Hawks now control their own destiny

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
With much thanks to the Falcons, the Cardinals' loss in Atlanta today means that if the Hawks win out, they will be guaranteed to not only win the NFC West, but it would also guarantee a top 2 seed with a first round bye and a home game in the divisional round.

No pressure, fellas.

Cartire

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic.

And, if NE can help us a little bit here with 4 minutes left, we'll be talking a 1 seed with a win out.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Would a Green Bay loss today put control of the #1 seed in the Seahawks' hands?

rideaducati

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2krl876g said:
With much thanks to the Falcons, the Cardinals' loss in Atlanta today means that if the Hawks win out, they will be guaranteed to not only win the NFC West, but it would also guarantee a top 2 seed with a first round bye and a home game in the divisional round.

No pressure, fellas.

Not necessarily... If Dallas wins their division and is tied with the Seahawks, Seattle would be the 3 seed...assuming the packers get the number 1 seed.

Cartire

Reaction score
rideaducati":1u4x7yhc said:
NorthDallas40oz":1u4x7yhc said:

No pressure, fellas.

Not necessarily... If Dallas wins their division and is tied with the Seahawks, Seattle would be the 3 seed...assuming the packers get the number 1 seed.

Unless 3 teams finish 12-4, then we beat the cowboys in the tiebreaker. They beat us if its only us and them at 12-4.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Cartire":3kadhzh7 said:
rideaducati":3kadhzh7 said:
NorthDallas40oz":3kadhzh7 said:

No pressure, fellas.

Unless 3 teams finish 12-4, then we beat the cowboys in the tiebreaker. They beat us if its only us and them at 12-4.

Hence the "not necessarily".

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm amazed Atlanta did it. Thought KC was our better bet.

Arizona may just begin that free fall after all

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Packers have to play Falcons who are now competitive, @ Buffalo and Detroit still (plus Tampa).

I don't think they'll win out, that Buffalo game is hardly a cake walk, and Detroit will be playing extremely hard to get into the playoffs that last game of the season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":2671ihrq said:
Packers have to play Falcons who are now competitive, @ Buffalo and Detroit still (plus Tampa).

I don't think they'll win out, that Buffalo game is hardly a cake walk, and Detroit will be playing extremely hard to get into the playoffs that last game of the season.

GB will win out. It's a done deal. They had to lose against NE, but they didn't. Off to GB we go for the title.

Don't even bother responding because it's going to happen. It's a fact.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why the Cowboys are below us in the Wild Card standings? We have the same record and they beat us head to head.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3ssg7n7g said:
Can someone explain to me why the Cowboys are below us in the Wild Card standings? We have the same record and they beat us head to head.

3-way-tie removes head-to-head and goes straight to conference record, then common games, so-on.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cartire":245ez9hk said:
HawkFan72":245ez9hk said:

3-way-tie removes head-to-head and goes straight to conference record, then common games, so-on.

Thanks. So if the 3 way tie goes away, they would jump ahead of us in the Wild Card if they keep the same record as us. That's something to watch out for too, I guess.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Crizilla":23w4o7ll said:
hieroglyphics":23w4o7ll said:

GB will win out. It's a done deal. They had to lose against NE, but they didn't. Off to GB we go for the title.

Don't even bother responding because it's going to happen. It's a fact.

I pretty much thought this too from a realistic standpoint. I mean, seriously, GB losing to Falcons or Lions? Longshot. But I am hopeful that someone takes them out. As someone said, any given day.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
GB's closest spread the rest of the way will probably be at Buffalo. It will still be a healthy spread, probably just under a TD, but statistically that's our best hope for an upset.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":eho5if37 said:
GB's closest spread the rest of the way will probably be at Buffalo. It will still be a healthy spread, probably just under a TD, but statistically that's our best hope for an upset.

Detroit is due to win in GB...they haven't won there in 21 years.