Suppose we go all the way again

Ruminator

Reaction score
Supposing we go all the way again, which teams would you like to face in the Div Round, NFCC, and the SB, and why?

DR: Detroit Lions, so we can avenge the 2012 loss, see how well we can shut down C. Johnson, let Avril dish it out on his former team, take a look at Suh in light of his hinting at wanting to play elsewhere next year, and maybe say Hi to Tate.

NFCC: 49ers -- this will more likely be Cardinals or some other team, but you just can't beat the hysteria and energy that a game against the 49ers brings.

SB: Steelers, for obvious reasons, although I'd prefer they miss the playoffs entirely. Second choice = Ravens. I think Hawks-Ravens would be a hell of a game. Would also be fun to beat two Harbaughs one after the other.

EDIT: It was 2012 when Lions beat us, not 2013 as I originally had.

Brahn

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":351mdjwp said:
Don't so much care about the NFC rounds, we'll murder whomever comes to the Clink. In the SB, I'd like a piece of the Pats. Would really feel good to knock off the two AFC golden boys, one after the other.

^ This

might as well play GB in the NFCCG and make it 3.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Detroit depends on which Stafford turns up, only way they beat us if he plays as lights out as he did the last time. Sherm on Tate would be fun. I think we'd take them.

Would want to avoid the Packers the most, they're a much better team than the one that showed up opening day, especially at Lambeau.

Steelers in the Super Bowl would be sweet but I'm with Peaches, if we want to make a statement then we do it repeating against the last team to do so.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Brahn":2l8yb08k said:
peachesenregalia":2l8yb08k said:
Don't so much care about the NFC rounds, we'll murder whomever comes to the Clink. In the SB, I'd like a piece of the Pats. Would really feel good to knock off the two AFC golden boys, one after the other.

^ This

might as well play GB in the NFCCG and make it 3.
This. And then next year for our 3Pete I want Indianapolis to make it 4/4.

warden

Reaction score
You can't be the best if you can't be the best.

I want to play the best teams the NFL has to offer.

Cartire

Reaction score
Indy in the super bowl. RW against luck would be two weeks of comparisons and be fun to get all the stats out there.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
If we are a wildcard:

WC: Saints

The yin-yang symmetry of traveling to a sub-.500 New Orleans team as the defending champs would be cool. Continue the sort-of rivalry, recall 2010 with a Big Easy Beast Quake to set the tone for our postseason run. We win convincingly.

DIV: Cowboys

If Dallas gets the 3 seed, we go get revenge at Jerry's World bolstered by a whole new intensity and ball-hawking teamwork that the week 6 Cowboys did not experience.

NFCCG: Packers

Again with the symmetry! We started the season lined up across from Green Bay, we end it that way with the same result in a different venue. This could be an Ice Bowl for the 21st century; this time, Packers lose.

SB: Patriots

Completing the symbolic passing-of-the-torch, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks cement the NFL's New World Order by dispensing of another Golden Boy QB of the 2000s, and the game's most recent dynasty. This extends RW's dominance over previous SB winners. Call it the "You Mad Bowl?" and get bundled up for another memorable parade.

If we win the division, our seed will depend on how other teams finish.

A Detroit matchup would be fun, especially at Clink. Welcome back, Golden. Remember how hard it was to complete a catch in practice against the LOB?

Seeing the Eagles so soon after a regular-season matchup would be more interesting if Foles is healthy by then and Chip has to make tough decisions about who his QB is. Plus, I think our Hawks have a big advantage in rematch games because our base defense isn't one that can be "figured out," rather it must be out-executed and if we won the division it means we already beat the Eagles and proved their quick tempo offense was no match for our speed, hitting, pass rush, and coverage.

An NFCCG and third match against the Cardinals would be sweet. Back-to-back seasons with an all-NFC-West championship? Beating the up-and-coming Cards 3 times in one season? Hell yeah.

nategreat

Reaction score
Cartire":18pal6iv said:
Indy in the super bowl. RW against luck would be two weeks of comparisons and be fun to get all the stats out there.

Ahh, very nice, I like that!

Rocket

Reaction score
Brahn":2wpu2yms said:
peachesenregalia":2wpu2yms said:

^ This.

These.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Just read some recent articles in posts here. We win the SB,,,,Marshawn will almost definitely retire. As sad as that would be,, guess I would choose another super bowl, lol