There is no better bet in football....

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
.....than on the Seahawks when everyone thinks they'll lose.

It's when everyone expects us to win that I start to get worried.

Let's all hope the media keeps hyping up Green Bay, Philly, and Arizona as the best teams in the NFC. Exactly the motivation this team needs to go out and perform for the rest of the season.

Largent80

Reaction score
One thing for sure is, we are now back in business. That defense is really playing at the level we all thought was possible but not probable after losing 3 from the line and a CB.

And getting Moeaki has proven to be yet another gem unearthed by J.S.

The other teams in the league did not want to see this.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":12msuo1e said:
.....than on the Seahawks when everyone thinks they'll lose.

It's when everyone expects us to win that I start to get worried.

Let's all hope the media keeps hyping up Green Bay, Philly, and Arizona as the best teams in the NFC. Exactly the motivation this team needs to go out and perform for the rest of the season.
You're right, thinking about it now--who predicted we'd ream Denver in the Big Bowl?? Good thread.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'd say betting a Carroll-led Hawks team to win a prime time game is a pretty sure bet.

HawkWow

Reaction score
It's starting to look like the best bet on the board will be Hawks vs. SF. Now and going forward.

The networks have done a masterful job in pinning this rivalry as "top 3 in pro football". But hatred aside...is it really all that? As of late, SF has eeked out wins, mostly because we shot ourselves in the foot (The Turbin drop...The Earl miss allowing Gore the huge gain). But when we beat the 9ers, we steal their hearts, annihilating and embarrassing them. Basically we now own the 9ers and it is looking like it will get worse for them before it gets better, now that they have found their FQB. ; ) Before you know it, we won't even dislike the 9ers anymore.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I had a friend (she does not care about football) who's husband put $700 on the 49ers to win, that must have been the most embarrassing Thanksgiving ever for him and he's probably sleeping on the couch. I almost wanted to say you don't bet against the Hawks on primetime. This team is starting to surge in the right direction. I'm glad everyone is owning up to their own mistakes and fixing it. If 49ers stop being competitive with us, I think Rams would be our next biggest rivalry, they are that pesky team that won't leave us alone.

trharder

Reaction score
The early spread on Footballlocks has Philly as the 1.5 point favorite. I know Vegas is more concerned with getting people to take the bet than being right, but to me, these would be odds based on the week 2-11 Seahawks, and not week 12-13 Seahawks, who are arguably playing like the 2013 Seahawks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":d1wg0c55 said:
If GB beats NE at home Sunday, you'll have nothing to worry about because the lovefest for them will be immense.

We NEED the Pats to win this one. The Packer schedule is puff from here on out and we need this loss to get the first seed in the playoffs.

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
HawkWow":1p8x5svl said:
It's starting to look like the best bet on the board will be Hawks vs. SF. Now and going forward.

The networks have done a masterful job in pinning this rivalry as "top 3 in pro football". But hatred aside...is it really all that? As of late, SF has eeked out wins, mostly because we shot ourselves in the foot (The Turbin drop...The Earl miss allowing Gore the huge gain). But when we beat the 9ers, we steal their hearts, annihilating and embarrassing them. Basically we now own the 9ers and it is looking like it will get worse for them before it gets better, now that they have found their FQB. ; ) Before you know it, we won't even dislike the 9ers anymore.

I know we hate the 49ers and all, but the Rams-Seahawks is the true "rival" game for us since we got to the NFC.

Definitely more moments of nail biters and hearts being stomped on with St. Louis than with San Francisco. That 2004 year, when they beat us THREE times, man I absolutely hated them. Look at the history of games between us and St. Louis and there were way more close games with them.

In fact, only when Harbaugh showed up did San Francisco even become a rivalry, they were an afterthought for years.

enamel

Reaction score
I still wouldn't brake for Isaac Bruce if I saw him crossing the street.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":2mxbgp0f said:
HawkWow":2mxbgp0f said:

I know we hate the 49ers and all, but the Rams-Seahawks is the true "rival" game for us since we got to the NFC.

Definitely more moments of nail biters and hearts being stomped on with St. Louis than with San Francisco. That 2004 year, when they beat us THREE times, man I absolutely hated them. Look at the history of games between us and St. Louis and there were way more close games with them.

In fact, only when Harbaugh showed up did San Francisco even become a rivalry, they were an afterthought for years.

There's team rivalries and then there's fan rivalries. Because I live in Hawaii, which is like SF west, I have found the SF rivalry much more intense than anything we ever had with the Rams. Plus, we are not soft like back then and command respect and generate fear. The bigger the hits, the bigger the hostility, imo.

I do agree with your point regarding the teams, though. I'd rank our all time bitterest rivalries as:

Raiders
Broncos
Chiefs
Rams / 9ers
Chargers
(Coming soon!)
Zona