Why in THE HELL do they keep trying out Sherman?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that last year teams never threw to Sherman's side of the field, (or to the reciever he's covering) but this year they seem to be TRYING SHERMAN OUT?? Every time I see this, I'm all like HELL YEEAH, BABY, SCREW WITH SHERM!! I was at the NY game and Eli did it and I called a Sherm pick in the stands, and he almost got one--batted instead leading to a pick.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Let them...I like it when they do. Most always get good results for the Seahawks. It also means that Maxwell, Simon, or whoever has the other side are doing their jobs too.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
1. Aaron Rodgers avoided him the whole game and look how that went.
2. He's had several games where catches were made in his coverage. That emboldens everyone.
3. It's become almost a manhood-measuring thing, to prove they ain't afraid of no big bad Sherm.

I'll bet fewer tries will be coming his way now, especially in the next game with Sanchez who has a reputation as an interception machine. Maybe Sherman needs to develop a fake limp out there or something to try and draw some passes his way. lol

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
That's funny. Or maybe make some comment to a reporter about how qbs are afraid of him, or something.

TXHawk

Reaction score
It looked like Kaep was forcing throws in Sherman's direction, probably hoping to embarrass him. Didn't quite work out.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":27bwvgki said:
Has anyone else noticed that last year teams never threw to Sherman's side of the field, (or to the reciever he's covering) but this year they seem to be TRYING SHERMAN OUT?? Every time I see this, I'm all like HELL YEEAH, BABY, SCREW WITH SHERM!! I was at the NY game and Eli did it and I called a Sherm pick in the stands, and he almost got one--batted instead leading to a pick.

last year they did try Sherm not this year.

or are you only talking 49ers?

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
As far as I can remember they stayed away from his side of the field last year, and are trying him out this year--not that much, but sometimes. It's like they want to dispell the myth, or some ****.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I am setting the Over / Under at 2. That's the number of times I predict Kap will go to Sherm's side in their next meeting. Why so high (lol)? Because I anticipate a wholesale asskicking of the 9ers in Seattle week after next. I think the game will be out of hand early and Roman will have no choice but to try something 'different' even if it sees Kap into the lion's lair.

My early emotion driven prediction: Hawks 30 - 13. Many of our points coming from short fields created by Kap's turn overs, sacks and related inadequacies. To be fair, I've seen improvement in Kap this year, but not enough to beat the Hawks. Harbaugh should seriously consider Gabbert week after next. We are ruining the franchise both literally and figuratively.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":ubqtabc2 said:
As far as I can remember they stayed away from his side of the field last year, and are trying him out this year--not that much, but sometimes. It's like they want to dispell the myth, or some ****.

I am sure someone would have the numbers but there is no question they don't try him as much this year. Maybe a 1/4 of as much passes this year. Only Kaep has tried and failed.

Rocket

Reaction score
It ain't a "they" thing, it's a "he" thing.
His head contains a vacation home... furnished & landscaped.

hawk45

Reaction score
Teams throw a couple underneath passes at Sherm just to say they did it, then stay the hell away. Other than Carolina, nobody has completed anything of any significance on the guy.

They're not really trying him, they just don't want to appear to have gone fetal out there.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawk45":18ahzp8g said:
Teams throw a couple underneath passes at Sherm just to say they did it, then stay the hell away. Other than Carolina, nobody has completed anything of any significance on the guy.

They're not really trying him, they just don't want to appear to have gone fetal out there.

Totally. Has he had a single pass over 15 yds completed against him? It's kinda funny to watch and exactly as you describe. QBs throwing his way remind you of kids trying to see how close they can get to the chained up, barking dog without getting bit or their lunches eaten.

Polaris

Reaction score
TXHawk":1k759etr said:
It looked like Kaep was forcing throws in Sherman's direction, probably hoping to embarrass him. Didn't quite work out.

I wouldn't say that. It's worked out for Sherman just fine.

:twisted:

Timmahawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ddmuwxp said:
hawk45":3ddmuwxp said:

Totally. Has he had a single pass over 15 yds completed against him? It's kinda funny to watch and exactly as you describe. QBs throwing his way remind you of kids trying to see how close they can get to the chained up, barking dog without getting bit or their lunches eaten.

Beckham burned Sherm for a big gain.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
People who don't watch the Hawks game thinks Sherman gets beat all the time when those wide receivers gets over 100 yards against our defense stats wise. What that does is give false hope to other teams who think they are able to go at Sherman.

I think Sherman will have a pick against Mark Sanchez. Sanchez wants to put the butt fumble behind him and wants to look like he can start for any team. The only way to do that is to beat the best. If he beats Sherman he will probably get picked up by another team to start.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":xrzuqifi said:
People who don't watch the Hawks game thinks Sherman gets beat all the time when those wide receivers gets over 100 yards against our defense stats wise. What that does is give false hope to other teams who think they are able to go at Sherman.

I think Sherman will have a pick against Mark Sanchez. Sanchez wants to put the butt fumble behind him and wants to look like he can start for any team. The only way to do that is to beat the best. If he beats Sherman he will probably get picked up by another team to start.

I'm pretty sure other teams watch tape and don't get false hope based on what their fan base thinks.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Nope your right was just talking and it came out all wrong lol. I was mixing in what other fans perception of Sherman always getting beat. I believe they have to try Sherman out, they believe their WR will outplay him, sometimes it works, and most of the time it's the worst mistake you can make.

hawk45

Reaction score
Timmahawk":1ue6n53u said:
HawkWow":1ue6n53u said:
hawk45":1ue6n53u said:

Beckham burned Sherm for a big gain.

Forgot about that, Beckham is a beast no doubt about it and that was a double-move and Beckham turning on the jets. So Sherm has had significant passes completed on him where Beckham and Kelvin Benjamin were involved. You'll notice that later in the game Sherman made Eli pay for his temerity by blanketing Beckham in the end zone leading to an interception. So...don't throw at Sherman.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3quaojb4 said:
Let them...I like it when they do. Most always get good results for the Seahawks. It also means that Maxwell, Simon, or whoever has the other side are doing their jobs too.
Exactly.