Kam Chancellor screams at team mates.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Collinsworth told this story during the Niner game. Said that before the Cardinals game Kam went to every player and screamed into their faces what he thought needed to be said to motivate. or some such shite. I have found no other reference to such an event. We all read about sunflower seed gate where Earl did some talking and as that story went it ended up in a hug fest that turned our defense back into fearsome force. I believe the Earl story. What about Kam screaming? Seems odd.

SC

vin.couve12

Reaction score
He didn't say he screamed at them. He just said that Kam said whatever he wanted to their faces. Kam was also the one that lead the defense's pre-game speech as well, but that's not abnormal at all.

pmedic920

Reaction score
IMHO Collinsworth is a DB, combine that with a slight misunderstanding on your part, and that probably explains why you can't find the story.

IIRC he did say something along the lines of what you are saying and I remember at the time, thinking his take on the event didn't really match what others had said about Kam's pregame speech.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2iux5w6i said:
He didn't say he screamed at them. He just said that Kam said whatever he wanted to their faces. Kam was also the one that lead the defense's pre-game speech as well, but that's not abnormal at all.

He did say that "He basically got in their face and screamed whatever he wanted into the face.." 2nd quarter, start listening at the 14 minute mark.

Doesn't matter as it sounds like an exaggeration by Collinsworth. Is the "speech" before the game a regular occurrence? Something that players take turns delivering? I'm gathering it had nothing to do with the team meeting that occurred earlier in the week.

SC

HawkerD

Reaction score
pmedic920":t6t8erkn said:
IMHO Collinsworth is a DB, combine that with a slight misunderstanding on your part, and that probably explains why you can't find the story.

IIRC he did say something along the lines of what you are saying and I remember at the time, thinking his take on the event didn't really match what others had said about Kam's pregame speech.

Wasn't he WR?

Oh yeah... :sarcasm_on:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I could see Kam doing it and who would diss the guy?If I had Kam yelling at me to play harder or fight him after the game,I sure would play harder..Mike Curtis used to do the same thing on the Colts(Baltimore) last Super Bowl team..It works and some guys do need it...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Macro Focus for each other.
"Who Got My Back, We Got Your Back"

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Collinsworth is awesome. He speaks to the whole audience in this tone that indicates that he thinks he's better than them, and magically enough he's right. Good stuff.

He was pretty weird on this Thanksgiving broadcast though. I strongly suspected both he and Michaels of having had a few drinks in them while they called the game.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":35fui4bk said:
Collinsworth is awesome. He speaks to the whole audience in this tone that indicates that he thinks he's better than them, and magically enough he's right. Good stuff.

He was pretty weird on this Thanksgiving broadcast though. I strongly suspected both he and Michaels of having had a few drinks in them while they called the game.

I remember thinking the same thing. Collinsworth was absolutely giddy at some points in the broadcast and Michaels seemed a bit subdued. Whatever...great win!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3d78n7pg said:

Collinsworth is one of my favourite announcers and he always seems to be gushing over the Seahawks. I like his craziness too, it's refreshing when these guys show some personality.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Chancellor has really bounced back strong in the last couple games. I was calling for them to play Jeron Johnson more because I thought he was playing so well and Chancellor was hurt, but his recent play has totally alleviated any concern I had.

Chancellor is currently No. 1 among all NFL safeties in run stop percentage (9.2%- min. of 200 snaps). He is the only safety (min. 200 snaps) with a >7.5% run stops.

Earl Thomas is 2nd among all safeties in coverage snaps per reception allowed (51) and coverage snaps per target (27.2).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Collinsworth also called Okung a "star tackle" in the league to support a point he was making about Aldon Smith's effectiveness.

It is usually all exaggeration.