Anybody have extra info. on DT Travion Rob or CB Purifoy?

danp1990

Reaction score
I know we claimed CB Loucheiz Purifoy off waivers from the Colts and in Pete's presser Monday he mentioned he did not pass physical. So....is he gone for good? And what about the new DT/NT Travian Robertson? Is he just learning our Defensive scheme, hence he hasn't played a down yet? If anybody has extra info please post. I'm very interested to know what's going on.Thanks guys ,GO HAWKS!!! :D

AgentDib

Reaction score
Purifoy was placed on waivers after “a string of minor, in-house disciplinary issues” and then he failed his physical here. Doesn't have to be a failed drug test but that does look like the simple answer. He's definitely gone.

Robertson was inactive vs. the 49ers. I haven't seen anything recent about him since his interview a week ago, but I think he's 8th on our depth chart on the DL and thus probably won't be active on Sundays unless(until!?) we have another injury hit.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Purifoy was waived after failing his physical by the Hawks. He is not on the Hawks roster. He will go through waivers again. Since the Hawks were last in waiver order and public ally disclosed as injured it's pretty certain he won't be claimed and become a free agent.

Robertson was inactive vs niners. You can only dress 46 players on game day. For him to play requires an injury or surpassing one of the other DTs on the roster.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
Just remebered an SB articlesaying he was going to make our 53 man roster and with a thin interior line rotation, I thought he'd be active .Thanks again guys!

Basis4day

Reaction score
You're not far off. Robertson was active against AZ. Jordan Hill got a lot of work against the niners, so it stands to reason they like what they're getting from Hill and Williams in Mebane's place. You may see him, but he's on the fringes for the game day roster.