John Ryan

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere but this dude has been flat balling all year, and that punt against the niners the other day was just plain amazing. Bobbled the snap, casually sidestepped the defender and got the punt off anyway, only to have the ball stripped by Lockette and recovered by Schofield. That has to be the Special teams play of the week at the least. And I don't think he will even get a pro bowl invite. Theres a video link at the top of this article in the Times.

#RYANISMAN

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... ryan-punt/

pmedic920

Reaction score
John Ryan is truly an unsung HERO in my eyes.
IMHO him and that other guy that kicks are Who I want in those spots.
I honestly couldn't pick somebody Id rather have on the team as punter/ kicker.

Ruminator

Reaction score
A video compilation of the reaction of fans, both Hawks and 49ers, in their homes and at various locales watching that play would be amusing. That was the one play the 49ers needed to capitalize on to have any chance of winning the game.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
That might have been my favourite play of the game. I saw a comment on ninersnation that went along the lines of 'so their punter fumbles the ball and we lose possession. Magic.'

Also, It's a joke that Lockette isn't up for Pro Bowl consideration. I think Shead's the only non punting/kicking/returning Special teamer you can nominate.

mikeak

Reaction score
Nothing beats the "free-kick" after a safety earlier in the year.

For some reason I can't recall the game now but don't think I have ever seen as long of a kick after a safety

ManBunts

Reaction score
I honestly think a smart team would think it might be in their interest to let us convert when we're anywhere near midfield. If not, you're looking at Ryan putting it inside the 5. Then you're looking at Lockette speeding down and blowing your return guy up. Then you're looking at facing OUR defense with your back to the goal line. He's perfect for our abilities, and probably one of the few punters that is actually a weapon, not just a fallback after a failed drive.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy about our kicking game right now. I hope we can keep Ryan and Haushka around for a few years.