Question about new jerseys vs recently-replaced jerseys

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm up here in the Great White North otherwise I'd pop into the Pro Shop and get this question answered in person. I need to order my jersey online so I don't have the luxury of trying it on before I buy it and because my name is going on the back etc, I won't be able to return it either...

This is somewhat convoluted so please bear with me:

I've got a Reebok 'Hawks jersey from before the recent change to the Nike uni's---size 52, real jersey etc, paid a small ransom for it 8 years ago...It's a jersey with my nickname on the back etc

I'd like to upgrade to the newer ones but here's the rub...the current (older) one I have is pretty long ...otherwise it's a great fit on the shoulders/chest etc...

My question is are the new jersey's (the $149 option) just as long as the older ones?

The Pro Shop size chart indicates that a Reebok size 52 is the same size as a Nike 48...

I realize there are a myriad of size/fit factors here (will I primarily wear the jersey over a bunch of clothes, hoodies etc or simply wear it as a shirt watching games on TV or repping the hawks around town etc)

But what I would ideally like to buy is the new $149 jersey with the same fit I have now but without the extra long length...The current one is a little big on me, but that's just fine, gives me ample room to wear clothes underneath at a game etc or wear it without anything at home etc...

I'm about 5-9, average build etc if that matters or if that helps somebody help me out here who was in my position a few years ago when you bought your new Nike 'hawks jersey...

So what size should I get?

I'll cross my fingers that some of this rambling makes enough sense for somebody to throw me a bone and help me out...

Big thanks!!

GoHawks!!

jkitsune

Reaction score
I can't say for sure what size you should get, because people have very different preferences on how 'big' they want their jerseys. I'm 5'10 and weigh 160 or so, and I find a 'small' to be perfect. I prefer the jersey to fit comfortably and loosely, but not be baggy. I'm not big on the ultra-baggy, oversized look a lot of fans like.

I don't think they're as long as the Reebok jerseys, but couldn't prove it.

If there's ANY nfl merchandise anywhere (Packers? Vikings?) I would go try one on for a sense of fit.

pmedic920

Reaction score
52 seems way big to me.

I'm 5'10" 180 and wear a 44 in the Nike elite. I think that translates to a large in the limited.
The elites I have all have extra length compared to the limited.
Hope that helps some.

jonkchar

Reaction score
The Nike's are a little more snug. The Reeboks are a little more comfortable in that they allow a lot more unrestricted movement

jonkchar

Reaction score
Off the top of my head also, I want to say the Nikes aren't as long as the reeboks. If you can- I'd try to find a shop that has nfl jerseys. If not, I would look up jersey comparisons on youtube