-10) … Cowboys (14th in Pts. Allowed [21.8 Pts/Game])

Strength of Victory Comparison ...
Philadelphia .324
Seattle .461

Now I'm not going to argue that the Eagles aren't a good team. They clearly are, as they DO have talent on both sides of the ball on that roster. What I will say though is that that team may not be quite as good as their record might indicate. With Sanchez now at QB -- I would have to agree that they are very beatable.

And personally, I believe that if we can go in to Philly and steal a win ... that there is a very good chance we will run the table the rest of the way.

Hawks46

Reaction score
What's interesting in looking at that is how many points they're giving up, and to bad teams.

Without doing any research, I'd say we can run on them. Sure, they shut down Dallas, but it's a divisional game and they're familiar with the personnel and scheme.

I also agree with a previous poster; if you get Sanchez down, and force them to throw, he'll give it up and in bunches.

The other thing about Philly is everyone raves about their run game and fast break offense. Thing is, they're not a power run team, but a spread you out and run on you team. Seahawks have more edge speed than anyone they've faced yet (and they lost to both AZ and SF), we can man up their WRs, and our DL is pretty quick. Spreading this Hawks team out isn't the way to go; it's going to get Sanchez murdered.

Our defense is on a mad tear. If they keep this up, I don't care what our offense does, as long as they don't turn it over, we'll win. Pretty or Ugly, it all counts the same.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Russell will get over 300 yards passing in this game, they have given up alot of yards to alot of teams. You hit their Receivers enough like we did the 49ers, Eagles wouldn't know how to deal with it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawk45":36dkw31e said:

LOL! :lol:

DrDix

Reaction score
Dunno, the Eagles defense showed up BIG time against Dallas. Made their insane O-Line look average. If they do that against our O-Line, we are going to have troubles moving the ball.

Obviously, our defense should be fine.

Should be a good game.

jake206

Reaction score
The odd thing is, I think, in a way, penalties aren't such a bad thing against the Eagles O. Chip Kelly hates wasting time, he wants to snap that ball ASAP. Penalties tend to slow that down. So hopefully this is an edge.