Is $300 for a Marshawn Lynch autographed football worth it?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lynch is one of my favorite players. I almost bought his autographed jersey (with lighted case) for $500 after the SB from Woot.

Is this an even reasonable deal or am I just wearing blue and green glasses here?

I don't want to buy something to make money with it, so I don't care if it appreciates - I just don't want to get ripped off and never really buy autographed merch so have no idea what it really should cost.

Any feedback? If it is authentic is $300 at least in the ballpark of reasonable?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You can check Ebay for similar goods to get an idea of where you should be. It doesn't sound off base to me, and if it's worth it to you, it's worth it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
He's worth what you make him worth, someone can say it's not worth it, but others can say it is because of sentimental reasons. If I had that much money to blow I would, cause he too is my favorite ever since he came to the Seahawks.

byau

Reaction score
Having been an autograph hound, trade, collector for many many years, I can unequivocally say that it is worth it if you think it is worth it :)

how's that? :D

Relatively speaking you can probably check out ebay for what similar items have sold for.

But really autographs are kinda funny and I'd say if you are going to be happy with it and get your $300 worth out of it then go for it

Of course it's always much more fun to try to get it in person if you have a chance to

2_0_6

Reaction score
If its an authentic NFL football $300 is a fantastic deal. Those are around $100 alone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy without a COA, otherwise you may be getting a football autographed by a nerd living in his mom's basement.

liftingaddict

Reaction score
I would say that's quite a bit higher than the going rate for a Marshawn Lynch autographed authentic football. I am a huge sports memorabilia collector and base my values on what people are willing to pay. A quick search of completed/sold listings on Ebay shows authentic PSA/DNA authenticated Lynch footballs not selling for 150-200. There are a couple available on the Bay right now for 150-200 or Best Offer with reputable COA's.

Smellyman

Reaction score
depends if it is to you.

autographs are about the lamest things on earth to me, up there with Kardashians.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well I doubt it is a nerd living in his basement since Woot is owned by Amazon.

They are sort of the Grocery Outlet of online commerce. It says it comes with the hologram and cert of authenticity, so hopefully there is recourse if it isn't real. It isn't like some random guy on Ebay.

Why they have so many is a different question. My god the mini helmet signed by Russell Wilson is $220 (!?!?). Seems like a lot for a mini helmet.

Ok thanks for the advice, now I just have to find something $300 that is nice for the gf so I don't get flack about buying a $300 football.

Thanks for the advice.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
There are tons of cool auto'd cards for under $50 that came signed and authenticated straight out of a pack of cards. This one was 1 of 25 made. $52. So you are paying $200 for his auto on a $100 football.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 653

Hawks46

Reaction score
liftingaddict":3f9o1ow4 said:
I would say that's quite a bit higher than the going rate for a Marshawn Lynch autographed authentic football. I am a huge sports memorabilia collector and base my values on what people are willing to pay. A quick search of completed/sold listings on Ebay shows authentic PSA/DNA authenticated Lynch footballs not selling for 150-200. There are a couple available on the Bay right now for 150-200 or Best Offer with reputable COA's.

Crap. I'd buy a Lynch ball for $150.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
liftingaddict":29ofpmab said:
That one is signed "#23". So a Seahawks fan may not want it as he was #23 for the Bills.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":7aq32n3q said:
Lynch is one of my favorite players. I almost bought his autographed jersey (with lighted case) for $500 after the SB from Woot.

Is this an even reasonable deal or am I just wearing blue and green glasses here?

I don't want to buy something to make money with it, so I don't care if it appreciates - I just don't want to get ripped off and never really buy autographed merch so have no idea what it really should cost.

Any feedback? If it is authentic is $300 at least in the ballpark of reasonable?

Depends what kind of football is signed.

Basically Mill Creek Sports (the only place he does signings at) charges $100. When he did inscriptions it was like an extra $30. So if he has a signature and inscription that's worth $130. Then add in the price of the ball. Then add in I dunno a small surcharge for whatever the place is charging you for "inventory cost/convenience fee" for having a pre-signed item ready for sale. Then determine what's that worth for you.

I have a jersey and a football signed by Marshawn that I paid $100/EACH to get signed.

I also have another football I got signed by him at an event for free (or price of admission to the event which was $50 and I got like 20 other player signatgures that day).

So it's really up to you what you think his signature is worth. the few times he ever does a free signing, I'm sure the lines start at 9 AM for a 6 pm signing. So you can determine what your time is worth to you. If this is truly his last year, I doubt he'll stick around the area.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
BTW Mill Creek Sports was doing a sale on their autographed stuff on Black Friday (MAYBE there's a Cyber Monday deal going on right now). They have a Marshawn Lynch ball here for $139

http://www.millcreeksports.com/2014-hol ... esc&page=2

Not bad if you ask me, considering the ball is worth maybe $30, the signature is worth $100. So the "convenience charge" is like $9.

Not a football but for $89 pretty good deal considering the above mentioned. Basically getting $10 discount on the autograph and the mini helmet for free:

http://www.millcreeksports.com/sale-mar ... t-ml-holo/

Not Lynch, but a good deal:

http://www.millcreeksports.com/sale-bob ... -mcs-holo/

$99 for Bobby Wagner signed Seahawks Jersey. Especially considering the jersey not signed normally cost $100 by itself.

Latest posts