Glad to see R Wilson going back to...

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
... using the pump fake to freeze LBs and getting linemen to jump.

The pump has been missing pretty much all year, and yet RW was sooo successful using it in the his first two years.

trharder

Reaction score
I agree. Especially evident earlier in the season. I felt the pump fake got lost in an effort by RW to get rid of the ball sooner. It seems lately RW has embraced misdirection with his pass attempts, with the no look thing being the other obvious example. RW has always been pretty good at not staring at his receiver though. You know who is terrible about staring at his receiver, Luck.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Even worse? Sackorpick. That first Sherm int, Colin tries the misdirect and scans over to his target at the last second. Problem is, his hand doesn't quite keep up with his eyes and he throws it behind where he was looking. Know who was looking the right way the whole time? Sherman.

-bsd

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
IMO, the pump fake is the most underrated aspect of quarterbacking. Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisbergar have made a career of it. Hass also used to do this extremely well when he was on his game.

Defenders naturally react and move when there is a solid pump fake. This is what opens up the gaps in the zones, makes db's bite on the "stop and go's", helps the receivers create separation, and freezes defenders during scrambles. OB's should be using the pump fake on any play the receivers aren't immediately open.

I agree, RW getting back to this has helped in recent weeks. Hope it continues.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":2bjhlmlm said:
... using the pump fake to freeze LBs and getting linemen to jump.

The pump has been missing pretty much all year, and yet RW was sooo successful using it in the his first two years.
Amazing what happens when RW gets something resembling consistent pass pro.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1l6bo1vr said:
Amazing what happens when RW gets something resembling consistent pass pro.

You mean like Rogers in Green Bay....12 seconds!!! Give any QB in the NFL six or more seconds to pass....you can kiss your ass good-bye!

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Yea I would like to see some heavy consideration and $$ going to upgrading our O Line thats for sure.

Latest posts