3 stand-out players that haven't been mentioned in this game

smerfy01

Reaction score
Yeah, Sherm/Wilson/Kam/Wagner/ET/Lynch/Hauschka had great games today, but there's a few others that really stepped up in this game and in my opinion were fantastic.

1. Bruce Irvin - this is like...5 weeks in a row now where I've seen him make just fantastic plays, while staying consistent.

2. What the hell was that guy's name...Dodd? That nose tackle REALLY shut down the run and delivered some great hits. Who the hell is this guy? Can we keep him?

3. Tony Moeaki - Are you serious? This dude does everything we need him to AND MORE. Not only did he have that one great catch, but he really showed up in pass protection.

An honorable mention to Lockette, that dude can ball on special teams.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
1. Tony Moeaki - I think he's catched everything Wilson has tossed to him I believe. We needed a TE threat and we finally found one. I really thought Pete should of challenge that TD that was called back by Moeaki.

2. BRUUUUUCCEEEEE, he's turning out to be a well rounded defensive player now.

3. The guy or guys who was snacking on those sunflower seeds that made Earl Thomas have a meeting to get our guys to start playing Seahawks Football again.

peppersjap

Reaction score
We need to at least credit the guy with his actual name, Demarcus Dobbs was a great pick up from the 49ers. He had a fantastic game against his former team.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I would like to add a few:

1) Turbin, I bash him all the time so I feel obligated to give him props when he has a good game. He had a receiving Touchdown and he really seems to thrive on those types of plays more so than running it up the middle every time. The opposing Defenses don't seem to account for him unless he's running up the middle so it was nice to see him have a good game with some big catches.

Turbin also showed some great hustle sprinting up field to block for Moeaki on his 63 yard run. Turbin got hits on BOTH of those guys and Moeaki really should of gotten that TD (hard to tell if he really did from those camera angles but I'm guessing yes).

2) Entire Offensive Line looked to have better pass protection than usual. However Wilson was still sacked 4 times and he has been sacked over 30 times this season which is 4th most in the league.

I wouldn't look to far into this since the 49ers are terrible, but it was still nice to see.

3) Lemuel Jeanpierre, need to re-watch the game to see how good he did specifically but did not seem to be much of a drop off if any from Unger. He also laid down a very nice hit on a defender while Wilson was scrambling on the huge pass to Moeaki. It seems like too often our Offensive Line just kinda scratches their butts and jog around like bums once plays start to break down, it was nice to see Jeanpierre lay some thunder down in this kind of scenario.

Those are the ones that come to mind right now that the OP didn't mention.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Agreed about Irvin. He's really turned the corner this last part of the season. I've been a frequent critic of his and ought to be eating crow this Thanksgiving rather than turkey. He's really improved his run defense.

When I first saw Dodd stuff that running play cold, I expected it to be Kevin Williams doing the stuffing. I still wish we had Mebane back, but this Dodd guy looked great last night, and he did playing against one of the best OL's in football.

Some of those sacks that we give up are due to the inherent downsides of employing a good scrambling quarterback. It's a tradeoff, and something we have to tolerate if we're going to see those Houdini like escapes that are so critical to our otherwise very poor passing game. The OL held their own last night, and if they play like that the rest of the way, I don't think they'll hurt us.

I thought Pete should have challenged the play where Moeaki nearly scored. Although there wasn't a clear angle, I know that they are allowed to look at multiple shots and infer that the ball was in a certain position at a certain point in time. It's like a 3D computer model based on angles and common points of reference. We're allowed two challenges, losing the timeout wasn't a problem, and as many situations that are automatic reviews nowadays, going the rest of the game with just one challenge wasn't a big deal IMO. But to the OP, I like Moeaki and feel he's probably the best we can do to fill a need under the current circumstances, but I still wish we had Miller back.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm very excited about the Moaeaki signing. It seems like ever since he came on the offense has been doing better and there has been a lot more TE involvement every week. I think that is something tbe offense really needs. The last few weeks theres been a TE every game that's really stepped up whether it's Helfet, Moaeaki or Willson.

Also I would love it if we extended Bruce after this season. He isn't turning into a 10+ sack guy but he's making big plays every week.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Tharold Simon seems to be coming into his own. Even got a shout out from Sherm at the press conference.

olyfan63

Reaction score
DOBBS!! DOBBS!! DEMARCUS DOBBS!!

Nice how he's doing great work for us. Even sweeter he's doing it against the team that released him. He should know their offensive scheme from practice, nice game against his ex mates.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1x2klz2u said:
NFSeahawks628":1x2klz2u said:
-The Glove-":1x2klz2u said:
oasis":1x2klz2u said:
+1
love the Dodd pickup.
Dodd made 2 huge plays back to back...on Staley I believe. HUGE

Dodd is all pro.

Wait... who we talkin' 'bout?

NFSeahawks628":1x2klz2u said:
-The Glove-":1x2klz2u said:
oasis":1x2klz2u said:
+1
love the Dodd pickup.
Dodd made 2 huge plays back to back...on Staley I believe. HUGE

Dodd is all pro.
Lol. My bad, Dobbs. I even saw Dodd during the game and called him that

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
Yeah my bad guys...shows how much of an unknown he is that most of us are rolling with Dodd.

The guy's name is Dobbs lol

I was close >.> but can we keep him still? :3

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The usage of the two tight end sets really seemed helped out the pass blocking. Even if they went out for passes Moeaki and Willson would chip defenders giving Wilson an extra second to get the ball out.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Tokadub":1ej0t873 said:
I would like to add a few:

1) Turbin, I bash him all the time so I feel obligated to give him props when he has a good game. He had a receiving Touchdown and he really seems to thrive on those types of plays more so than running it up the middle every time. The opposing Defenses don't seem to account for him unless he's running up the middle so it was nice to see him have a good game with some big catches.

Turbin also showed some great hustle sprinting up field to block for Moeaki on his 63 yard run. Turbin got hits on BOTH of those guys and Moeaki really should of gotten that TD (hard to tell if he really did from those camera angles but I'm guessing yes).

I need to call out Baldwin for his weak effort on this play. He had a chance to put a shoulder into Cox, or at the very least get a hand on him. If he does anything at all to impede Cox, Turbo is out in front blocking and Moeaki scores without getting touched.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
smerfy01":3r3eh1yu said:
Yeah my bad guys...shows how much of an unknown he is that most of us are rolling with Dodd.

The guy's name is Dobbs lol

I was close >.> but can we keep him still? :3

I'm going to keep calling him Dodd. It's stuck now.