2 things I noticed vs. SF

Largent80

Reaction score
I re-watched the game for the 4th time, this time to focus on players making plays.

1.) Kam Chancellor is playing like last years version. OMG, he was wrecking people all game. The last play of the game he was with 2 other Hawks and just obliterated the 9er. In previous plays he smacked the crap out of Gore, and before that demolished Crabtree....Wow, Also, Bobby Friggin Wagner......Dayum he makes it all happen.

2.) Luke Willson....Holy Schnikies, everytime I focused on him he was making plays, either a block, or blocking/releasing.
Dude had a great game and I think we are set next year with Willson, Moeaki, and Helfet.

These are just a couple, but there are many more. Add if you have any you saw.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Largent80":3gbrp96g said:
I re-watched the game for the 4th time, this time to focus on players making plays.

1.) Kam Chancellor is playing like last years version. OMG, he was wrecking people all game. The last play of the game he was with 2 other Hawks and just obliterated the 9er. In previous plays he smacked the crap out of Gore, and before that demolished Crabtree....Wow, Also, Bobby Friggin Wagner......Dayum he makes it all happen.

2.) Luke Willson....Holy Schnikies, everytime I focused on him he was making plays, either a block, or blocking/releasing.
Dude had a great game and I think we are set next year with Willson, Moeaki, and Helfet.

That is until Moeaki has his yearly knee blowout.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I love what we've been doing with Willson lately, and our TE's in general. He has a tough time with contested catches so we are getting him into space in the middle 2/3 of the field.

Getting Kam and Wagner back fully healthy seemed to make everyone play harder. Leading by example. Obviously the talent level is better with them out there, but just the control of the defense and assignments seemed so crisp. I missed the sure-tackling and jawing at opposing teams that we seemed to be missing earlier this year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3gbwe74n said:
Largent80":3gbwe74n said:

There ya go Mr. positivity.
Ain't nobody be getting away with some feel good stuff, not if SD has anything to say about it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
mistaowen":145kz8j0 said:
I love what we've been doing with Willson lately, and our TE's in general. He has a tough time with contested catches so we are getting him into space in the middle 2/3 of the field.

Excellent point, and that is exactly what I thought when he was "struggling" earlier. Though he was the #2 TE it didn't mean that he was the right guy to fill in for Zach Miller when Miller went down. Willson is a little light for those contested grabs in high traffic areas, unlike the thicker Miller. Willson is now back playing to his strengths; and that is largely positional blocking on the move and threatening the flats and stretching the field horizontally with his speed. Not a good player when asked to play to Zach Miller's strengths, but a very nice piece when played to his own strengths.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, Demarcus Dobbs and Jordan Hill played really good in spot duty. I was hard on Hill earlier this year, but he really seems to have stepped up his game. With Dobbs, this is his second game (KC Chiefs) where he looks like he truly belongs on an NFL roster, not just some on the bubble waiver wire pickup. He showed some good strength and initial burst off the line and plays hard.

Cliff Avril deserves more credit for his performance. He was abusing Johnathon Martin most the game and was close to a couple sacks that he just missed or another Hawk got to first.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Remember the offsetting penalties right after Dick Sure got his 2nd interception? TV never showed the penalty. When Kaep escaped the pocket, Simon knocked the holy living shit out of Crabtree. Legally. Crabs got up and they scuffled. apparently the scuffle was where they got flagged. The scuffle isn't on the all-22, but the hit is. It's awesome.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mistaowen":3g14rxs2 said:
I love what we've been doing with Willson lately, and our TE's in general. He has a tough time with contested catches so we are getting him into space in the middle 2/3 of the field...........
It's often said that good coaching is putting your players in position to make good plays and it would seem the offensive coaches are now doing that with Luke. To me in retrospect this could've happened sooner but of course hindsight is generally 20/20. But none the less, it is happening and working now so............. dare I say Bevell :th2thumbs:

HawkWow

Reaction score
^ Not if you're "Superman".
The SEC educated Cam Newton recently commented "we all know Hindsight is 50/50".

You can't make this stuff up.

Props to our group of TEs. That of course including Zach ' cuz Zach be our backbone.

With the emergence of Helfert and Moeaki (plus Willson and Zach) I now wonder if McCoy will even be invited to camp next year? For the 1st time since the draft, I am now content with the fact we didn't go ASJ.

I believe both Norwood and Richardson will be featured mightily, or as mightily as any Hawk receivers can be, in our 2015 season. If we can just make due in the interim, I think Russ will have a pretty good group of ball catchers to work with next year. I know mine is an unpopular position, but I sincerely hope we don't use anything more than a mid to late on another receiver (or RB) next spring.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I noticed the "oh S**t" look on Harbaugh's face shortly after Russell had that scramble play to Moeaki.

Loved it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":20uswizj said:
The SEC educated Cam Newton recently commented "we all know Hindsight is 50/50".

Wow, just freakin' wow.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Well hindsight is 50/50 for me also because I immediately forget half of whatever happens or somebody tells me. Sounds like that is a problem for Cam as well.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2yrgcxnw said:
With the emergence of Helfert and Moeaki (plus Willson and Zach) I now wonder if McCoy will even be invited to camp next year? For the 1st time since the draft, I am now content with the fact we didn't go ASJ.

I keep seeing this name... who is he? Is this another "Dodd" situation?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1iq4intf said:
Off the top of my head, Demarcus Dobbs and Jordan Hill played really good in spot duty. I was hard on Hill earlier this year, but he really seems to have stepped up his game. With Dobbs, this is his second game (KC Chiefs) where he looks like he truly belongs on an NFL roster, not just some on the bubble waiver wire pickup. He showed some good strength and initial burst off the line and plays hard.

Cliff Avril deserves more credit for his performance. He was abusing Johnathon Martin most the game and was close to a couple sacks that he just missed or another Hawk got to first.

Agreed. A definite honorable mention to Earl. It seemed like every single play he was coming from 5+ yards out like a bullet to lay a lick on somebody. Fun to see!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":28pbwecq said:
HawkWow":28pbwecq said:

LOL..Helfet. Unsure if I called him Helfert before, but probably did. In any event, your point well taken. Disrespectful on my behalf.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1vkcm2ix said:
HawkWow":1vkcm2ix said:

Wow, just freakin' wow.

10x the wow had you witnessed the confidence in his delivery, SD1. ; )

Agent Dib: I enjoy your posts and believe Newton wishes you two shared the same stigmas.

If you guys didn't see that particular interview, I'm sure it's on Youtube. He was looking quite fabulous and dare I say, educated. Fortunately for him he didn't don the non-prescription glasses for that interview. He managed to be all kinds of stupid without them.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2tf0foxm said:
Ad Hawk":2tf0foxm said:
HawkWow":2tf0foxm said:

LOL..Helfet. Unsure if I called him Helfert before, but probably did. In any event, your point well taken. Disrespectful on my behalf.

No, not at all, HW... I just thought it was funny because I've read Helfert by several on this board. And then I heard one of the announcers during a game call him "Helfret."

I'm just waiting for the inevitable, and juvenile, Helfart.

Well, there... I just did it myself. Juvenile. LOL!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3h56pzva said:
Largent80":3h56pzva said:

Have tried eating more fibre? (j/k)

acbass

Reaction score
I would love to see the Hawks draft Max Williams TE from Minnesota. I Russell needs a big target, but he can also block. I love what I've been seeing out of a few of the younger guys down the stretch. Keep it up!!