Thank you, Lem

sc85sis

Reaction score
What a difference it makes having an experienced guy helping with the protections. I was thrilled when they announced Lem would start at C tonight.

OrFan

Reaction score
I was so happy when I heard he was starting! Little things can make a huge difference.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Unsung hero tonight, for sure. Okung played well against Aldon, too.

hawk45

Reaction score
Pass pro much better, have to believe Lem was a big reason why. That is one guy we need to keep on the roster with Unger being made of glass. He's been huge for us.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I was so happy when we resigned him, had no idea this opportunity might come up this year!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I always thought lem, was better then unger.... Seems we play better with him in.... But i'm not a center pro. so just my eye test.
Isn't lem the one with the photographic memory, the players call lempedia or something?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Reaneypark":25gl7k5r said:

True! Don't recall hearing Aldon Smith's name much being in the backfield, so for sure Okung had a good night!

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":3ckcfbkw said:
I always thought lem, was better then unger.... Seems we play better with him in.... But i'm not a center pro. so just my eye test.
Isn't lem the one with the photographic memory, the players call lempedia or something?

Yup, Lempedia. I think his mom has a PhD.

Last year, IIRC, LJP graded out better in some games than Unger did. Healthy Lem > Injured Unger. By a lot.
Healthy Unger > Healthy Lem. By a little.

We are just so lucky we were the first to get to LJP once he was healthy before someone else snapped him up. If AZ or SF had recognized the situation and signed him, just to keep him from making our team way, way better while Unger is out, we coulda been screwed. And that's totally something the Niners organization would do; hell, *I* would probably do that if I were the Niners or Cards GM.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2k6cb2om said:

Speaking of Okung I have been very pleased with him lately both in game play and lack of flags.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Unger fan, but whereas I give Lemierre the nod from a physical standpoint, you have to appreciate Max's technical and mental aptitude. I want both guys on the team as long as possible, but a healthy Max Unger is probably the better center.

olyfan63

Reaction score
MysterMatt":ni1v8frj said:
I'm not a huge Unger fan, but whereas I give Lemierre the nod from a physical standpoint, you have to appreciate Max's technical and mental aptitude. I want both guys on the team as long as possible, but a healthy Max Unger is probably the better center.

The comparison is more between LJP and Patrick Lewis. That's no contest.
The comparison between LJP and Unger, sure, Unger by a little, but actual dropoff in game play, not really very much at all in the Seahawks scheme.

I think it would be more accurate to say that Russell knows what to expect from LJP on any given play, LJP knows the line blocking calls and makes them, which simplifies Russell's life. The comfort level Russ has with either LJP or Unger is clearly night and day above the next option.

Bottom line is LJP is our only good option 'til Unger is healthy, another few weeks of critical games.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lemeul is such a physical stud. There was a picture of him somewhere and the man had a six pack! I have never seen anything but a belly on a man that big.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MysterMatt":18p7vrr2 said:

I would agree; for a Ruskell pick, Unger is the indisputable starter. But Lemuel provides the least gap possible and his experience is invaluable. He's also terrific swing depth. He's the exact kind of guy that exemplifies the Carroll era - resilience via good depth.

A

Anonymous

MontanaHawk05":5o5i654k said:
MysterMatt":5o5i654k said:

I would agree; for a Ruskell pick, Unger is the indisputable starter. But Lemuel provides the least gap possible and his experience is invaluable. He's also terrific swing depth. He's the exact kind of guy that exemplifies the Carroll era - resilience via good depth.

I Lemphatically agree.

Brings a toughness.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":nb735e0w said:
Agreed.
I think that Unger's ahead technically, but I think Lem is more physically gifted.
Who knows, maybe Lem has a little more time to develop the chemistry, and the race isn't as close as we may think.

titan3131

Reaction score
Another thing I love about lem is how hard he is on himself. In his postgame interview he said he did terrible and he needs to improve.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MysterMatt":10jjzuu8 said:
Oh, Lem clearly has the physical edge. The block he made during Moeakis near TD demonstrated that. If he could recognize blitzes and target anywhere near as well as Unger, we'd have a beastly line. Hopefully he keeps grinding and gets there.