How many points did the refs take off the board tonight....

irocdave

Reaction score
Am I the only one who watched this game against a division rival and questioned the penalties? The effort the refs expended especially in the third quarter was ridiculous. When will the NFL just let games play out. I get that the home team should get more calls but this is becoming blatant. The Hawks should have had hung 30+ on the niners. The bad calls are so obvious, total attempt to control the final score. Didn't matter tonight because the niners were inept on offense.

Smellyman

Reaction score
the more telling stat is not only is Seattle the most penalized team in the league. Their opponents are the LEAST penalized. The disparity is unbelievable.

getting sick of seeing Michael Bennett mugged every week with no calls.

rideaducati

Reaction score
BLATANT officiating. You can only laugh because even with the BLATANT officiating, the Seahawks are still dominating.

DJrmb

Reaction score
The penalties are really getting ridiculous and infuriating. Its bad when you can see Russell getting into it with refs a few times and Sherman following a ref down the field for quite a while (long enough I was getting a little nervous he might draw a flag or get tossed). Pete has let it be known he's getting fed up with the blatant targeting of Seattle by the officiating crews via local media and radio. I just hope this doesn't continue to build and hurt us even worse down the road...

I don't know if its so much the NFL in the case of the refs though. The NFL has actually released statements trying to separate themselves from the officials and their bad calls. I think its actually becoming kind of a war between Seattle and the offials because we've had such a crazy amount of ticky tack fouls and bad calls early on, Pete and the coaches made it a mission to call their BS and submit each and every bad call to the league. The league has had to come out and apologize a few times already for bad and missed calls against Seattle. That in term embarrassed the officials and gives them even more of an agenda/hate for Seattle and their calling us for EVERYTHING.

Just a theory...

HawaiiD

Reaction score
I was yelling at the TV the whole game. About our calls vs the non calls SF didn't get

lukerguy

Reaction score
Two calls in particular had me seething.

1) OPI negating a TD
2) Lynch taunting. Players were beaking all game, and he doesn't even talk much. Gore went at Thomas later on and didn't get called. Complete BS.

All the other ones were debatable but this took 7 points on the board minimum.

mikeak

Reaction score
On the OPI sure looked like defender stepped up into the path. Really wish I had a recording of that

Rainger

Reaction score
Like I said in another post:

What I find most interesting is that so many people think that all the officials are all trying and none are dishonest and trying to manipulate the game. If you say they are trying to change the result and are corrupt you get the old answer calling you a conspiracy theorist and it is only" mistakes". Those defending the refs don't want to believe that calls could be deliberate and corrupt.

However I ask this. What percentage of the general population are dishonest??? Is it 10% 20 more? Well what ever number you come up with that is probably the percent of dishonest refs in the NFL. It is unbelievable that so many can believe that 100% of the refs are honest? If Basketball or Baseball can have a ref trying to manipulate the result, why can't that happen in football? If it is 20% then you have a corrupt ref in every crew or 2 or more in others.

Anyone who believes that all 100% of the refs are honest and only making "mistakes" because they are incompetent is delusional and has their head in the sand. Yes Salk this also includes you.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We get called tight. Our opponents don't. It's so blatant it's becoming laughable. It's a good thing we're tough enough to overcome it.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
There is something going on, I just think we have the attention of the REFs.

Im sure there is no grand conspiracy or anything like that.

The Turbin PI call, was out of this world bad.
How that is called I have no idea.

I mean someone explain how its PI when there is slight contact with the RB and a defender that arent the target of the pass? Turbin didnt screen Richardsons guy, it was like I was in the freaking twilight zone for some of the calls today.

Seafan

Reaction score
Our redzone offense is worst than the officiating. First down at the one yard line and we can't punch it in with Lynch? Really?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seafan":11mlu4b0 said:
Our redzone offense is worst than the officiating. First down at the one yard line and we can't punch it in with Lynch? Really?

That defensive line of the 49ers is one of the best. They don't allow 100 yard rushers, rushing touchdowns or a lot of points.

Could the offense have played better? Sure but it's a makeshift line, it was a short week, and we beat a good team in their house.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":1hzf9wry said:

What I find most interesting is that so many people think that all the officials are all trying and none are dishonest and trying to manipulate the game. If you say they are trying to change the result and are corrupt you get the old answer calling you a conspiracy theorist and it is only" mistakes". Those defending the refs don't want to believe that calls could be deliberate and corrupt.

However I ask this. What percentage of the general population are dishonest??? Is it 10% 20 more? Well what ever number you come up with that is probably the percent of dishonest refs in the NFL. It is unbelievable that so many can believe that 100% of the refs are honest? If Basketball or Baseball can have a ref trying to manipulate the result, why can't that happen in football? If it is 20% then you have a corrupt ref in every crew or 2 or more in others.

Anyone who believes that all 100% of the refs are honest and only making "mistakes" because they are incompetent is delusional and has their head in the sand. Yes Salk this also includes you.

Oh good God. Now I remember why your name was sticking out to me.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Anyway, yes, even as much as I don't like complaining about the officials, they had me sideways last night. Just an awful officiating job. Thankfully it didn't matter, but they were terrible.

Rainger

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3s1vog60 said:
rainger":3s1vog60 said:

Oh good God. Now I remember why your name was sticking out to me.
So your response to try to show that some how my posts are "crazy" doesn't answer the question. Please note I do not think the NFL has a conspiracy against the Hawks, but I truly believe there are some dishonest refs.

You are therefore implying that I am some crazy guy because I believe there could be dishonest people in the officiating of the NFL. You obviously believe that not one of them has some friend put money on the line of a game.

So please explain how the NFL managed to hire %100 honest people with no agenda and none who have succumbed to the dark side finding how easy it would to call a PI to ensure the spread was or was not maintained. Yet no other profession in the world has %100 honest people.

Rather than dismiss the idea, that there are dishonest refs, by trying to imply I am nuts, please explain how you believe that there is not one bad egg in the NFL officiating crews who makes calls for the benefit of the line????

Largent80

Reaction score
Can't Paul Allen do something about this?....We as fans obviously cannot, but this is so far out of hand it is sickening.

I hate to bitch after a huge win but it is painfully obvious that something is going on here with at least half of the penalties called.

They took a TD off the board for a "pick", then a couple series later the 9ers did the same thing and NO call !!!!!!!!